The Crow Crew discussion

Six of Crows (The books) > Crooked Kingdom Thoughts/Theories Game

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
This is a new activity I thought of. What will happen is someone will post a theory about the next book Crooked Kingdom, then everyone else will discuss that theory and add their thoughts, for example whether they think that will happen or how it will happen. We'll discuss each theory for a day, then someone else can post a new theory and it will start again. Some fun discussion to pump us up for Crooked Kingdom.

message 2: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
So to start off we'll make an easy theory.

Will Inej be rescued? How?

message 3: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Bailey | 6 comments I think Inej WILL be rescued, and I think that is going to be the main plot point of the book.

I think Kaz is going to come up with another one of his big schemes that only he knows every part of. I don't necessarily have specific thoughts about the plan itself, but I do believe it will end up with Kaz coming into Inej's cell or wherever she's staying, and him near killing her captor. But I think in the end she may stop that, whether it be because she wants to do the killing herself, or she wants to see Kaz change.

message 4: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (jabberwockyslayer) Yes. Without question.

I think Kaz will end up plotting some kind of insane reduce attempt to get her back, or if he's desperate, he'll make a deal with the devil

message 5: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
That's an interesting point about Inej stopping Kaz from killing the captor Gabby.

message 6: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Bailey | 6 comments Yeah, I feel like Inej may not want Kaz to kill her captors for one of two reasons...

A. She wants her revenge on those who have taken her, and will do the deed herself. But I think that may not be it, since before she was captured she had decided to go do something else with her life.

B. She wants to see Kaz change, to give him another chance to redeem himself for not being able to touch her. Maybe seeing if he cares enough to really listen or just goes about his plan with considering what she says

message 7: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Bailey | 6 comments *without considering what she says.

message 8: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Alright, we'll make a new theory now to make it more interesting.

New Theory:

Kaz will be captured - or basically face some sort of peril.

Thoughts?

message 9: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "Alright, we'll make a new theory now to make it more interesting.

New Theory:

Thoughts?"

My theory is Kaz will kiss Inej and the world will explode.

message 10: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Haha, yes definitely.

But regarding the theory (Luke... Haha) I think Kaz might be captured somehow, maybe protecting Inej. Perhaps by Pekka Rollins. We all heard what he said at the end of Six of Crows. If Jan Van Eck doesn't get rid of Kaz, he will - or will try to at least. Then maybe Inej and the crew will have to rescue him.

message 11: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Bailey | 6 comments I agree with you, Lexie. I believe it might be a trade-off of sorts. I feel the crew will rescue Inej, but while everyone is feeling good, Kaz might let his guard down, and get himself captured.

message 12: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Gabby wrote: "I agree with you, Lexie. I believe it might be a trade-off of sorts. I feel the crew will rescue Inej, but while everyone is feeling good, Kaz might let his guard down, and get himself captured."

And let his guard down…does that mean letting Inej kiss him???

message 13: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
@Luke Haha lol. Yeah probably.

message 14: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "@Luke Haha lol. Yeah probably."

Well, that's what I'm waiting for. All the other excitement, I'll enjoy that too. But come on! LoVe this ship! :D

message 15: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
True. Ha.

message 16: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
So if Kaz gets captured, by whom do you think it will be? And what might be done to him?

message 17: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "So if Kaz gets captured, by whom do you think it will be? And what might be done to him?"

I asked Leigh to give us a Tom Hardy-like gangster villain, so maybe him! :D

message 18: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Gosh you talked to Leigh?!

message 19: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "Gosh you talked to Leigh?!"

I've messaged her twice, once she posted a Tom Hardy gif and I commented and she responded, which is still on her home page, and another time I wished her a Merry Christmas and she wished me Merry Christmas back! Very kind of her, I know she's very busy. :D

message 20: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Wow.

message 21: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "Wow."

She's one of my true inspirations! I hope she knows just how much! :D

message 22: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Most definitely.

message 23: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Alright, how about a new topic? Here's a good one.

One of the crows (So Kaz, Inej, Jesper, Nina, Matthias or Wylan)) will get killed.

Thoughts?

message 24: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "Alright, how about a new topic? Here's a good one.

One of the crows (So Kaz, Inej, Jesper, Nina, Matthias or Wylan)) will get killed.

Thoughts?"

I think Wylan and I don't know why. Perhaps because he's the academic, and he'll do something very very brave for Jesper, like take a bullet. :'(

message 25: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (jabberwockyslayer) Definitely Wylan. He's the only one that can die and not really affect the plot (or so I believe). I mean he was useful, but he's not entirely irreplaceable.

message 26: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Rebekah wrote: "Definitely Wylan. He's the only one that can die and not really affect the plot (or so I believe). I mean he was useful, but he's not entirely irreplaceable."

