Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Beta reads and book exchanges > Free book for honest review, SF Novel "Godeena"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stjepan (last edited Mar 24, 2016 10:20AM) (new)

Stjepan Cobets | 6 comments Hi,
June 30, 2015, I published my science fiction novel "Godeena". I asked a few friends to Goodreads to give me an opinion on my book, they are my sincere advice warned that I should give the book to proofreading. The book is now edited and republished. I would be grateful for any review of the reader. If you want to read my book, I'll be glad to send in PDF, Word, Mobi and EPUB format.
Sincerely,
S.V.Cobets
Godeena by Stjepan Varesevac Cobets

message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) | 758 comments Hi Stjepan, I noticed your first name because I used it as a character name in my first book. Croatian is it, somewhere like that? My Stjepan is the love interest for the main character, and she calls him "Chep" as a pet-name.

Good luck with your book!

message 3: by Stjepan (last edited Mar 08, 2016 02:19AM) (new)

Stjepan Cobets | 6 comments Hi Richard,
Yes I am from Croatian, I know it is very difficult to read my name in English. In English is pronounced Stephen. In the Croatian language your name is Ričard. Thank you for your good wishes, I hope you also had success with your book.

PS: Frankly I am interested: How you chose name for your character, because it is used so written only in Croatian?

message 4: by Richard (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) | 758 comments Hi Stjepan.
I can tell you how the name was chosen, though I fear you will find it a little strange. I have written a series of books, based on a computer model of the Solar System and the way humans could spread out through it, starting in the 2040's. It actually includes the motions of all the asteroids, so that the journeys people make are realistic. Each person in the database is modelled, with their education, place of birth, and ethnic background. For each ethnic group, I downloaded a list of common surnames from national databases, and a list of first names, usually from online "name your baby" sites. I then assigned combinations of these at random. And one that came up, from the Croatian group, was Stjepan Knezhevitch. I'm afraid I have characters make fun of his last name, pretending they are sneezing when they say it. But he's a positive character, and my proponent fancies him a lot.
If all that modelling makes you wonder if I'm a bit crazy, that would be justified. If you have a complex imaginary world in your head, you are either insane, or a writer. I decided to be a writer.
I'm afraid Amazon don't seem to have a .hr site. The first book is available on the .de site, at least that's in Euros...

http://www.amazon.de/Dark-Colony-Aste...

Cheers,

Richard

Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Godeena (other topics)