Retro Reads discussion

Far Pavilions > Greetings!

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (last edited Feb 23, 2016 10:21PM) (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 1512 comments Mod
I have finally acquired a copy of The FP & would be up for a buddy read round June/July if anyone's interested! :)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments I'm sorry, what is FP?

message 3: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

The Far Pavilions. :)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments Oh! Thanks.

I got FP and MMK other books for half price at kobo.

Now that I have FP eBook, I'm trying to fit it in for classic bingo.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Chichi Hsiao (amylord) | 29 comments Hmm I'm up for it. Think I'm gonna do audio for a change this time.

btw I also read it on Kobo. :)

message 6: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1923 comments Carol ♔ Typo Queen! ♔ wrote: "I have finally acquired a copy of The FP & would be up for a buddy read round June/July if anyone's interested! :)"

I have a copy somewhere, but since I'd be reading it in the heat of summer and you'd be reading it in winter... I'll have to see how tough I'm feeling!

message 7: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Thanks all! It definitely will be at least June before I get to this one! :)

message 8: by Katy (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 126 comments Carol ♔ Typo Queen! ♔ wrote: "I have finally acquired a copy of The FP & would be up for a buddy read round June/July if anyone's interested! :)"

I loved The Far Pavilions! Great book.

message 9: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Hi everyone. Could I push the FP read back to August?

As some of you know, I'm going to a Georgette Heyer Conference in August, so I'm trying to tidy up some group reads, a read for review then do some prep reading.

With this book being such a chunkster I think I need to push it back.

message 10: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1923 comments Carol ♔ Type, Oh Queen! ♔ wrote: "Hi everyone. Could I push the FP read back to August?

As some of you know, I'm going to a Georgette Heyer Conference in August, so I'm trying to tidy up some group reads, a read for review then do..."

Ok by me - September would be even better!

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments August or September are ok with me for FP.

FP didn't make into classic bingo as I had hoped, but I'm still up for a b-r of this book.

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments So are we reading FP in August or in September?

message 13: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "So are we reading FP in August or in September?"

I'm thinking about taking The FP to Aussie for my holiday, rather than the kindle. I'm away the 5th till the 15th of Aug but will have little to no internet. Or I could take another book with me & start on the 10th. Or I could take my Kindle & we could start the read on the 16th.

As you might gether, I'm pretty fluid! :D

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments Either the 10th or 16th works for me.

message 15: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Either the 10th or 16th works for me."

Let's make it the 16th. :) I'm taking a guide book & a book I'm hoping Jen Koestler will sign, so weight wise my Kindle will be easier than this chunkster! :)

message 16: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1923 comments Carol ♔ Type, Oh Queen! ♔ wrote: "Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Either the 10th or 16th works for me."

Let's make it the 16th. :) I'm taking a guide book & a book I'm hoping Jen Koestler will sign, s..."

I hope she does sign it!

message 17: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

Karlyne wrote: " Carol ♔ Type, Oh Queen! ♔ wrote: "Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Either the 10th or 16th works for me."

Let's make it the 16th. :) I'm taking a guide book & a book I..."

I can't take the Heyer biography as my friend Chris left it in the rain & it would be too embarrassing to show it to the author like that! But I have a copy of Georgette Heyer's Regency World so I'm taking that along!

message 18: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum | 1923 comments Carol ♔ Type, Oh Queen! ♔ wrote: "Karlyne wrote: " Carol ♔ Type, Oh Queen! ♔ wrote: "Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Either the 10th or 16th works for me."

Let's make it the 16th. :) I'm taking a guide..."

And I just asked you over on The Royal Escape discussion if you were going for a GH convention, which is what I remember, but, alas, alas, the memory is not as reliable as it used to be...

message 19: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

I'm back!

Tadiana has said we are welcome to start our own threads or use the existing ones.

What would you ladies prefer to do?

& I'll probably be a day late (17th your time, 18th my time) as something urgent has come up & I"m back at work tomorrow.

But I'm staring at it'spretty colour & I'm really keen! :)

Andrea AKA Catsos Person (catsosperson) | 157 comments Welcome back from your adventure!

message 21: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Moderator (new)

& a falling apart copy of Death in Zanzibar turned up at my work.Probably won't get to read until next year.