Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > New Adult Epic Fantasy Book #1 166,000 words

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen (kivrin) | 70 comments Setting:

Ellendale is the capital of Oferon, an island continent ruled by the elite clans:

Sindari Warriors
Philomen Scribes and Healers
Swindling Spies and Assassins
Chalakon Makers and Smiths
Preapuxia Prophets and Judges
Iharis Witches

Brief Synopsis:

Over 80 years ago the capital of Oferon was closed off from the continent by an impenetrable barrier whose origin was not known but at last the Sundering has ended. The elite clans of Oferon are hastening back to Ellendale for the trials and election of a new king.

Rowan, an elite Sindari, has been travelling through Oferon and to the outer islands for the last seven years trying to shut out a painful event from his past. He is called to stand trial to become the Sindari candidate for the All-Throne.

Arryk, a Philomen scribe and healer, has traveled with Rowan for years to look after his physical and emotional well being. With them are nine other men, friends, cousins, and warriors, dedicated to helping Rowan get to Ellendale in time for the trials.

Brynd, a Swindling thief, gets by in life doing odd jobs until he is caught by Rowan and Arryk, who need him to lead the company through the desert wastes of the Deadvault to get to Ellendale in time for the election.

Kivrin is a young woman in hiding who is going back to the place she had originally run away from, hoping to find answers and a place she can call home.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to consider:
• The story has humor, action, sex, violence, and romance. The violence/sex rating probably falls in somewhere between PG-13 and R, hence the New Adult genre.
• If it were earth the setting is loosely based on the 17th century, when firearms began to see regular use but metal arms and armor were still being employed.
• This is the first book in what is planned to be three novels, which are at this point are each more than halfway written.
• The book is divided into three parts. I don’t have a specific deadline but would like to get feedback within three weeks for the entire book once sent.
• I would love to get perspectives from both men and women on how this story works for them.
• I am seeking the advice of readers who have a love of the genre and are able to politely tell me what I can do to make this story better in terms of characterization, plot development, and dialogue.
• Now that I am done with draft 1 I can do some swapping with another author seeking a beta reader.

If you decide to read my draft I hope you enjoy your time in Oferon with these characters as much as I do!

ReadWriteLove28 | 164 comments Hi! Your novel sounds interesting and I would be glad to discuss beta reading for you. For more information on my beta reading services, please look at the information on my blog and contact me through there.

http://readwritelove28.com/beta-readi...

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you,
Nori

message 3: by Rufus »♥« (new)

Rufus »♥« (paperbackparamour) | 1 comments This sounds like a great novel! I love adult fantasy novels and would love to help edit your work. My turnaround time is about a week. Please email me at mythodicalreadr@gmail.com if you are interested.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (kivrin) | 70 comments Ruthie wrote: "This sounds like a great novel! I love adult fantasy novels and would love to help edit your work. My turnaround time is about a week. Please email me at mythodicalreadr@gmail.com if you are intere..."

Great! I sent you an email.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (kivrin) | 70 comments ReadWriteLove28 wrote: "Hi! Your novel sounds interesting and I would be glad to discuss beta reading for you. For more information on my beta reading services, please look at the information on my blog and contact me thr..."

Nori - I'm not in the position to pay anyone at the moment, but I will look you up if I do decide to go that route. You have some great testimonials for your work!

ReadWriteLove28 | 164 comments Karen wrote: "ReadWriteLove28 wrote: "Hi! Your novel sounds interesting and I would be glad to discuss beta reading for you. For more information on my beta reading services, please look at the information on my..."

Hi Karen! I completely understand and wish you the best of luck with editing. :) I hope to hear from you in the future!