In Fellowship discussion

Daily Encouragement > Encouraging the Lost

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 93 comments Mod
I encourage you to seek out truth, open your mind and heart to God and He will reveal Himself to you. I encourage you to read the Bible with this frame of mind. You'll find it is truth. Any problems you have or if your just feeling bad, your welcome to talk to me. I'm here to encourage you.

message 2: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone I must say, that is hard. I have one friend (I will not mention who) who is actually in the religion of HATING God and being against The Lord and the Christ. So I am still trying to spread my religion, although it is quite hard for some people.

But I have read some of the Bible this year, and I truly believe in basically everything. It makes me feel proud.
*nod*

message 3: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Wait, there's a religion like that? Woah, I didn't know that such a thing existed. Well, just keep praying for your friend and keep your faith strong.

message 4: by Amelia (last edited Aug 08, 2009 09:25AM) (new)

Amelia Mapstone ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Wait, there's a religion like that? Woah, I didn't know that such a thing existed. Well, just keep praying for your friend and keep your faith strong."

Yes, it's called atheist. It's a horrible religion. (not to affend anyone at all) But yes, I do pray.

message 5: by ♥Jenny♥ (last edited Aug 08, 2009 09:28AM) (new)

♥Jenny♥ Oh, no, I don't believe that that's what that is. Atheist are just people who don't believe in any God and aren't apart of a religion.

message 6: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Oh, no, I don't believe that that's what that is. Atheist are just people who don't believe in any God and aren't apart of a religion."

Indeed that's what she is, but my mom tells me that some of that religion are completely AGAINST anything that has to do with God and any of the faith. *nods*

message 7: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Amelia wrote: "♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Oh, no, I don't believe that that's what that is. Atheist are just people who don't believe in any God and aren't apart of a religion."

Indeed that's what she is, but my mom tells ..."

Oh. Well I haven't talked people like that. I've talked to people that don't care about any religion and just ignore it. And when they see people that are religious they choose to argue with them about how their religion is wrong etc.

message 8: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone Yeah... I never did either until now. *shrugs* But it's okay.
*nods*
We're still really good friends.

message 9: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Aw, well that's nice.

message 10: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Atheists don't believe in any higher power. Most of the time they believe in evolution and/or the Big Bang. It isn't a religion since that's why they're atheists - they don't want a religion or to be religious.

Sometimes these atheists hate religions because they feel that they are a waste of our time and are too restricting and controlling. Others hate the members because we do believe in God. If they hated God, they would have to believe in God. However, they don't believe, so unless they aren't really an atheist than there's no "hating God" - purely just "hating religion" because they can hate any religion - Islam, Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Mormonism, etcetera. Most of the time they don't like all religion.

Though, I wouldn't necessarily call atheists bad people, or hateful people. I know plenty who are very kind and caring. They just think that my opinion on things (AKA, my religion) is silly or ignorant. That's why we try to avoid religious topics.

There's no way to make someone do what you want them to do, or what you think they should do. It's completely their choice to either believe in God, or not. They will decide for themselves and they will get the consequences of their choices, good or bad.

But it's possible to turn around. I was nearly an atheist when I was 13 and 14, but now I'm as religious as ever! It just goes to show that things can change for the better :)

message 11: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone Jayda wrote: "Atheists don't believe in any higher power. Most of the time they believe in evolution and/or the Big Bang. It isn't a religion since that's why they're atheists - they don't want a religion or to ..."

Mhm. That, unfortunately, sounds like my friend.

message 12: by Jayda (new)

Jayda It's always sad to lose someone from faith.

Has anything big happened to her lately? Something bad, anyway? A lot of the time atheism is caused by a "lack of God", or in other words, they're mad at God for not stopping the bad. What they don't understand is that without bad, there can be no good. Without light, there can be no dark. Without fear, there can be no comfort.

Don't push your friend (I'm assuming your friend is female?). That will just make them resent religion even more, because they don't want to be forced into anything. Try to bring it up, but only at the right time, only when you feel that you can without offending him/her.

When my parents tried to push religion on me when I was 13-14 because I was rebellous I just went completely against it. I didn't like anything to do with it. As soon as they let up I started to find my own way back.

Not everyone will, or can find their own way back, but ultimately it's their choice. They decide what they do and what they believe. Who knows, maybe he/she will come back?

message 13: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Jayda wrote: "But it's possible to turn around. I was nearly an atheist when I was 13 and 14, but now I'm as religious as ever! It just goes to show that things can change for the better :)"

They really can.

message 14: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone Umm...don't think so...I mean, she gets stressed out a LOT from normal teen problems and stuff like that, so she gets real temperish and annoyed at life, which is quite sad. I feel that if she trusted in the Faith, she'd have a better life...but then again, she is also Jewish. But at least she'd have SOMETHING to look to.

Oh, I learned that lesson. I don't even TALK about my religion around her. Not even around a holiday, if she asks me if I am going to church or not. I just shrug and say I am not sure.
If I even think a cross necklace is beautiful she makes a gross noise, and stomps off saying that is stupid.
*shrugs*
I think she acts too stubborn, as well as ignorant towards it.

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Jayda wrote: "But it's possible to turn around. I was nearly an atheist when I was 13 and 14, but now I'm as religious as ever! It just goes to show that things can change for the better :)"

They ..."

I agree. I think so too. And I hope.

message 16: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Amelia wrote: "Umm...don't think so...I mean, she gets stressed out a LOT from normal teen problems and stuff like that, so she gets real temperish and annoyed at life, which is quite sad. I feel that if she trus..."

