All Challenges All The Time discussion

Retired Challenges > May 2014

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Jojobean | 1584 comments Mod
May 2014 Monthly Challenge

Levels
Easy~ 1-3 books
Medium~ 4-7 books
Hard~ 10 books

You can create your lists now but no reading until May 1

1. In May, many bugs start to come out and the dreaded mosquitoes are here. Read a book with a insect or bug on the cover or title

2. May's zodiac signs are Taurus and Gemini. We will focus on Gemini this month. Gemini is the 3rd sign in the zodiac and represented by twins. People born under the Gemini sign are said to be Energetic, Clever, Imaginative, Witty, Adaptable, Superficial, Impulsive, Restless, Devious and Indecisive.
Read a book that is third in a series OR a book with twins in it or the MC is a twin or with MC pov's who are twins OR with a character who displays at least two of Gemini's personality characteristics. If choosing the characteristics please be sure to tell us which ones your character displays.

3. May 1st is "loyalty day" so read a book with a MC is who is extremely loyal to someone in the book

4. May 2 is "Baby Day". Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role

5. May 4th is 'bird day". Read a book with a bird on the cover or in the title

6. May 5th is Cinco de Mayo so read a book set in Mexico OR whose MC is mexican OR whose author is Mexican

7. May 10 is "Clean up your room day". Read a book with a bedroom on the cover.

8. May 11 is "Eat what you want Day" so read a book with your favorite food on the cover or title.

9. May 16 is "Wear Purple for Peace Day". Read a book with a purple cover.

10. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day" so read a book where the MC is a male OR a book whose author is male.

message 2: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (last edited May 08, 2014 07:24PM) (new)

message 3: by Trisha (last edited May 21, 2014 06:48PM) (new)

Trisha I'm in! I'll set my book list tomorrow!

Start Date: 5/1
Completed: 5/21

8/8

1. In May, many bugs start to come out and the dreaded mosquitoes are here.
Madapple 5/8

2. May's zodiac signs are Taurus and Gemini.
The Angel Hunter 5/18

3. May 1st is "loyalty day"
Beautiful Redemption 5/17

4. May 2 is "Baby Day".
Vitro 5/10

5. May 4th is 'bird day".
Restoring Harmony 5/11

7. May 10 is "Clean up your room day".
To All the Boys I've Loved Before 5/21

9. May 16 is "Wear Purple for Peace Day".
Magical 5/8

10. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day"
Savage Drift 5/14

Read:
Magical by Alex Flinn Vitro by Jessica Khoury Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4) by Kami Garcia Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony Savage Drift (Monument 14, #3) by Emmy Laybourne The Angel Hunter by J.A. Leary To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Madapple by Christina Meldrum

message 4: by Chrystal (new)

Chrystal | 137 comments Will determine booklist tomorrow or may just see what i read and if it fits :D

May 2014 Monthly Challenge
Begin 5/1/14
End 5/31/14

Levels
Easy~ 1-3 books
Medium~ 4-7 books
Hard~ 10 books

You can create your lists now but no reading until May 1

1. In May, many bugs start to come out and the dreaded mosquitoes are here. Read a book with a insect or bug on the cover or title

2. May's zodiac signs are Taurus and Gemini. We will focus on Gemini this month. Gemini is the 3rd sign in the zodiac and represented by twins. People born under the Gemini sign are said to be Energetic, Clever, Imaginative, Witty, Adaptable, Superficial, Impulsive, Restless, Devious and Indecisive.
Read a book that is third in a series OR a book with twins in it or the MC is a twin or with MC pov's who are twins OR with a character who displays at least two of Gemini's personality characteristics. If choosing the characteristics please be sure to tell us which ones your character displays.

