Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Memoirs of a Fighting Dog
This topic is about Memoirs of a Fighting Dog
Memoirs of a Fighting Dog, by Keisha Keenleyside

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) I am reading this for Week 6. Although this wasn't technically the highest rated book on my TBR list, it was pretty close to the top. This book was rated 4.55. Another reason I chose this book is because this is the only book by this author I have left. The first one I read last year, the second one I just finished for week 4, so I figured I might as well read her only other book she has out.

message 2: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3823 comments Mod
This one has an interesting premise but I'm not sure I could handle the subject matter. I think I would find it too depressing :(

But I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it!

Please remember to use to "Title, by Author" format when creating threads :)

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) It's hard to read parts, but it makes you wonder if that's how a dog really feels and what it really thinks. I wouldn't normally read things like this, but as I said I liked the authors other two books and wanted to read this.

If I ever found out about someone that did dog fighting in real life, believe me I'd be on the phone with cops in a heartbeat putting a stop to it.

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) Although it was hard to read some parts, it did a very good job of describing what it really is like in the world of dog fighting. This author did her research and covered it very well. She wrote this book in hopes of shining a light on this horrible "sport" in hopes he would help put an end to it.

I would not recommend this book if you hate reading about animal cruelty, but as I said, it is very informative and descriptive.