I agree Rebekah, but shh! There are some crazy Wylan fans here! Don't talk to loud, you might disturb them to wrath! ;)

message 27: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
I kind of think it might be a possibility that Jesper might die. Not sure why.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Luke wrote: "Lexie wrote: "Alright, we'll make a new theory now to make it more interesting.

New Theory:

Thoughts?"

My theory is Kaz will kiss..."

YES IT WILL

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexie wrote: "I kind of think it might be a possibility that Jesper might die. Not sure why."

Yeah, I think if anybody's gonna die in Crooked Kingdom (pauses to cry for 6 hours) it'll be Jesper or Wylan. Idk.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexie wrote: "That's an interesting point about Inej stopping Kaz from killing the captor Gabby."

Who's Gabby?

message 31: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
I was talking to Gabby on this thread.

message 32: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
In case you didn't know guys, Crooked Kingdom is set to be released on the 22nd of September. So exciting!

Also I finally came up with a new theory - sorry been a bit busy lately. Anyway...

Do you think any significant new characters will come up in Six of Crows? Or will no new characters whatsoever be introduced?

message 33: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor NIKOLAI

message 34: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Oh my God Nikolai would be absolutely amazing! He is a lot like Kaz, just nicer. Imagine if they met!

message 35: by Sara (new)

Sara | 2 comments Luke wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "Definitely Wylan. He's the only one that can die and not really affect the plot (or so I believe). I mean he was useful, but he's not entirely irreplaceable."

I agree Rebekah, but shh! There are some crazy Wylan fans here! Don't talk to loud, you might disturb them to wrath! ;) "

You called? :) Just kidding! Anyway, I fear that that may be what happens also.

message 36: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Sara wrote: "Luke wrote: "Rebekah wrote: "Definitely Wylan. He's the only one that can die and not really affect the plot (or so I believe). I mean he was useful, but he's not entirely irreplaceable."

I agree ..."

There's also the not so small fact that he deals with explosives. :\

message 37: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
Oh god... :(

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

If Wylan dies, I'm never going to be able to listen to a Troye Sivan song without crying ever again. He just really reminds me of Wylan

message 39: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
4 months and 12 days until Crooked Kingdom comes out people. I'm definitely gonna reread Six of Crows before it comes out. Is anyone else?

message 40: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor I am for sure!! :D

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Same!

message 42: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Analeese Evil wrote: "Same!"

Well then we of THE CROW CLUB should pick a date in the late summer and be all epic and re-read together. :D

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

That is an amazing idea!!!!!!!!

message 44: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Analeese Evil wrote: "That is an amazing idea!!!!!!!!"

We'll see what Lexie says but yes, we should all pick a date. We should even tell Leigh. Maybe we could have the date be bigger than THE CROW CLUB. It could be an international SoC day. :D

message 45: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
I agree that's a great idea. (Confused me for a sec though cuz that time will be early spring for me haha). Definitely something we should do!

message 46: by Luke (last edited May 15, 2016 01:51AM) (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "I agree that's a great idea. (Confused me for a sec though cuz that time will be early spring for me haha). Definitely something we should do!"

We should all just decide on a date that would coincide with the release of Crooked Kingdom so that we only had to wait a week or two to read it. So…how long do you think it would take to read the book at a reasonable, enjoyable pace? Maybe should we do two weeks? Three? A month? Depending on the time, we need to pace it just right. But late summer is good because there's no schooling. Maybe the month of August?

We'll see what works for everyone. But if enough people do it, then more people will get on board and we'll have something EPIC. :D

message 47: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
I agree. I think about three weeks before will be perfect timing. But people can start it later if they think they'll read it a lot quicker, so people can sort of set their own pace. Either way you can make sure you don't have to wait too long for Crooked Kingdom.

message 48: by Luke (new)

Luke Taylor Lexie wrote: "I agree. I think about three weeks before will be perfect timing. But people can start it later if they think they'll read it a lot quicker, so people can sort of set their own pace. Either way you..."

True.

Well, hopefully we can get all THE CROW CREW on board. We'll start there. Hopefully others will join. :D

message 49: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
I'll put an announcement up.

message 50: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 247 comments Mod
I feel the same way Mae. I know I just want to see Kaz finally show his love for Inej, to finally reveal all those things he felt in his thoughts. Seeing him thinking it but not doing it was just torturous. We need the next book now!

« previous 1