3. May 1st is "loyalty day" so read a book with a MC is who is extremely loyal to someone in the book

4. May 2 is "Baby Day". Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role

6. May 5th is Cinco de Mayo so read a book set in Mexico OR whose MC is mexican OR whose author is Mexican

8. May 11 is "Eat what you want Day" so read a book with your favorite food on the cover or title.

9. May 16 is "Wear Purple for Peace Day". Read a book with a purple cover.

10. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day" so read a book where the MC is a male OR a book whose author is male.

message 5: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 01, 2014 08:14AM) (new)

Barbara ★ I'm going to commit to 8 but hopefully complete all 10.
ETA: change of plans. I finally read the tasks and realized I can only commit to 4 though maybe I can find 3 & 4 once I read the books.

READ: 6/5

✔2. May's zodiac signs are Taurus and Gemini. We will focus on Gemini this month. Gemini is the 3rd sign in the zodiac and represented by twins. Read a book that is third in a series OR a book with twins in it or the MC is a twin or with MC pov's who are twins.
Wicked Highlander - Donna Grant (Dark Sword 03) 5/30

✔3. May 1st is "loyalty day" so read a book with a MC is who is extremely loyal to someone in the book
Atlantis Betrayed - Alyssa Day 5/6

✔4. May 2 is "Baby Day". Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role
The Golden One - Elizabeth Peters (Nefret is pregnant) 5/8

✔5. May 4th is 'bird day". Read a book with a bird on the cover or in the title
The Firebird - Susanna Kearsley 5/12

✔9. May 16 is "Wear Purple for Peace Day". Read a book with a purple cover.
Loving A Lost Lord - Mary Jo Putney 5/11

✔10. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day" a book whose author is male.
Unwind - Neal Shusterman 5/21

Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3) by Donna Grant Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6) by Alyssa Day The Golden One (Amelia Peabody, #14) by Elizabeth Peters The Firebird (Slains, #2) by Susanna Kearsley Loving a Lost Lord (Lost Lords #1) by Mary Jo Putney Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 6: by Sheila (last edited May 12, 2014 04:54PM) (new)

Sheila (sheilaj)
Sheila's All Challenges May 2014 Monthly Challenge

6/6 Finished ✔

Taboo (CSI Reilly Steel, #1) by Casey Hill Taboo by Casey Hill
(MC is energetic and imaginative)

Fever of the Bone (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, #6) by Val McDermid Fever of the Bone by Val McDermid
(Carol and Tony are very loyal to one another)

The House at Sea's End (Ruth Galloway, #3) by Elly Griffiths The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths
(Ruth gives birth to a baby girl)

Raven Black (Shetland, #1) by Ann Cleeves Raven Black by Ann Cleeves

The Grilling Season (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery #7) by Diane Mott Davidson The Grilling Season by Diane Mott Davidson

The Coffin Trail (Lake District Mystery #1) by Martin Edwards The Coffin Trail by Martin Edwards

message 7: by Jade (new)

Jade I'll Join.
I'll update when I have a book that fits in with the list. :)

message 8: by Megan (last edited Jun 01, 2014 05:44PM) (new)

Megan Start Date: May 1
End Date: May 31
Easy 1 - 3 books

Read a book that is third in a series OR a book with twins in it or the MC is a twin or with MC pov's who are twins OR with a character who displays at least two of Gemini's personality characteristics. If choosing the characteristics please be sure to tell us which ones your character displays. The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong 5/29 (4*)

4. May 2 is "Baby Day". Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role: Three Girls and a Baby (Three Girls, #1) by Rachel Schurig 5/25 (4*)

10. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day" so read a book where the MC is a male OR a book whose author is male. Partials (The Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells 5/14 (3*)

message 9: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (lindylee) | 6 comments I am in

message 10: by Erin (last edited May 26, 2014 05:05PM) (new)

Erin May 2014 Monthly Challenge
Medium level
7/7, Completed 5/25/14

1. May's zodiac signs are Taurus and Gemini. We will focus on Gemini this month. Gemini is the 3rd sign in the zodiac and represented by twins. People born under the Gemini sign are said to be Energetic, Clever, Imaginative, Witty, Adaptable, Superficial, Impulsive, Restless, Devious and Indecisive.
Sullivan by Bailey Bradford, Gemini personality traits: witty and energetic, read 5/14/14

