HAPPILY EVER AFTER discussion

BUDDY READS & READING CHALLENGES > Buddy Read (TBR Books) Challenge

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 1173 comments Mod
Hello everyone, I have an idea about a reading challenge and I have named it "Buddy Read (TBR Books) Challenge".

Step 1:

Member A can request others to select any book from his/her tbr (to-be-read) shelf to read along with him/her.

Example:

Hi, those interested are welcome to select a book from my tbr shelf to read along with me. Thanks!

By the way, any number of people can initiate the challenge at the same time.

Step 2:

An interested person, Member B, can select a book from Member A's tbr shelf and express his/her willingness to read that book along with Member A, on the condition that Member A also selects a book from his/her tbr shelf to read along with him/her.

Example:

Hi Member A, I am interested in reading Book ABC from your tbr shelf along with you if you would also read  any book from my tbr shelf with me afterwards. Thanks!

By the way, one person can respond to more than one member at the same time. Moreover, more than one person can respond to the same member at the same time.

Step 3:

If Member A doesn't find anything appealing in Member B's tbr shelf then he/she can politely decline ...otherwise, Member A can select a book from Member B's tbr shelf and express his/her willingness to read that book along with Member B, on the condition that first the book from the Member's A tbr shelf is read. Member A can also suggest any date after 10 days to start reading that book.

Example:

Hey, Member B, that's great!  I would like to read Book XYZ from your tbr shelf along with you as soon as we are done with Book ABC. Today is 3rd March. I can suggest any date after 10 days, so how about if we start reading Book ABC on 15th March? This way we can share our thoughts on the first 2 chapters on 25th March. Thanks!

Step 4:

Both Member A and Member B should read at least two chapters per 10 days ...and should share their thoughts on the book at the end of each 10 days period. 

They should begin each discussion in the following way:

Member A: ?
Member B: ?
Book selected by Member B from Member A's tbr shelf: ?
Date on which the book was started: ?
Chapters under discussion: No. ? and No. ?
Comments: ?

Step 5:

Once the book selected by Member B from Member A's tbr shelf is finished

...then Member B can suggest any date after 10 days to start reading the book selected by Member A from his/her tbr shelf.  

Example:

Hi Member A, it was great reading and discussing Book ABC from your tbr shelf with you :-) Now that we have finished it, we can start the book you selected from my tbr shelf: Book XYZ. Today is 25th June and I can suggest any date after 10 days. July is kind of busy for me but how about if we start Book XYZ on 1st August? This way we can share our thoughts on the first 2 chapters on 10th August. Thanks!

Step 6:

Again, both Member A and Member B should read at least two chapters per 10 days ...and should share their thoughts on the book at the end of each 10 days period. 

They should begin each discussion in the following way:

Member A: ?
Member B: ?
Book selected by Member A from Member B's tbr shelf: ?
Date on which the book was started: ?
Chapters under discussion: No. ? and No. ?
Comments: ?

Step 7:

Once the book selected by Member A from Member B's tbr shelf is also finished, the challenge can be considered to be successfully completed! :-) 

Well, looking forward to your participation, hope you enjoy, thanks! :-)

NOTE:

Those interested are welcome to check out the following discussion threads as well.

Buddy Read Requests

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Buddy Read Challenge

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thanks again! :-)

message 2: by Odette (new)

Odette Brethouwer (odettebrethouwer) As said in the other topic :D

I have a huge tbr-prioritylist. I pick some books to read every month (a also have a shelf for this month and one to plan ahead for next month...). If there are any books there you like as well (you can use the compare shelves function if you friend me, say in the message you want to buddyread something), we can buddyread them! No promisses for a quick start, but I will talk to you about when I can read it ;)