What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > teen kidnapping mystery, important man's daughter kidnapped, group of kids try to find her

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (last edited Feb 23, 2016 08:08PM) (new)

Courtney | 8 comments I hope someone out there can help. It's a teen kidnapping mystery and a young girl is kidnapped (Abbey, Amber, I can't remember her name, I THINK it started with A). I think she was the mayor's daughter, or someone quite important. She had red hair (odd detail to remember from a book). A group of friends, I think three or four kids, get on the case, and I remember the book culminated at a big old house and there were media everywhere. One of the kids went into the house to look for the girl and somehow found a false floor in a wardrobe. When they pulled the panel up, they found the girl tied up underneath it and accidentally pulled on her hair when they tried to get her out.

Pretty sure the cover was a blue/green colour, with the three kids standing in the center front, possibly the house was in the background. It's very fuzzy to me.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
And (from your other thread) you read this book about 10 years ago as a preteen. (Deleting other thread.)

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 8 comments Yes, I was about...12 when I read it I think, so it was published pre-2008.

Thank you.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Courtney, I edited your Topic header because it sounds like it contains a spoiler (re: location of the kidnapped girl).

What's the location - country, big city/small town, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the kids on the case - age and gender, is the kidnapped girl a close friend of theirs, etc.?

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 8 comments Pretty sure it wasn't a big city, or a small town, somewhere in between. Suburban, but quiet.

Kids were probably...10-13, I know there was at least one boy and girl, can't remember the gender of the third child, possibly a girl. I could be getting my child mysteries mixed up but the girl may have had short hair, like a bob, and the boy may have been wearing a cap on the book cover.

The kidnapped girl was, as far as I remember, not a close friend. She was a prominent person's daughter, and she may have been a bit older than the kids who found her. They heard of the case through the news, and I'm not sure how they actually got onto looking for her.

I feel like my info isn't helpful, but the more questions you asked then, the more I found myself nearly recalling. Feel like I'm doing a cognitive interview. Haha.

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 8 comments Haven't managed to recall any more information, anyone have any ideas, any leads?

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Courtney, please note the bump period for this large group is 30 days - or sooner if you remember more information.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Courtney, are you still looking for this or did you find it?