Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Book of the Month 2016 > March BOTM (New to You): Throne of Glass

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Poll 1's Book of the Month winner is Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas by Sarah J. Maas. This book is epic and fantastical, and has such a bad-ass protagonist. I am completely floored by how outstanding the characters are and how easily it is to become addicted with a series. I was drawn in instantly. If you haven't started this series yet, I suggest reading The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas first. This is a collection of novella's that provide a complete backstory to Celaena, as well as drawing you into her world. It's probably the only compilation of prequel novella's that have you hooked and invested before you even get into the saga.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Thank you for that! I've been curious for so long about which one to read first. Thanks :)

Maddison wrote: "Thank you for that! I've been curious for so long about which one to read first. Thanks :)"

Glad to have cleared that up for you :D look forward to hearing your thoughts about the books.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments You shall :)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Is this a topic for just Throne of Glass? Or shall I talk about Assassin's Blade here too?

Maddison wrote: "Is this a topic for just Throne of Glass? Or shall I talk about Assassin's Blade here too?"

I would think it would be okay to discuss Assassin's Blade too but maybe add things under spoiler for those who haven't read it.

MadameZelda What? Another Sarah Maas? This is great, a way to get me reading books I've put on the back burner!

Thanks for the rec on Assassin's Blade. I'll get it.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Yeah of course I'll spoiler it!

MadameZelda wrote: "What? Another Sarah Maas? This is great, a way to get me reading books I've put on the back burner!

Thanks for the rec on Assassin's Blade. I'll get it."

It's awesome dedicating March to reading books by Sarah J. Maas. I'm currently reading Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) and I'm addicted. Can't wait to read the rest of the series so I can finally be caught up with everyone else lol

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Hope you guys live this as much as I do.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments I completely agree with Sylvia about reading Assassin's blade first, they are some awesome short stories that really set the tone/backstory for Throne of Glass. And I also agree that this series is SO GOOD! I just finished The Shadow Queen (the 4th book) and can't wait for the next book!

ENJOY everyone :)

message 12: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 27 comments I love this series I just finished Shadow Queen and still have the Assassins Blade to read but I am hooked!

David wrote: "I completely agree with Sylvia about reading Assassin's blade first, they are some awesome short stories that really set the tone/backstory for Throne of Glass. And I also agree that this series is..."

The Assassin's Blade really sets the tone for the series :D

I have this one loaded on my phone and going to start it tuesday. I'm going to try to finish up the one I have now so that I will be able to start on the first!

Islam Ahmed (islamahmed0904) | 268 comments OMG this is great! I just bought the Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, and Heir of Fire, so I'm going to be reading along.

Tracy wrote: "I have this one loaded on my phone and going to start it tuesday. I'm going to try to finish up the one I have now so that I will be able to start on the first!"

You'll love it, Tracy.

Islam Ahmed wrote: "OMG this is great! I just bought the Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, and Heir of Fire, so I'm going to be reading along."

Excellent :D

Emmaleah | 1 comments I love this book series so much!! I just purchased Assassins Blade yesterday and cannot wait till September for number 5!

Taylor Miner | 62 comments Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good.

Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the entire collection of novella's in one book The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5) by Sarah J. Maas

message 21: by Jack (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jack Chaucer (httpgoodreadscomjack_chaucer) | 2 comments I just finished Throne of Glass last week. Great characters and very well written. It's a pretty quick read, especially as things unfold. The magical stuff is kind of weird and it's pretty hard to believe Calaena is such a feared assassin as a teen, but overall I'd recommend it.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1269 comments Jack wrote: "I just finished Throne of Glass last week. Great characters and very well written. It's a pretty quick read, especially as things unfold. The magical stuff is kind of weird and it's pretty hard to ..."

Awesome :) Just wait, Calaena's past will take shape as the series goes on, explaining a lot :)

MadameZelda Sylvia wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the entire collection of novella's in one book [bookcover:The Assassin's ..."

I am having difficulty getting through the first novella. I assuming the novellas came after book 1, as an afterthought maybe? That perhaps I can get back to those novellas AFTER I read book 1?

MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the entire collection of novella's in one book [bookcover:..."

The entire set of novella's happen before Throne of Glass and I read them first before ToG and had so much a better insight to Celaena and to the backstory of where we meet her in ToG. I suggest sticking with the novella's if you can but if not, it's no biggy I guess :)

MadameZelda Sylvia wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the entire collection of novella's in ..."

LOL, so sorry! I did not explain. The author wrote the novellas after Book 1, two years later. So there must have been those who read book 1 first and the novellas later.

I really loved A Court of Thorns and Roses which I just finished. The Blade's Assassin (Throne of Glass series) doesn't have the same attraction for me I suppose is what I'm saying.

MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the entire collection o..."

Oh okay lol I get it now. Yep, she did write the novella's after ToG. I'm wondering if you would of felt this way, had you read ACOTAR after ToG series? I'll have to read ACOTAR and see for myself I guess.

MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the entire collection o..."

I haven't read the novellas MadameZelda and love the series.

MadameZelda Sylvia wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the..."

That is true too!

MadameZelda Tracy wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Taylor wrote: "Now i regret just buying the main books, without the novellas. the novellas sound really good."

You can buy the..."

Appreciate your comment! I might read a few chapters of book 1.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Okay I'll be starting this book probably this weekend. Not going to read Assassin's Blade first as I'm counting Throne of Glass for a challenge. But seeing as no one's posting their thoughts as they read through, I won't either.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Changed my mind. I need to post my thoughts in order for it to count in one of my challenges, so I'll be posting my thoughts as I go. Is that okay?

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Up to Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Maddison wrote: "Up to Chapter 4 [spoilers removed]"

You'll find that Celaena (view spoiler)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Hoping to have this book finished tomorrow or the next day. I plan on having a reading day :p I've been meaning to read this for aaaaages.

Up to Chapter 7 now.

Hope your enjoying it Maddison.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Yeah it's not too bad. Only at Chapter 8 which is annoying.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Maddison wrote: "Chapter 11 [spoilers removed]"

I can see why it might have.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments It's good though! Glad to be finally reading it even though it's the end of the month xD

Maddison wrote: "It's good though! Glad to be finally reading it even though it's the end of the month xD"

That's totally okay :D as long as you are enjoying the read

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments I am :)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Up to Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Celaena throwing up after a run is kind of normal when exerting yourself. I've seen my hubby do it a few times…makes him feel so much better.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Ah right, I don't know how you could do it though. How do you push yourself that hard?

Chapter 25 now (view spoiler)

Maddison wrote: "Ah right, I don't know how you could do it though. How do you push yourself that hard?

Chapter 25 now [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, neither do I…I rather stroll then exert lol

I'm more into the bad boys ;)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments I mean, I'd like being able to 'unlock' a bad boy, but having the open affection of a guy is nice.

Maddison wrote: "I mean, I'd like being able to 'unlock' a bad boy, but having the open affection of a guy is nice."

Yeah, a bit of both would be a dream :D

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Haha yeahp. I like guys who open up and show their vulnerabilities.

Maddison wrote: "Haha yeahp. I like guys who open up and show their vulnerabilities."

Definitely a rare thing indeed

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Yeah. One of the reasons I love my boyfriend :)

« previous 1

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Throne of Glass (other topics)
The Assassin's Blade (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah J. Maas (other topics)