Clockwork Readers discussion

Scarlet!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments Hi guys, thought I'd kick off this discussion group in anticipation of Scarlet!

Sarah (knightofstories) (knightofstories11) | 18 comments Yay! !! I can't wait to continue with the Lunar Chronicles!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Same thoughts here!

steph // bookplaits (bookplaits) | 13 comments Yay! I've ordered my copy. Hopefully I like it better than Cinder, hehe.

Asma (oasisgirlmd) | 38 comments Mod
@bookplaits I feel exactly the same way

Vy (thelibrocubicularist) (thelibrocubicularistig) | 10 comments I read it straight after Cinder, so I'll get Winter instead for this month. But definitely up for discussion after, going to be interesting to hear your thoughts ^^

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 8 comments I just finished this last night. I can't wait to see what everyone thinks!!!

Jenny, Vy, what did you think of Scarlet compared to Cinder? do you think we'll enjoy it more?

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (asongofpagesandwords) | 20 comments I've already read the rest of the Lunar Chronicles but I'll be more than happy to join in the conversation!

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 8 comments I liked it, but I loved Cinder lol
I really enjoyed the characters, and there's more action compared to Cinder.

Vy (thelibrocubicularist) (thelibrocubicularistig) | 10 comments Asma - I actually thought it was a bit slower, although there was more action (does that even make sense?). But I liked the new characters, especially Thorne, and it was less predictable than Cinder. So in that aspect I enjoyed it more. And I think Cress is better than both :)

message 12: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 8 comments Yes, Thorne is hilarious!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (asongofpagesandwords) | 20 comments I agree with Vy I found Scarlet slower but Thorne was great and I didn't have the same issue of guessing the major plot twist in the beginning which was nice, Cress and Winter are by far my favourite books in the series though and in my opinion it's worth sticking it out through the first two books

something tells me I'm not going to be very enthusiastic about this book!! :-/

message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments Aw Asma, you never know you might live it, I'm looking forward to getting back to see what cinder is up to and meeting some new characters

message 16: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments *love

hope so Marie. I am curious to see where the story goes.

message 18: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (thegraduatedbookworm) | 7 comments I love how we aren't even in March yet so excited to already be commenting!! I'm so ready to read what happens!

message 19: by Inger (new)

Inger Uppvall (ingeruppvall) | 1 comments I'm starting Cress, had to read Scarlett right after Cinder. I really liked the books, but it feels like it takes a few chapters to get in to the new characters. Didn't know that Cinder wasn't going to be the main person in this one, was a bit surprised. But for Cress I'm ready for it.
And Captain Thorne is an awesome character :)

Sarah (knightofstories) (knightofstories11) | 18 comments I actually liked Scarlet more than Cinder. Especially the new characters! !!

message 21: by VJ (new)

VJ  Stock (floralsndragons) | 7 comments I need to pick up my Scarlet asap!

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments I still have to read Cinder first... My copies of Cinder and Scarlet are both on their way and I should get them in the mail soon, so then I'll be able to start!

message 23: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments I've only read 2 chapters & already I love it!

message 24: by Demmi (new)

Demmi (demmiwritist) | 1 comments Hey everyone! Just joined this group! So excited to meet you all! I've already read both Scarlet and Cress but I'd love to participate in the conversation! I also found Scarlet a bit slower than Cinder but I enjoyed it just the same and I loved the new characters, especially Thorne and Wolf!

hi Demmi! thanks for joining us!! I'm really looking forward to seeing where the story goes as far as Scarlet is concerned. I've only read 3 chapters so far, too soon to say what I think !

message 26: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments I'm on chapter 20 & I really like the new characters, Thorne is so funny & s wee bit in love with wolf!

Xiomy's Book Tales (xiomysbooktales) | 8 comments I really need to pick up the pace reading this book! I do hope it's better than Cinder I enjoyed it but wasn't my favorite. Fingers crossed.

same here. Cinder didn't live up to its hype at all.

message 29: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments Scarlet is so much better than Cinder

Yeah it is, Marie. I feel like the story is progressing naturally. Cinder just seemed way to contrived and fake.

message 31: by aayo (new)

aayo (asreadsbooks) Hi Demmi! :D

I'm absolutely loving Scarlet and I'm only on chapter 5! Thorne is hilarious and I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with Wolf! Hahaha xP

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm back with my new account - long story - and reading Scarlet, still havent finished P&P yet

message 33: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments This story does seem to flow a lot better than Cinder. Welcome back Caroline!

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I like scarlet as much as I liked cinder - but absolutely adore cap thorne

message 36: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments so has everyone finished yet?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I havent

message 38: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 2 comments I finished! And then proceeded to finish Cress as well and start Winter... Lol oops. Looking forward to discussing Scarlet!

I haven't finished it. I'm not really enjoying the Lunar Chronicles all that much, to be honest. I think that's the reason it's taking me so long to finish. sorry guys!

message 40: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments That's a shame Asma, I really like them! you're more of a classics girl! I can't wait to read on Rachel

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm taking it for my car-ride this evening

message 42: by Rima (new)

Rima (pardonmywritings) | 9 comments I'm on part 3 and loving it so so much. I'm still ill but reading scarlet has kept me alive. I love wolf and scarlet. I'm finding it hard to predict the story so that's good! And Asma, you're totally a classics girl and that's good!

message 43: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Haustveit | 1 comments The beginning of Scarlet was slower than Cinder, but I felt like it picked up towards the end. Granted I feel like the ending was quick to close. Good thing there is a sequel. Let me know what you think about the end of Scarlet for those who have finished. Did you feel as though it climaxed at the end and then ended quickly???

message 44: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments Now that you say that Ariel I thinking agree, it did end very quickly.

I think I'm not going to continue with this book or the series

I found the book boring and very tedious.

I dragged myself through Cinder, but frankly speaking, I can't take much more of it

I'll just read something else and looking forward to our classics read for next month!

message 46: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments We'd all be very boring if we liked the same thing Asma, I have felt like that about plenty of books, I'm sure you'll enjoy April much more

I think so too Marie! nothing like a children's classic to cheer one up!

message 48: by VJ (new)

VJ  Stock (floralsndragons) | 7 comments I was actually in love with Scarlett more than Cinder. I mean both were incredible but I was drawn to this one for sure.

steph // bookplaits (bookplaits) | 13 comments I agree - I loved the characters a lot more in Scarlet!

message 50: by Marie (new)

Marie (marielee1982) | 42 comments I thought Kai was great in Cinder but Thorne and Wolf were so much better!

« previous 1