Insomnia Book Club discussion

Books of the Month > March 2016

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

Jennifer | 1553 comments Mod
March's books of the month

Bitter Bite (Elemental Assassin, #14) by Jennifer Estep Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9) by Patricia Briggs

Bitter Bite by Jennifer Estep & Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs

Comments? Thoughts?

message 2: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments You already know which one I'm going for sis. ;) Though gotta say that the Briggs cover is looking pretty good.

message 3: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

haha yeah XD. and it does XD. it used to be my display pic on kik. im gonna read fire touch. LOL looks like we got both sides covered -dead-

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie | 189 comments I finished Bitter Bite a while ago, and have 105 pages left in Fire Touched. I'm all kinds of participating this month!! Go me!!

message 5: by Dhfan4life (new)

Dhfan4life | 1051 comments *High fives* Angie. In a way I am too. Have the Beast lined up as well for when it comes out. And I've already emailed ya about Bitter Bite. ;)

message 6: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

haha thats awesome wtg angie XD. without giving spoilers away is fire touched as good as the last book Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs ?

message 7: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

only two more books left in the mercyverse e.e really hate to see it end

message 8: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

YAY! the book price is coming down a lot so far for fire touched :D might be able to get it soon then -hops-

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie | 189 comments I supposedly only have a few minutes left in the book, 15 at the most. If you look at the table of contents and see there's not that many chapters, don't think it'll be over quick, most chapters really do take 30 minutes or longer and the last one was almost an hour. And truthfully I don't think it's quite as good as the last one. It's still good, just not quite as good as that. Which is like saying diamonds are not quite as good as platinum. (Which personally I'm a sterling silver and whatever gemstone kinda girl myself, if I wear jewelry at all.)

Now when you say two left in the Mercyverse, does that include Alpha and Omega? Whose characters were mentioned several times throughout Fire Touched. Oh! And which format of Fire Touched were you talking about coming down? I know the kindle version was the same price when I just checked as when I bought it. And someone started a forum thing on the Amazon page for Fire Touched about the price of ebooks, which of course turned into people just going off on each other, but someone made a comment about how much they've gone up recently and blah blah blah. But seriously, Briggs books went up $3 in a year for the ebook new releases. I paid $10.99 last year when Night Broken came out, and $13.99 for Fire Touched. In one year. Same author, same format, assumedly same publisher, same vendor. So yeah, they really are going up for no apparent reason other than to piss me off.

message 10: by Jennifer, Bookworm (new)

dang. LOL as long as its good thats all that matters haha. same here.

theres two left in mercy thompson and one left in alpha and omega and then theres one on idr who, some which char. was talking about the physical copy. i never buy ebooks unless theyre insanely cheap. oh wow O_O. LOL yeah they have gone up. its crazy when u see for example two diff authors with equally popular series but a major diff in prices in their ebooks and physical books but maybe if its diff publishers itd be like that