Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
This topic is about A Court of Thorns and Roses
Book of the Month 2016 > March BOTM (New to You): A Court of Thorns and Roses

Comments Showing 1-50 of 107 (107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Poll 2's Book of the Month winner is A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas by Sarah J. Maas. I'm so excited to read this book and can't wait to discuss it with you all. So grab your copy and lets get reading.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments I would read this with you but I doubt my copy will be available.

Maddison wrote: "I would read this with you but I doubt my copy will be available."

We aren't starting until March so hopefully it will be available then :D

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Yeah but I'm still not sure if it'll be available then :p

Maddison wrote: "Yeah but I'm still not sure if it'll be available then :p"

Fingers crossed you will get to have it sooner than you hope :D

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Yeah. Also then depends whether I can read it and don't have other books to prioritise. This is like the first time I've included myself in group BOTM's.

message 7: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 27 comments I have wanted to read this book for awhile. I have it ready to go starting in March! Excited to chat about it.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Me too.

Maddison wrote: "Yeah. Also then depends whether I can read it and don't have other books to prioritise. This is like the first time I've included myself in group BOTM's."

Always difficult to prioritise. You can only try and know we are here when you wish to join :D

Brandy wrote: "I have wanted to read this book for awhile. I have it ready to go starting in March! Excited to chat about it."

Me too.

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 75 comments Yeah exactly :) Thanks.

MadameZelda Hooray! Finally, a book I can join and read with you ladies! (For instance, the 5th Wave, I am number 47 in line at the library, down from No. 68 in line.)

I lucked out on A Court of Thorns and Roses which was $1.99 (flash sale) on Amazon on February 7.

MadameZelda wrote: "Hooray! Finally, a book I can join and read with you ladies! (For instance, the 5th Wave, I am number 47 in line at the library, down from No. 68 in line.)

I lucked out on [book:A Court of Thorns..."

Fantastic :D

✮ яιss (starslinger) | 59 comments Yay!!

Farren (mmmcookies) This book is so awesome guys, I think you will all love it! I can't wait for the second one

Farren wrote: "This book is so awesome guys, I think you will all love it! I can't wait for the second one"

I'm so eager :D just working my way through Throne of Glass series first which I hope to be done by at least the beginning of March and then it's straight onto this one.

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Good time for me to start this one.

MadameZelda wrote: "Hooray! Finally, a book I can join and read with you ladies! (For instance, the 5th Wave, I am number 47 in line at the library, down from No. 68 in line.)

I lucked out on [book:A Court of Thorns..."

I have actually made it to 5th in line for 5th Wave.

I just went on audible and got a copy. There was a huge line at the library and i know it wouldn't be ready come March.

Tracy wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Hooray! Finally, a book I can join and read with you ladies! (For instance, the 5th Wave, I am number 47 in line at the library, down from No. 68 in line.)

I lucked out on [bo..."

Give me a shout when you get it

Tracy wrote: "I just went on audible and got a copy. There was a huge line at the library and i know it wouldn't be ready come March."

YAY!!

Savanna Rodriguez (onceuponatimer8) | 2 comments I already read it a couple weeks ago. But I loved it so much, I am going to read it again.

message 23: by Bree (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bree (breeshan) | 2 comments I love this story:)

message 24: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 27 comments Tracy wrote: "I just went on audible and got a copy. There was a huge line at the library and i know it wouldn't be ready come March."

Tracy, I will do the audio too. Hope the narrator is good

I'm starting this as soon as I finish Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas …I can't wait. Maas is simply a brilliant storyteller.

Savanna wrote: "I already read it a couple weeks ago. But I loved it so much, I am going to read it again."

Fantastic.

message 27: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia I loved this one by Ms. Maas. I even liked it better than Queen of Shadows.

MadameZelda I finished it! This author has a way with words. Her use of adjectives bring out the world building to a all-time high.

Brandy wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I just went on audible and got a copy. There was a huge line at the library and i know it wouldn't be ready come March."

Tracy, I will do the audio too. Hope the narrator is good"

Do you like the narrator Brandy? I find that she isn't bad but the whole thing is kind of slow so I speed it up.

I stopped this one because Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs came out and I love Mercy. Hope to get back to it tomorrow. I'm still in the beginning of the story however I didn't realize that this was a retelling of beauty and the beast. Or is that just at the beginning?

I'm back to this now that I have finished Fire Touched.

Tracy wrote: "I'm back to this now that I have finished Fire Touched."

I need to start this too.

Sylvia wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I'm back to this now that I have finished Fire Touched."

I need to start this too."

It's not bad Sylvia.

Is anyone else reading this? What are your thoughts? Is it supposed to be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast?

MadameZelda Tracy wrote: "Is anyone else reading this? What are your thoughts? Is it supposed to be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast?"

I have finished it. Regarding Beauty and the Beast, loosely for about a third of the way. Then the book goes on its own power and is totally different.

MadameZelda wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Is anyone else reading this? What are your thoughts? Is it supposed to be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast?"

I have finished it. Regarding Beauty and the Beast, loosely for about ..."

Did you like it MadameZelda? It seems to be OK so far (at the halfway mark) but it isn't really a powerful book, IMO.

MadameZelda Tracy wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Is anyone else reading this? What are your thoughts? Is it supposed to be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast?"

I have finished it. Regarding Beauty and the Beast..."

I did like it! It builds up slowly; and at a certain point, I couldn't put it down. I love how the author "paints" the scenes; I find her use of adjectives as delicious. There's surprises that make me stop; think back on what I read to reassess; and then continue on.

Farren (mmmcookies) I didn't like this book in the beginning (probably because Tamlin was so boring) but I was in love by the end. The turning point for me was probably where Rhys came into the picture and getting to know Lucien more.

MadameZelda wrote: "Tracy wrote: "MadameZelda wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Is anyone else reading this? What are your thoughts? Is it supposed to be a retelling of Beauty and the Beast?"

I have finished it. Regarding Beauty..."

Good to know MadameZelda. I do love Maas writing style.

Farren wrote: "I didn't like this book in the beginning (probably because Tamlin was so boring) but I was in love by the end. The turning point for me was probably where Rhys came into the picture and getting to ..."

That's where I'm at now Farren. Rhys has just shown up. I guess he causes them problems?

MadameZelda Oh, yeah, Rhys appears and all hell breaks loose!

Nancy Tran | 3 comments I am reading it now and liking it very much.

MadameZelda wrote: "Oh, yeah, Rhys appears and all hell breaks loose!"

Yes it does but haven't heard much from him since he got all the crap started. It's getting pretty good now. I think I'm at chapter 35

Nancy wrote: "I am reading it now and liking it very much."

I am to Nancy.

Farren (mmmcookies) If you define being a sexy character as causing problems then yes, he sure does lol

MadameZelda Read on! I find Rhys (without giving anything away) fascinating.

Really MadameZelda cause I'm kind of mad at him right now.

message 48: by Bree (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bree (breeshan) | 2 comments Tracy wrote: "Really MadameZelda cause I'm kind of mad at him right now."

Why are you mad at Rhys, Tracy?

Bree wrote: "Tracy wrote: "Really MadameZelda cause I'm kind of mad at him right now."

Why are you mad at Rhys, Tracy?"

Because I thought he was the one that (view spoiler)

I think I'm getting to the good parts. Is there going to be a second book to this? I am on chapter 40 and I don't see how it could end completely with just 6 chapters but maybe it can.

« previous 1 3