Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Problems with books being added.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (last edited Feb 24, 2016 02:03AM) (new)

William Couper (willcouper) | 8 comments Hi, again.

I now have three books being attributed to the wrong author.

Two are books that I am contributor to:

Cthulhu Lies Dreaming, ISBN13 9780957627178
Atrum Tempestas, ISBN 0955977819

One is a self-published Kindle edition:

Mister Bomblefetch, ASIN B01BX1SDEO

I am planning on adding more Kindle books in the future and I wonder if there is a way to avoid having to post in this forum every time to have them added to my author page.

Thank you for your time.

message 2: by William (new)

William Couper (willcouper) | 8 comments Thank you very much for the swift action!

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20193 comments Moved the books to your profile.

William wrote: "I am planning on adding more Kindle books in the future and I wonder if there is a way to avoid having to post in this forum every time to have them added to my author page."

A way would be to add the books yourself, before Goodreads imports them from Amazon. The imported books end up on the 'default' William Couper profile.

message 4: by William (new)

William Couper (willcouper) | 8 comments Thank you, again.

How long do I have after a book is added to Amazon to manually add a book to Goodreads?

message 5: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20193 comments William wrote: "Thank you, again.

How long do I have after a book is added to Amazon to manually add a book to Goodreads?"

I don't know. Librarians have no info when and how soon Goodreads imports books from Amazon. Best would be as soon as the ASIN is known.

We are always happy to help you move your books to your profile. Feel free to ask another time.

message 6: by William (new)

William Couper (willcouper) | 8 comments Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated.