HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

BUDDY READS & READING CHALLENGES > Comparing Books Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1173 comments Mod
Hello everyone, I have an idea about a reading challenge and I have named it "Comparing Books Challenge".

Step 1: Challenge Initiation.

Member A can request others to select any book from his/her read shelf.

Example:

Hi, those interested are welcome to select a book from my read shelf. Thanks!

By the way, any number of people can initiate the challenge at the same time.

Step 2: Challenge Response.

Member B can select a book from Member A's read shelf and express his/her willingness to read and rate that book, on the condition that Member A also selects a book from his/her read shelf.

Example:

Hi Member A, I am interested in reading Book ABC from your read shelf so that we can compare our individual ratings, if you would also select a book from my read shelf. Thanks!

By the way, one person can respond to more than one member at the same time. Moreover, more than one person can respond to the same member at the same time.

Step 3: Challenge Confirmation.

If Member A doesn't find anything appealing in Member B's read shelf then he/she can politely decline ...otherwise, Member A can select a book from Member B's read shelf and express his/her willingness to read and compare ratings for that book.

Example:

Hey, Member B, that's great! I would also like to read Book XYZ from your read shelf so that we can compare our individual ratings. Thanks!

Step 4: Challenge Completion.

Once Member A has confirmed the challenge, then both Member A and Member B have to finish their selected books and compare the ratings of those books with each other, within the next three months.

Example (feedback by Member A):
Book selected by Member A from Member B's read shelf: ?
Member A's Rating: ?
Member B's Rating: ?

Example (feedback by Member B):
Book selected by Member B from Member A's read shelf: ?
Member A's Rating: ?
Member B's Rating: ?

Well, looking forward to your participation, hope you enjoy, thanks! :-)

message 2: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) I love this idea, I want to participate in this!! :D

message 3: by Meshal Raza (new)

Meshal Raza | 4 comments O i love this! How can we do this?

message 4: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Odette wrote: "I love this idea, I want to participate in this!! :D"

Meshal Raza wrote: "O i love this! How can we do this?"

Hey, that's great, so glad you like it, thanks! :-)

I have tried my best to explain the entire procedure in message 1 ...and you are welcome to initiate the challenge any time you wish to. (step 1)

Once you have put in your request (step 1), other members will start checking out your read shelf.

Those members who don't find any appealing book in your read shelf but would still like to participate in this challenge ...may initiate their own requests simultaneously. (step 1)

Anyway, more than one member may respond to your request (step 2) ...but you don't need to continue with those members whose read shelf doesn't contain books that appeal to you. (step 3)

If you don't wish to initiate the challenge then you can just wait till someone else does so and if his/her read shelf contain a book that you wish to read then you can respond to the request. (step 2)

If you require further clarification then please feel free to message me.

Thanks again ...and all the best! :-)

message 5: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Odette wrote: "I love this idea, I want to participate in this!! :D"

Guess it would be fine to assume this comment as a challenge initiation!

Anyway, I checked out your read shelf and noticed Rumour Has It by Jill Mansell. I would like to read this book within the next three months and see how my rating compares with yours.

If you are interested then please check out my read shelf too and see if you can find any book that you would like to read. If so, then, as mentioned in step 3, please let me know so that we can proceed further with this challenge. If you don't find any appealing book in my read shelf then that's fine as well, in that case, we won't continue with this challenge.

Thanks! :-)

message 6: by Odette (last edited Feb 25, 2016 04:46AM) (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) @Meshal I've found Who Do You Love on your shelf! Can you find something you like on mine? Than we can do this thing :D

@Ramla I've found some matches, Who's That Girl?, Me and Mr. Darcy and The Perfect Match, I can read any of them in the near future!

message 7: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Hey, that's great, Odette! :-) Once you have decided on which of these three books you would like to read ...we can proceed further with this challenge.

That is, I will read Rumour Has It and will provide my rating here within the next three months, so that we can compare our individual ratings for this book.

In the meantime, you can do the same with the book you select.

Thanks! :-)

message 8: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) I think I will start with Who's that Girl :) But the other 2 have moved up my TBR list now, and I've written them down on my personal list of which book I can talk about to whom. So when I do start to read them, I will remember this and post the ratings of those books here as well, if that's ok with you? :)

message 9: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Sure, that would be perfectly fine, I would love to know your feedback on all the three books! :-)

Moreover, if you like then you can share your thoughts on these books in the following discussion threads as well:

Alexandra Potter
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Katie Fforde
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Happy Reading! :-)

message 10: by Ramla Zareen (new)

MY COMPARING BOOKS CHALLENGE (NO. 1)
Member A: Odette
Member B: Ramla Zareen (me!)
Book selected by me from Odette's read shelf: Rumour Has It
Book selected by Odette from my read shelf: Who's That Girl?
(along with: Me and Mr. Darcy, The Perfect Match, A Vintage Wedding)
Feedback
Rumour Has It
Odette's rating: 4 STARS
My Rating: 3 STARS= Good= Quite Enjoyable= I liked it...!

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) Anyone want to choose a book from my shelf?