Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Hap & Leonard

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments -- "Hap and Leonard': TV Review from "The Hollywood Reporter"

12:00 PM PST 2/23/2016

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/revi...

message 2: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Anybody watch? Is it true to the books?

message 3: by Char (new)

Char  | 13725 comments Mod
There's only been two episodes so far, and while I've read the short story collection about them and I'm now reading the latest book about them, I haven't read the first one, so I can't say.
I do like the vibe of the show so far, I can say that.

message 4: by Char (new)

Whew, just read the review. I'm glad it's good because I really want the show to succeed.
I agree with them that the guy who plays Leonard is unbelievably good. (He played Chalky White on Boardwalk Empire and I loved him then too.)
Purefoy, the guy who plays Hap, isn't quite as great, but still good.

message 5: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I finally found a minute to read the review and it sounds like they've done a good job with the crazy source material, I hope to catch up with the episodes this weekend.

message 6: by Char (new)

Bark's Book Nonsense wrote: "I finally found a minute to read the review and it sounds like they've done a good job with the crazy source material, I hope to catch up with the episodes this weekend."

I'd love to hear what you think, if you do.

Jen (LOHF/Book Den)  (delphyne) | 69 comments I don't know the TV schedule, but the third episode was posted online today. I'm loving it! I'm not a fan of Angel's character so far, though. She's too over the top too soon.

message 8: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments -- With three episodes done, I am really enjoying the series, They have captured the essence of both Hap and Leonard, so cudo's to the producers, the best series since "Justified" . --

message 9: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments -- Watch the first three episodes for free here --

http://www.sundance.tv/watch-now/hap-...

message 10: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1416 comments I've been watching it. Haven't ever read the books, but they're on my want list now. I'm really digging the show, it's had me laughing, and like, whoa! at different parts. Liking it a lot, hope it continues on. I like James Purefoy, and Christina Hendricks is awesome. Actually got an email promo about this show from the MadMen emails AMC used to send out, lol, and she was why I tried this show out :)

message 11: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments Kit★ wrote: "I've been watching it. Haven't ever read the books, but they're on my want list now. I'm really digging the show, it's had me laughing, and like, whoa! at different parts. Liking it a lot, hope it ..."

-- Yes , - They did a good job with the series. --

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6833 comments I haven't heard of this one! I like the cast, maybe it's available On Demand.

message 13: by Char (last edited Mar 15, 2016 07:31AM) (new)

The cast, at least to me, could not be better! The 3 leads are just perfect and I especially enjoy the guy who plays Leonard. (I understand he used to be on "The Wire", but I know him from "Boardwalk Empire". He's phenomenal.)

message 14: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments I loved it. Zero complaints (can you believe that, Char?!). I think they've captured the feel of the books extremely well. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

message 15: by Char (new)

Erin wrote: "I haven't heard of this one! I like the cast, maybe it's available On Demand."

I believe you can watch the first 3 online now, Erin:
http://www.sundance.tv/watch-now/hap-...

message 16: by Char (new)

Bark's Book Nonsense wrote: "I loved it. Zero complaints (can you believe that, Char?!). I think they've captured the feel of the books extremely well. I can't wait to see where it goes from here."

Glad to hear it, Bark! I find myself looking forward to watching it on Weds. nights.

message 17: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6833 comments Charlene wrote: "Erin wrote: "I haven't heard of this one! I like the cast, maybe it's available On Demand."

I believe you can watch the first 3 online now, Erin:
http://www.sundance.tv/watch-now/hap-......"

Thanks!

message 18: by Karl (new)

Karl | 803 comments -- They have now added episode 4 on the site --