Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Accident Season
This topic is about The Accident Season
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle → Start Date: March 17th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Clementine | 901 comments Join Chelsea, Drishti and me! :)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Really excited!! =)

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I cannot wait to finally read this. I have had this book in ebook format for some time from my library, but never opened it up to read.

Clementine | 901 comments Ahaha same, Chelsea! I bought the ebook when it came out and never opened it... :P

Clementine | 901 comments Are you ready to start tomorrow, Drishti? :)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Yep! It would be perfect! :)

Clementine | 901 comments Yeahh! Do you want to comment every 5 chapters or so? :)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Yeah. That is a good idea.

Clementine | 901 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Chapter 10: (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Chapter 15: (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments I finished it last night... How far are you? :)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "I finished it last night... How far are you? :)"

I'm still on chapter 4. Finals are going on so I'm literally crawling through this book. I'm so sorry for being this slow!

Clementine | 901 comments No problem! :) I'll be around if you want to discuss the book, later on. ^_^

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "No problem! :) I'll be around if you want to discuss the book, later on. ^_^"

Thank you so much!

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Sorry for being a month late! I'm the worst buddy reading partner ever! But I've finally got around to this book.

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "Chapter 5: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Chapter 5: I don't know if you felt this way too, but I really want to (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Yeah, the book could have definitely gone without the romance. (view spoiler)

Elsie: (view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "Yeah, the book could have definitely gone without the romance. [spoilers removed]

Elsie: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Alice: (view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "Alice: [spoilers removed]"

Okay, now I can't wait to read more. :D

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "Chapter 10: [spoilers removed]"

Oh, my God! That's an interesting theory! You had me staring at my laptop screen with my jaw dropped down for a second there! (view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Chapter 10: (view spoiler)

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments (moving this one to "in progress"
I hope that makes it easier to find :D)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Trisha wrote: "(moving this one to "in progress"
I hope that makes it easier to find :D)"

Thanks so much! :D

Clementine | 901 comments Funny that you'd mention those games, because I got a junevile vibe from the book... :P

Thanks, Trisha! :)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "Chapter 15: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Chapter 10: I felt like there was a continuity problem. (view spoiler) Do you remember this?

Clementine | 901 comments Yess! Thank you for addressing the Bea issue! (view spoiler)

Hmm, no I don't remember... But then again I didn't remember most of their names. Lol. This left no impression on me.

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "Yess! Thank you for addressing the Bea issue! [spoilers removed]

Hmm, no I don't remember... But then again I didn't remember most of their names. Lol. This left no impression on me."

Yeah, it would be so much better if the author would flat out clarify that Bea thing.

I felt like it was a major continuity issue. Made no sense to me. :\

Clementine | 901 comments It's the whole book that makes no sense...

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Clementine wrote: "It's the whole book that makes no sense..."

Lol! I understand what you're saying. XD

message 34: by Drishti (last edited Apr 30, 2016 02:47AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments I finished the book... I sort of have mixed feelings towards it. The problem is that 90% of the book was random weirdishness and just 10% made sense. But, on the other hand, I liked the lyrical touch to the author's writing style. But, then, there were the stupid relationships and clichèd horror additions. Overall, I felt that the book had an awesome premise but a poor execution.

About the ending: (view spoiler)

Clementine | 901 comments Yeah, that's it. :)