Play Book Tag discussion

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
This topic is about Stiff
Archive: Other Books > Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by annapi (last edited Feb 23, 2016 02:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

annapi | 4916 comments At long last, I finished this book! For some reason, I found it just could not hold my attention and I kept putting it down. It's not the subject matter, I have never been affected by gross stuff, but this was not as humorous as Bonk, which I breezed through quickly. I found the content fascinating, but somehow could never get in the right mood for it. After my long struggle (I started this on October 25, 2012) I'm finally done, and it was worth the read. The title tells you everything you need to know about the book, and if you're the type who can stomach reading about what happens to our bodies after death, this is highly recommended.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5645 comments I sort of had the opposite reaction ... I read THIS one first and breezed through it. Then I picked up Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex ... and it seemed to drag for me.