Cover Bazaar discussion

Designer Alley > Wanted: Designers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy Bird (katybird) | 13 comments Mod
You can post here to become a designer.

Posting here means that your work will be reviewed by all the staff members until a decision is made. If you are accepted, you will be added to the designer list in the discussion 'Designer Portfolios', and also are able to make your own 'Cover Shoppe' topic. If you are not accepted, you are automatically a preliminary artist, and have the option to apply again one month from the day and time you first applied.

Good luck!

Becoming a designer

1. Post below using the form.

2. Make sure to be an active member.

3. At least 1 month on Goodreads.

Form

Name/Pen Name: (if preferred)

Experience with Book Covers/Graphic Design:

Book Cover Design examples: (Min. 3)

Personal Strengths (as a Designer):

Personal Weaknesses (as a Designer):

One random fact about yourself:

message 2: by Niki (new)

Niki (peculiarperspective) | 2 comments Name/Pen Name: (if preferred) Niki Browning (Peculiar Perspective Cover Design)

Experience with Book Covers/Graphic Design: I have been designing covers for over 10 years. I have been the primary cover artist at Mundania Press for over 10 years. I have also freelanced for other authors and publishers in that time including.

Book Cover Design examples: (Min. 3)

Personal Strengths (as a Designer): I always make sure the lines of communication stay open between myself and the author. The best covers are a mutual collaboration between author and designer.

Personal Weaknesses (as a Designer): I have trouble saying "no" when an author asks for something.

One random fact about yourself: I handle creative criticism well.

message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy Bird (katybird) | 13 comments Mod
Amazing artwork Niki! That top cover is especially gorgeous; The composition and text work is spot on. Not to mention your coloring and blending techniques are lovely!

Thank you for applying, and welcome to the group!

message 4: by Niki (new)

Niki (peculiarperspective) | 2 comments K. C. wrote: "Amazing artwork Niki! That top cover is especially gorgeous; The composition and text work is spot on. Not to mention your coloring and blending techniques are lovely!

Thank you for applying, and..."

Thank you so much!