Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BOTM 2016: Suggestions > April 2016

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (last edited Mar 01, 2016 03:57PM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
We are asking all members to nominate books they wish to read that represent the Colours of the Rainbow in their title or cover. For example, I wish to nominate reading Room by Emma Donoghue . Once all nominations are in, a poll will be added for you to vote for which book you wish to read for April's Book of the Month. The top 2 books will be chosen.

You all have until 15th March to suggest a book of the month.

Note: Authors are not to nominate their own books and please do not repeat a book if it has been suggested already or if it has already been the book of the month previously. Thank you.

message 2: by Sylvia (new)

I nominate Room by Emma Donoghue

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
I have this one already Sylvia and haven't listened to it yet.

message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Tracy wrote: "I have this one already Sylvia and haven't listened to it yet."

Oh I've been hanging to read it

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 695 comments I have that one too Sylvia! I have so many books I will never get to. Arggg

message 6: by Sylvia (new)

Melissa wrote: "I have that one too Sylvia! I have so many books I will never get to. Arggg"

It's never ending.

message 7: by Tracy (new)

Melissa wrote: "I have that one too Sylvia! I have so many books I will never get to. Arggg"

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Maybe you will be able to read this one if it's voted in Melissa.

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Sylvia wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I have that one too Sylvia! I have so many books I will never get to. Arggg"

It's never ending."

You got that right.

message 9: by Claire (last edited Mar 01, 2016 11:39PM) (new)

Claire | 49 comments Don't know if it's been read yet but I nominate

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

message 10: by VJ (new)

VJ (goodreadscomveronica_joy) | 2 comments I nominate Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

message 11: by Sylvia (new)

I'm also nominating…

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows First & Then by Emma Mills I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson

message 12: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda LOL, Sylvia. I have been looking in my Kindle and elsewhere for "rainbow" books to nominate. This is a tough one!

message 13: by Sylvia (new)

MadameZelda wrote: "LOL, Sylvia. I have been looking in my Kindle and elsewhere for "rainbow" books to nominate. This is a tough one!"

I like the challenge of this :D I think it would be okay to nominate books with at least 2-3 shades on the cover, not just every colour in the rainbow. So if you can find any, please add them here.

message 14: by Sylvia (last edited Mar 01, 2016 03:55PM) (new)

Claire wrote: "Don't know if it's been read yet but I nominate Red Queen or Eleanor and park my cover title is red and blue or Red Rising sorry I don't know how to link the cover :("

Just click on "add book/author" which is at the top right hand corner of this box, then type in the book, scroll to the bottom and click "cover" then add the book.

Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

message 15: by Sylvia (new)

Also I nominate…
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray Taken (Taken, #1) by Erin Bowman

message 16: by Sylvia (new)

VJ wrote: "I nominate Carry On by Rainbow Rowell"

Unfortunately we won't be able to add this nomination to the poll as this book was just February's book of the month. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your suggestion.

message 17: by Claire (new)

Claire | 49 comments Sylvia wrote: "Claire wrote: "Don't know if it's been read yet but I nominate Red Queen or Eleanor and park my cover title is red and blue or Red Rising sorry I don't know how to link the cover :("

Just click on..."

Img thank you so much that's brilliant didn't even noticed that haha. Thanks again :)

message 18: by Claire (last edited Mar 01, 2016 11:49PM) (new)

Claire | 49 comments Also don't know if these will count but

Conquest (The Chronicles of the Invaders, #1) by John Connolly Bound (Bound Trilogy, #1) by Kate Sparkes

message 19: by Sylvia (new)

Claire wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Claire wrote: "Don't know if it's been read yet but I nominate Red Queen or Eleanor and park my cover title is red and blue or Red Rising sorry I don't know how to link the cover :("..."

You're so welcome :D

message 20: by Laura (last edited Mar 03, 2016 07:34PM) (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
Open Road Summer by Emery Lord
Unteachable by Leah Raeder
I've had these on my kindle since they released others have already been nominated

I agree with Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows such an amazing series Loved them <3

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura  (llbasaldua) | 789 comments Sylvia wrote: "I nominate Room by Emma Donoghue"

This was much better than I was expecting. I was expecting more "yuck " than is actually in the book ,Since its told from Jacks POV I guess it makes it a bitter more cheerful than than it actually it but it definitely has all the feels !!

message 22: by Sylvia (new)

Laura wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "I nominate Room by Emma Donoghue"

This was much better than I was expecting. I was expecting more "yuck " than is actually in the book ,Since its told from Jacks POV I guess it m..."

That's good to know :)

message 23: by Laura (new)

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather (cagalli1543) Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier

I want to suggest this book.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.