What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 2 comments Adult urban fantasy/paranormal romance (not so much on the romance part though)
Main character is a woman who was forcibly 'turned' (like a vampire) into an immortal by her 'best friend' a witch. Now she's compelled by a spell to be part of the witch's guard.

The moon guard or night guard, something like that. Main character is the leader of the night guard. The witch also has a sun guard or day guard (?) Moon guard can't be in sunlight, even moonlight can be painful to them.

There are other witches with the same guards. Some inciting incident has the witches coming together for a meeting. Main character meets maybe love interest at meeting.
Witches torture MC and love interest to see who can take the most (freaky right?) MC wins .

Angels are involved somehow and a water hag.
The witches also have their 'territory' covering either states or cities--I don't know.
I can't remember the story arc, mostly just little scenes. Any and all help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Hayley

message 2: by Daffodil (last edited Feb 24, 2016 06:55AM) (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 121 comments Could it be DIana Francis Pharaoh's Horngate Witches? I haven't read any of them yet, but they are on my TBR. The blurb on the first book mentions Max being unwillingly turned into a Shadowblade, a witch's personal warrior. The genres listed on GR includes the Angel category.

First three books: Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) by Diana Pharaoh Francis Crimson Wind (Horngate Witches, #2) by Diana Pharaoh Francis Shadow City (Horngate Witches, #3) by Diana Pharaoh Francis

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 2 comments That's them!! Thank you so so much!

message 4: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (daffodil--ripcranberry) | 121 comments You're welcome!