2. May 1st is "loyalty day" so read a book with a MC is who is extremely loyal to someone in the book
The General and the Elephant Clock of Al-Jazari by Sarah Black, read 5/12/14

3. May 2 is "Baby Day". Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role
King Merek and the Mechanic by Lyssa Samuels, read 5/13/14

4. May 4th is 'bird day". Read a book with a bird on the cover or in the title
Gateway by Sharon Shinn, read 5/25/14

5. May 11 is "Eat what you want Day" so read a book with your favorite food on the cover or title. Tea (not technically food, but...)
The Fall of the Dragon King by MomsDarkSecret, read 5/24/14

6. May 16 is "Wear Purple for Peace Day". Read a book with a purple cover.
Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch, read 5/4/14

7. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day" so read a book where the MC is a male OR a book whose author is male.
Unlikely Hero by Sean Michael, read 5/19/14

message 11: by jingles (last edited May 27, 2014 02:16PM) (new)

jingles | 3480 comments Mod
ACATT: May 2014 Monthly Challenge
Date: 05/01/14 - 05/31/14
6/6 Completed

✔1. INSECT/BUG:
Read a book with a insect or bug on the cover or title.
The Husband's Secret|Liane Moriarty - 05/08/14
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

✔2. TAURUS/GEMINI:
Read a book that is third in a series.
Whisper Falls|Toni Blake - 05/08/14

✔3. LOYALTY DAY:
Read a book with a MC is who is extremely loyal to someone in the book.
(Rachel is extremely loyal to her very selfish best friend, Darcy)

Something Borrowed|Emily Giffin - 05/13/14

✔4. Baby Day:
Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role.
(Shelby is on a mission to find her child - a baby she thought dead at birth.)
Unspoken|Lisa Jackson - 05/14/14

✔9. WEAR PURPLE FOR PEACE:
Read a book with a purple cover.
Instant Gratification|Jill Shalvis - 05/10/14
Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2) by Jill Shalvis

✔10. Boy's Club Day:
Read a book whose author is male.
Mortal Fear|Greg Iles - 05/12/14

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3) by Toni Blake Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin Unspoken by Lisa Jackson Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2) by Jill Shalvis Mortal Fear (Mississippi #1) by Greg Iles

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿CHALLENGE COMPLETED 05/27/14✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

message 12: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

yay jingles

message 13: by jingles (new)

I know! It's great to be back amongst the reading challenges :).

I was starting to have serious withdrawal issues. Lol

message 14: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj)
Sheila's All Challenges May 2014 Monthly Challenge

6/6 Finished ✔

Taboo (CSI Reilly Steel, #1) by Casey Hill Taboo by Casey Hill
(MC is energetic and imaginative)

Fever of the Bone (Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, #6) by Val McDermid Fever of the Bone by Val McDermid
(Carol and Tony are very loyal to one another)

The House at Sea's End (Ruth Galloway, #3) by Elly Griffiths The House at Sea's End by Elly Griffiths
(Ruth gives birth to a baby girl)

Raven Black (Shetland, #1) by Ann Cleeves Raven Black by Ann Cleeves

The Grilling Season (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery #7) by Diane Mott Davidson The Grilling Season by Diane Mott Davidson

The Coffin Trail (Lake District Mystery #1) by Martin Edwards The Coffin Trail by Martin Edwards

message 15: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Yay! Congrats Sheila!!

message 16: by jingles (new)

Way to go, Sheila!

message 17: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Thanks, I read a lot of great books this month.

message 18: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Congrats Sheila!

message 19: by Mickslibrarian (last edited May 28, 2014 07:44PM) (new)

Mickslibrarian 5/10

3. May 1st is "loyalty day". In the Shadows by Kiersten White May 19

4. May 2 is "Baby Day". When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn May 5

6. May 5th is Cinco de Mayo. Becoming Naomi León by Pam Muñoz Ryan May 3

9. May 16 is "Wear Purple for Peace Day". It's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn May 28

10. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day". Master of Deceit: J. Edgar Hoover and America in the Age of Lies by Marc Aronson May 18

