What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. book named Trapped, girl falls down crevice into underground cave, trapped for a day or two [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (last edited Feb 23, 2016 08:08PM) (new)

Courtney | 8 comments This book is called Trapped. But I cannot remember the author, and it's not the one by Michael Northrop. In the book, a young girl with a love of hiking defies her parents and goes out into the forest/woods. Pretty sure her dog goes too. She falls into a crevice and ends up trapped in a cave. I think she hurts her leg and can't climb back out. I don't remember what happened to the dog. She survives by collecting rain water that drips down in a plastic cup, and eating orange peels, which makes her really sick. She finds a little room in the cave off to the side, but it doesn't lead to a way out. She is found, I think only a day or two later.

The Trapped book was published pre-2007, most likely significantly earlier, because I read it from the school library when I was in primary school and I graduated from there in 2007.

The cover was dark, with the girl sitting in the left bottom corner looking up towards the opening through which she fell in. She was a young girl, possibly twelve, with short hair, very tomboyish.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Trapped by Judy Knox fits

Here is the Google Books link
https://books.google.com/books/about/...

message 3: by Bargle (last edited Feb 24, 2016 08:38AM) (new)

Bargle | 1212 comments Added the book to Goodreads.

Trapped

And here's a slightly different cover image.
https://pics.cdn.librarything.com/pic...

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (sscarllet) | 254 comments When I saw this book I thought that I must read it - but it is almost impossible to find!

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 8 comments That's it! Thank you!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Trapped (other topics)