Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Non-Amish Book Discussions > Why is the group homepage feauturing 2 non-Amish books?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Okay, two non-Amish books are listed because one is the current book and the other is the upcoming book for the Christian Fiction Group Read.

This group is not changing. Several years ago when I first joined this group, several members had asked for another group read for Christian fiction. I have been maintaining that group read since it began.

message 2: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments No, I am not changing the name of the group. This group is primarily for Fans of Amish Fiction as named. The Christian Fiction group read folder is a bonus, it is only a small portion of the entire group. I'm sorry if you disagree.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 78 comments I dont think you should change the name either......90% of the group is for Amish readers. I enjoy having both Amish/Christian choices.

message 4: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Thank you for your support Susan.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1492 comments Mod
Personally I like that I can have more than one book to read each month. I don't read them regularly, but since it doesn't take me a whole month to get through one book I have options. I think that's why the Christian read was added months after our group read began.

P.S. I also like to know what else is interesting to others.

message 6: by C. (last edited Feb 25, 2016 08:10AM) (new)

C. | 84 comments LOL, I have so many TBR lists[separated by genre], that I never have to worry about having another book to read. Also why I also never do reading challenges, and such.

I was just so surprised when I clicked on those books to see they had nothing to do with the Amish, since the reason I joined this group was to find more titles, and read discussions about them.

I was just wondering if this group was moving away from being a group for readers of Amish fiction.

I have read and loved a ton of Christian fiction-nonfiction over the years, but as I now consider myself a Naturalist I no longer actively seek out Christian literature, especially since there is such a preponderance of it.

message 7: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Again, this group is not moving away from Amish fiction at all. We are just giving our members another reading option if they choose to participate.

message 8: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) C. wrote: "..."Stealth Christianity" when Christian authors try to hide their books in with the mainstream fiction, by not tagging their books as Christian..."

Why do people believe that if a book by a Christian author isn't tagged as Christian at Amazon, then the author is trying to deceive potential buyers and is practicing "stealth Christianity"? Why is it the responsibility of Christian authors to go on Amazon to check for tags and add them where they've been omitted? Do Amazon employees add tags when they add books to the system? If so, shouldn't it be their responsibility to tag books as Christian? Shouldn't they be familiar with Christian publishers and know to add the tag? For some indie products, I can see where an Amazon employee may not realize a book has Christian elements, but I often see complaints about books published by major Christian publishing houses not being tagged.

message 9: by C. (new)

C. | 84 comments If you are asking me, since I am not an author nor an employee of Amazon, I have no idea?