Becoming Naomi León by Pam Muñoz Ryan When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn Master of Deceit J. Edgar Hoover and America in the Age of Lies by Marc Aronson In the Shadows by Kiersten White It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons #7) by Julia Quinn

message 20: by Erin (new)

Erin May 2014 Monthly Challenge
Medium level
7/7, Completed 5/25/14

1. May's zodiac signs are Taurus and Gemini. We will focus on Gemini this month. Gemini is the 3rd sign in the zodiac and represented by twins. People born under the Gemini sign are said to be Energetic, Clever, Imaginative, Witty, Adaptable, Superficial, Impulsive, Restless, Devious and Indecisive.
Sullivan by Bailey Bradford, Gemini personality traits: witty and energetic, read 5/14/14

2. May 1st is "loyalty day" so read a book with a MC is who is extremely loyal to someone in the book
The General and the Elephant Clock of Al-Jazari by Sarah Black, read 5/12/14

3. May 2 is "Baby Day". Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role
King Merek and the Mechanic by Lyssa Samuels, read 5/13/14

4. May 4th is 'bird day". Read a book with a bird on the cover or in the title
Gateway by Sharon Shinn, read 5/25/14

5. May 11 is "Eat what you want Day" so read a book with your favorite food on the cover or title. Tea (not technically food, but...)
The Fall of the Dragon King by MomsDarkSecret, read 5/24/14

6. May 16 is "Wear Purple for Peace Day". Read a book with a purple cover.
Tolstoy and the Purple Chair: My Year of Magical Reading by Nina Sankovitch, read 5/4/14

7. May 19 is "Boy's Club Day" so read a book where the MC is a male OR a book whose author is male.
Unlikely Hero by Sean Michael, read 5/19

message 21: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Yay! congrats Erin!!!

message 22: by jingles (new)

Way to go, Erin!

message 23: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

Congrats Erin!

message 24: by jingles (last edited May 27, 2014 02:18PM) (new)

I don't think I'm going to get any more done this month. I did manage to finish more than I thought I would :)

Here is my final update.

ACATT: May 2014 Monthly Challenge
Date: 05/01/14 - 05/31/14
6/6 Completed

✔1. INSECT/BUG:
Read a book with a insect or bug on the cover or title.
The Husband's Secret|Liane Moriarty - 05/08/14
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

✔2. TAURUS/GEMINI:
Read a book that is third in a series.
Whisper Falls|Toni Blake - 05/08/14

✔3. LOYALTY DAY:
Read a book with a MC is who is extremely loyal to someone in the book.
(Rachel is extremely loyal to her very selfish best friend, Darcy)

Something Borrowed|Emily Giffin - 05/13/14

✔4. Baby Day:
Read a book where the MC is pregnant or has a baby OR read a book where a baby plays a significant role.
(Shelby is on a mission to find her child - a baby she thought dead at birth.)
Unspoken|Lisa Jackson - 05/14/14

✔9. WEAR PURPLE FOR PEACE:
Read a book with a purple cover.
Instant Gratification|Jill Shalvis - 05/10/14
Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2) by Jill Shalvis

✔10. Boy's Club Day:
Read a book whose author is male.
Mortal Fear|Greg Iles - 05/12/14

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3) by Toni Blake Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin Unspoken by Lisa Jackson Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2) by Jill Shalvis Mortal Fear (Mississippi #1) by Greg Iles

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿CHALLENGE COMPLETED 05/27/14✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin Still a lot to be proud of, Jingles! Way to go :)

message 26: by jingles (new)

Thanks, Erin!

message 27: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

congrats jingles!

message 28: by Trisha (new)

Trisha Yay! Congrats Jingles!!

message 29: by jingles (new)

Thanks, Trisha and Joanne!

message 30: by Mickslibrarian (new)

Mickslibrarian Yep, that's all I'm gonna get done this month.

message 31: by Jojobean, Bookworm Challenger (new)

congrats Mickslibrarian for all that you read this month

message 32: by jingles (new)

Way to go, Mickslibrarian!