I love Alpha Male books club discussion

Help! Looking for 24/7 BDSM

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

French Press Bookworm Blog (sweet_tree) | 46 comments Hey so I'm currently reading a book with a 24/7 Dom and sub storyline and I'm really enjoying it. I was wondering if you guys had any other books to recommend?

I'm reading the Dartmouth series by Bianca sommerland right now.

Federica the heir of fire (fedy) | 5 comments You should read Cherise Sinclair's books if you haven't already :)

message 3: by Willow (new)

Willow Madison | 31 comments You might want to check out the ones on Total Power Exchange list:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 4: by ❤Casey❤ (new)

❤Casey❤ (caseylp) | 5 comments There's also Tender Mercies by Kitty Thomas.

message 5: by BBEATRICE -idem345- (last edited Feb 23, 2016 02:36PM) (new)

BBEATRICE -idem345- | 73 comments I enjoyed this series very much ( here the first book)Slave
It really is a 24/7 bdsm -the title could deceive- not a slave\master and not forced

BBEATRICE -idem345- | 73 comments Willow wrote: "You might want to check out the ones on Total Power Exchange list:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1..."

Yes but tpexchange is not always about romance..sometimes is very dark and heavy-forced, slavery, masochism and sadism etc..- and not just the " light part" of domination and submission and again sometimes no romance at all..(for example As She's Told )

It depends from wich kind of book @french press wants to read and asked for

French Press Bookworm Blog (sweet_tree) | 46 comments These are all seriously great. I'll admit some of these scare me haha but I'm willing to give it a try.

French Press Bookworm Blog (sweet_tree) | 46 comments Just started tender mercies and I gotta say that prologue almost brought me to tears.

message 9: by Willow (new)

Willow Madison | 31 comments BBEATRICE -idem345- wrote: "It depends from wich kind of book @french press wants to read and asked for..."

See...this is where I differ. I didn't want to presume what type of book would be of interest or limit the options to only what I would deem acceptable by some pre-conceived idea of 24/7 or BDSM. Someone says "24/7" and I take the leap of faith that that could include all sorts of total power exchange situations. Same goes for the full description of "BDSM" - all the letters are "on the table" so to speak.

Admittedly, I haven't read the Dartmouth series, so I have no idea about the light/dark or romance levels referenced by it per se. I do know that French Press made no specific requests of light/dark or romance in the original post though, so I'm a little perplexed by your statement, BB. Perhaps you know something that I don't??

In any regard, I posted the TPE Listopia in the hopes that it would be a 'yellow brick road' for you, French Press...never know where a ruby slipper will take you until the winds pick you up ;)

French Press Bookworm Blog (sweet_tree) | 46 comments Willow thank you for the list. I actually found a few that seemed interesting to me. Dartmouth is more light and romance. So some of these are way darker than I'm use to but I have no prob taking a leap of faith and seeing if I like it.

BBEATRICE -idem345- | 73 comments Willow wrote: "BBEATRICE -idem345- wrote: "It depends from wich kind of book @french press wants to read and asked for..."

See...this is where I differ. I didn't want to presume what type of book would be of int..."

Yes I totally agree with you, @french press did not said wich kind of 24/7 bdsm wanted to read and i was wondering what kind of book she was looking for. iI just wanted to give my personal advice based on my "read" experience. When i first approched the genres I had no idea that there were this differences so I thought it might help because the world 24/7 bdsm it's really big, I felt the need to discuss about it just a little bit.
I just wanted to clarify this difference for people that might read the post.
It wasnt something against what you wrote. ;)

message 12: by Willow (new)

Willow Madison | 31 comments @FP: Glad the list helped. Another idea for you - I've found some good books by looking at the shelves and lists of reviewers with similar tastes to my own (i.e. those that have rated the same as me on some faves). Maybe you can also hunt down some similar books to Dartmouth this way too. Fair warning though - you can find yourself glued to Goodreads allll day long then :))

@BB: No offense taken :) I can appreciate the need to clarify interests. One person's "light" is another person's "too dark." It's why I like Listopia on here - it's a good starting point for reading through blurbs and reviews to find which end of the spectrum you want more.
I qualify myself as a dark erotic romance author with a lean towards psychological suspense and unrepentant Alphas. I certainly wouldn't want someone stumbling into my books expecting only light & fluffy. But I know that I've been disappointed a time or two to find that a book labeled 'dark' really wasn't (IMhO of course), so everyone has to decide for themselves on this issue I suppose...