Is she the kind of girl that tells you everything or does she hide some stuff? Maybe something personal happened to her? For me, it was a rebellious stage I had to get out of my system. But once something personal happened to me I turned my life around. No one except my best friend knew about it, and I tell my mom everything, which is why it's a possibility that she's hiding something.

Her attitude kind of sounding like mine, only I wasn't as extreme. I still went to church and to youth group and everything, I just didn't like being a part of religion. I think she might be trying too hard to convince herself that there is no God, you know? That's a possibility.

message 17: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Amelia wrote: "Umm...don't think so...I mean, she gets stressed out a LOT from normal teen problems and stuff like that, so she gets real temperish and annoyed at life, which is quite sad. I feel that if she trus..."

Oh, well don't let her come between you and your religion. It sounds like she's not even making an effort to accept your religion. Have you talked to her about this?

message 18: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone Jayda wrote: "Amelia wrote: "Umm...don't think so...I mean, she gets stressed out a LOT from normal teen problems and stuff like that, so she gets real temperish and annoyed at life, which is quite sad. I feel t..."

Hmm...well, maybe.
Actually, I think she does, 'cause she tells me a LOT of her personal thoughts, which obviously I will not share here, but...yeah...

message 19: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Amelia wrote: "Umm...don't think so...I mean, she gets stressed out a LOT from normal teen problems and stuff like that, so she gets real temperish and annoyed at life, which is quite sad. I feel t..."

I don't believe me.
Well, I have tried to talk to her about it, and then we end up fighting. I tell you, I think I should just push aside religion when it comes to friendship. Especially when there's so many different friends who are so different from me.

message 20: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95)
Hello. I have been putting off joining this group for a very long time,(some of you know why) while still checking what goes on in here. However that comment effected me enough to make me join.

I will not be here long. Even though he is my friend, I know he will ban me for this.

""I must say, that is hard. I have one friend (I will not mention who) who is actually in the religion of HATING God and being against The Lord and the Christ""

There are several problems with this statement.
a) Atheism is not a religion. Religion is belief in a god, atheism is lack of belief in a god.
b) Most atheists are not opposed to religion, so long as it stays in your head and you do not push morals onto others.
c) We aren't against the Lord. He isn't there to be against... ;)

Okay, Caleb, I tried not to, if you ask me to, I'll leave. Then again, I thought you said you don't believe in blind faith, well, I can always challenge your little group. In anycase Preacherboy, tell me to leave and I will....until then, I'm going to make comments.

Much Love and Peace,

Marley <3

message 21: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone Marley wrote: "
Hello. I have been putting off joining this group for a very long time,(some of you know why) while still checking what goes on in here. However that comment effected me enough to make me join.
..."

I know He's not there to be against, but my friend IS against Him.

And I know it's not a religion and it's a disbelief in God, but she is quite foolish and rebellious so she calls herself Atheist and is AGAINST the Lord COMPLETELY. You should see it.
It's horrible.

message 22: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Mapstone Uh...no... ?

message 23: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) No, when I said he is not there to be against, I meant he does not exist.

I think you are mistaken, as she is not against god, she is against the ideas the bible puts into other people's head. As it is impossible to be against something you don't think exists.

Are you saying I'm horrible? Here I was thinking I was a good person.

message 24: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Ok. Ok, well if she didn't believe in god I'm sure she wouldn't believe in the devil, duh. I had a moment there.

message 25: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) ♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Ok. Ok, well if she didn't believe in god I'm sure she wouldn't believe in the devil, duh. I had a moment there."

Oh, you're smart! I like you...granted I'm sure there are other things I might dislike about you later....

But I hate when people do that. If you don't believe in God, why would you believe in anything else created in the bible!

:)

message 26: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Marley wrote: "♥Jenny♥ wrote: "Ok. Ok, well if she didn't believe in god I'm sure she wouldn't believe in the devil, duh. I had a moment there."

Oh, you're smart! I like you...granted I'm sure there are other ..."

Yeah, um...thanks?

message 27: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) Yes, I wasn't being sarcastic.

message 28: by ♥Jenny♥ (last edited Aug 13, 2009 03:26PM) (new)

♥Jenny♥ I figured that. I used to be in the debate group. Btw, sorry if I said anything insulting.

message 29: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) I WAS NOT being sarcastic....just making sure you understood that.

I can't remember if you did, but I don't get insulted, just mildy annoyed.

message 30: by ♥Jenny♥ (last edited Aug 13, 2009 03:36PM) (new)

♥Jenny♥ That's cool, that's cool. I understand.

message 31: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) Good, good. :)

message 32: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Yeah. : ) Ugh, people are arguing over here. *listens* Nothing I haven't heard before.

message 33: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) Over where? In your house?

message 34: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Yeah.

message 35: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) Your family? Mine do that a whole...lot. It's annoying.

message 36: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Si. Hmm, now it's quiet. *listens* But I can hear them whispering.

message 37: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) What was it all about?

message 38: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ I don't know exactly. But from what I heard it was stupid stuff (as usual).

message 39: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) Haha, yeah...

message 40: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Yeah. *sigh* I hate it when people argue.

message 41: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 93 comments Mod
Haha Marley! I didn't think you'd join =) but you did

message 42: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) Yeah, yeah, I gave in. I know. I tried to stay away, but that comment....made me angry.

message 43: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 93 comments Mod
Well I'm glad you came anyway, just try and be nice okay)this doesn't mean you can't speak your mind though)?

message 44: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) I plan on speaking my mind. I'm going to try my bestest not to curse since that make all of you get all....weird. So, if you see dots in my sentences it mught be me thinking of a replacement word.

I'm usually nice in debate though!