The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Spider's War (The Dagger and the Coin, #5)
This topic is about The Spider's War
The Dagger and Coin > TSW: General Discussion (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
So here I was reworking my schedule to be ready to start this on the 8th, but according to this site (https://www.recordedbooks.com/index.c...) the audio won't be out until the 18th. Boo!

Needless to say, I won't be able to create the sections for this. Can someone doing this in text make them?

Suzanne | 1582 comments Wow that is a long lag between audio and book. I'll be listening also. Gah unless I decide I don't want to wait.

message 3: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I cant do 4 books in audio in 1 in text..

Needless to say after all the previous delays, I'm pretty annoyed...

Bill | 1596 comments I am getting it from the library and usually have to wait a day after release for them to add the kindle option. If no one has set up the sections by then I will do it.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thanks Bill.

Nico (darkybald) | 19 comments Wow amazon already delivered mine on friday, but I read so many books currently :(

message 7: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Man..I have to wait until the 18th (assuming that's even the correct date) and you have your copy 10+ days early!?

Lindsay | 546 comments I'm happy to do the sections when I get my copy.

Scott M Sizer | 12 comments Ack...I got the weeks wrong. Woke up today and wondered why it wasn't on my Kindle already!

Now I have to wait one more week to see if these two crazy kids (Geder and Cithrin) can work it out and come out on top!

Geoff (geoffgreer) Can anyone who has read The Widow's House recently give me a quick recap of where things are at the end of the book? I read it when it came out (2014), its been awhile.

I remember that most of our heroes are in Carse and war is definitely on the horizon but past that, its very hazy.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments I was hoping for the same, Geoff. Might read the last couple chapters of the previous to try and refresh. Very excited for this

Lindsay | 546 comments If you go back and look at the TWH threads, I summarized each section of the book in those. I figured it would be a while before we got to the last one and that sort of summary would be a good catchup tool.

Geoff (geoffgreer) Thanks. That was fairly thorough.

It was a longer than normal delay since the last book because of the delays.

Teanka | 134 comments I'm waiting for the audio, too. I was afraid it would take even longer than till the 18th, so thanks for the info.

message 15: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teanka wrote: "I'm waiting for the audio, too. I was afraid it would take even longer than till the 18th, so thanks for the info."

Well, I don't swear by that date, until I see it for sale somewhere with it..

Teanka | 134 comments Of course, I understand. But anyway, it should be published quite soon.

message 17: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I sure hope so! How does this still happen? Audiobooks are a big deal these days..

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Nice, thanks Lindsay!

Suzanne | 1582 comments Thanks Lindsay - those recaps help a lot!

message 20: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ooh. Audiobook is on audible! At least in the US.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant...

message 21: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll be putting my current book on hold to start this tomorrow.

Suzanne | 1582 comments Woah it is? I just looked like 2 hours ago. Well nice. I just finished my audiobook too, so now I know what I can read next :)

message 23: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

I checked this morning. The only reason I knew was Twitter.

Lindsay | 546 comments I'm setting up the sections shortly, the breakdown is as follows:

Prologue
Marcus 1
Cithrin 1
Clara 1
Geder 1
Clara 2
Cithrin 2
Geder 2
Entr’acte: Borja
Marcus 2
Clara 3
Geder 3
Cithrin 3
Marcus 3
Clara 4
Cithrin 4
Entr’acte: Porte Oliva
Geder 4
Cithrin 5
Clara 5
Marcus 4
Geder 5
Marcus 5
Cithrin 6
Entr’acte: Nus
Clara 6
Marcus 6
Geder 6
Cithrin 7
Clara 7
Geder 7
Marcus 7
Entr’acte: The World
Marcus 8
Geder 8
Cithrin 8
Clara 8
Marcus 9
Geder 9
Cithrin 9
Entr’acte: The Dragon
Marcus 10
Cithrin 10
Clara 9
Epilogue: The Last Apostate

message 25: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Thanks Lindsay

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Starting today, very excited

Teanka | 134 comments Rob wrote: "Ooh. Audiobook is on audible! At least in the US.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant..."

Thanks, Rob. That was unexpected :). I just bought it and will start listening tomorrow.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments Thanks for the sections, Lindsay! What a pain in the ass, not having chapter numbers

Lindsay | 546 comments Yes, not sad that this is the last time I have to do that, but Excel and COUNTIF do make things easier.

Teanka | 134 comments Thanks Lindsay, it must be pretty hard to divide it up like that anyway. And I'm glad that I won't have to count in my head 'this is the 6th Marcus chapter, or is it the 7th'? lol. It was pretty OK when I read it on kindle, but when I switched to audio it proved nearly impossible :).

message 31: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teanka wrote: "Rob wrote: "Ooh. Audiobook is on audible! At least in the US.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fant..."

Thanks, Rob. That was unexpected :). I just bought it..."

Totally! I had resigned myself to the 18th at best..

message 32: by Lori (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lori | 63 comments I'm waiting for library copy to arrive. Still on order? Wah!!!

message 33: by Bill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bill | 1596 comments Got my library copy but trying to hold out a day or two to see if they get the kindle version. Once I download the epub I can't switch to Kindle.

Justine (justinescholefield) | 318 comments I'm starting tonight.