Play Book Tag discussion

Night  (The Night Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Night
February 2016: World War II > Night by Elie Wiesel - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sushicat | 804 comments How to rate a book like this? An unflinching retelling of the author's experience in the Nazi death camps. But also a look into a soul tortured to the point of inhumanity by the horrors and deprivations endured. A deeply impressive testimony.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6437 comments It seems to be a must read really. It's the book I will turn to so I never forget.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1315 comments It was a very heart-wrenching tale. I learned some new things about the atrocity of the Holocaust, which was surprising to me. I think it's a tale everyone should read so they know and to help us not repeat history.

Susie | 4488 comments I too am glad to have read it. Enjoy is not the right word but I feel as though it was an important read, and I found the simplistic style very powerful.

message 5: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (margarette) | 292 comments I've read it at least twice, recommended it countless times and considered re-reading it. But this is so tragic and sad, just what I'm trying to avoid right now. It's among my favorites and I'd also give it 5 stars

Kristal | 35 comments Posting my review now and it's amazing that for such a short book, the review was hard. It created so many emotions.

Sushicat | 804 comments Kristal wrote: "Posting my review now and it's amazing that for such a short book, the review was hard. It created so many emotions."

Finding the right words for this one is not easy.

Kristal | 35 comments Sushicat: Especially when you see reviews from people that question whether these events even took place. I hold by the statement: Question Everything. But when sufficient evidence is found, what is there to question? I guess I'm angry that people can deny the pain and suffering that took place. Which brings me to another truth I believe in: History has a way of repeating itself. Which is why I take a personal effort to teach my kids history that the public schools are neglecting.

**Off my soapbox now**