Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author bio update

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen (whosemuse) | 9 comments Greetings, can we please update the author bio for Jane Nickerson? According to her website, "After five great years living in Ontario, Canada, Jane and her husband have returned to Aberdeen where they live in a lovely little old house that is a television star." Goodreads' bio still states that the author is currently living in Ontario. Thanks!

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Jane Nickerson is a Goodreads Author and responsible for her own data. Librarians cannot edit a GR Author profile.

message 3: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Only the Author can fix that since it is a GR Author Profile.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen (whosemuse) | 9 comments Yes. I saw that too, and the popup said to submit the change to the Librarians Group. So that's what I've done. Forgive me, I've never done this before. Is there another place I should make the request?

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Unless you want to contact the author, no.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Karen wrote: "Yes. I saw that too, and the popup said to submit the change to the Librarians Group."

That's a stupid popup, because there is nothing librarians can do about it :)

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (whosemuse) | 9 comments I just messaged the author. Maybe she'll get around to updating it herself :)