The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Wheel of Time > TGH: Part 1 (Prologue-Chapter 6)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (last edited Feb 23, 2016 09:47AM) (new)

Bill | 1596 comments Part 1

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 1 (Prologue-Chapter 6).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Man that prologue seems pretty packed. I need to find/read a summary of it. I had to look up who "The Man who called himself Bors" was, because I didn't want to wait until it was revealed.

Looking him up didn't help me much. I still don't remember him. lol. There was one hint to his identity in the prologue, but I missed it. I won't share it here in case that borders into spoiler territory.

I found most of the rest of this section a bit slow until chapter 6.

Rand is already starting to get a bit whiny, Mat got a bit more interesting though, but that's probably because I know what's coming later.

We meet the Amerlyn Seat. I can't remember what is revealed in chapter 6 and what was in 7 since that scene runs between both, so I'll talk about it in the next thread to be on the safe side.

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill | 1596 comments The only hint towards Bors identity that I caught was when he looked at his uniform. The golden flaring sun is for the children of light and we learn from Bornhald's pov that the red shephard's crook is for a questioner. He doesn't mention anything about knots of any kind some I am guessing he isn't an officer.

We got some hints toward some of the other darkfriends as well. They seem to be from every nation and level of society. The only obvious one so far is Liandrin who must have been one of the two Aes Sedai present.

message 4: by Slick (new)

Slick | 40 comments I remember him :) from my last reread so im not as curious but i don't want to spoil it for you guys ahaha. The 'Dark Friend Social' is one of my favorite prologues. I love to see Dark Friends among Dark Friends.

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 1049 comments I'm having a wicked hard time getting into this one. Every time I sit down to read some, I start to get glassy eyes and immediately lose interest.

I'm going to give it a couple day break and see if it hits me better later.

Figured that guy's cloak meant something in the prologue but I just couldn't remember what.

message 6: by Sumant (last edited Mar 24, 2016 12:31AM) (new)

Sumant | 522 comments The prologue was interesting and I think I can remember who the dark friend from children of the light is.

Ya regarding Laindrin you are right that she is the Aes sedai present at the gathering because she carries on her sleeve when she does what she does to frame Morarine through Lady Amellisa in Fal Dara.

We also come to know that not only the Aes sedai want to control the world but they want to control other Aes sedai too, as if the Ajahs were not enough we have Reds teaming with Green to oppose The Amrelyn seat, it seems that they had enough of Amrelyn always coming from Blue.

Also Siuan and Morarine have hustle of their own going on and Siaun is facing the heat due to it because the Reds know that Moraine is up to something and the Amrelyn aka Siaun not doing something about it is making them more suspicious.

Morarine also explains Siaun regarding the plan she has for Rand and we come to know the reason regarding why she has been ignoring her.

Also Egwene and co calling men dumb and wool headed and mules but she visiting Padan Fain in the cell so that she can overcome home sickness guess what that makes her.

We know that it is raining dragons, as we have now three claiming themselves to be dragons we have
one in Saldea if I remember correctly that is Mazirim Taim, then one in Muranday and at one more place I cannot remember.

The Lord commander of light i.e Jefrem Bornhald has been dispatched on special mission by their CEO Padrian Niall to Tarabon, and he is surprised by the fact that he will reporting to an Inquisitor or Jaichim Carridin's 2nd in command.