The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Wheel of Time > TGH: Part 4 (Chapters 20-27)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (new)

Bill | 1596 comments Part 4

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 4 (Chapters 20-27).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Thom! I knew he wasn't dead, but I'm still happy to see him again.

I have to laugh when he says that Rand is out of it, and so is he.

message 3: by Bill (last edited Mar 06, 2016 07:27AM) (new)

Bill | 1596 comments More suspicious behavior from Selene.

Giant statue with a huge sphere is some kind of angreal. Wonder if the King of Cairhein wanting it in the city means one of the black ajah or forsaken might be there. Daes Dae'mar seems like it would make Cairhein an awful place to live.

Moraine is either trying to assure that Lan goes to Nynaeve upon her death or making sure that he doesn't. Hard to figure out her motives. Wonder if Liandrin or Verin could have sent the Draghkar to attack Moraine. Also got mention of the forsaken Lanfear again could this be Selene?

The accepted test for the Aes Sedai is brutal. Like Egwene, Nynaeve seems to have abilities above the rest of the current Aes Sedai. Just when it looks like she will het caught in the Ter'Angreal she manages to make her own portal out. Wonder how this ability will develop.

I wonder what the cause of Elayne's hate of Galad is. She seems to detest him for being too good. Min, Elayne and Egwene are all besties now. Elaida is tough and is also trying to find Rand. Another black ajah or am I now seeing darkfriends everywhere.

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Bill wrote: "Daes Dae'mar seems like it would make Cairhein an awful place to live."

Seriously. It gets really bad later. I don't remember what section though.

"Moraine is either trying to assure that Lan goes to Nynaeve upon her death or making sure that he doesn't. Hard to figure out her motives"

Moraine remains pretty mysterious for awhile. I think she's my favorite female character of the series though.

"The accepted test for the Aes Sedai is brutal. "

Just wait until you see the one to become full Aes Sedai. However I think there is something fishy about Nynaeve's test. She's not supposed to channel, or remember what happens after. There is nothing preventing her from channeling, but a forsaken showing up brings it out of her. I can't recall if this is explained later, or if I'm just being paranoid though :)

"I wonder what the cause of Elayne's hate of Galad is."
I'm not sure if this gets explained either, but I kind of share it by the end of the series.

message 5: by Slick (new)

Slick | 40 comments Rob wrote: "I wonder what the cause of Elayne's hate of Galad is."
I'm not sure if this gets explained either, but I kind of share it by the end of the series.

Ughh... The dude grinds on my nerves but never once as much as Gawyn did XD

Nynaeve becomes one of the best characters, if not the best female lead but i always loved Moiraine.

message 6: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

I like Nynaeve a lot by the end of the series, but she's so unbearable for a large part of it, that it knocks her down a few ranks for me.

message 7: by Sumant (new)

Sumant | 522 comments Selene is definitely Lanfear because when Rand asks her for name she channels the power in Inn and makes the maid drop her tray so that he can be distracted. She also appears from thin air besides Rand and vanishes the same way.

The huge statue is really interesting and I think Bill's observation regarding it being some kind of terangreal is correct because when Rand sees it he uses Saidin I think.

Carihien has become an awful place for sure because the king keeps control of his subjects with trolloc plays and Desdemar.

The only issue I have is Egwene falls for Gallad on first meeting guess I don't believe in love at first sight :P, and how soon Elayne and Egwene become friends, another one being all the women in this world are beautiful.