2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > Terry's 75 in '16

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TMCD677 (new)

TMCD677 | 3 comments Having read 17 books from September to December last year a little fag paper mathematics suggests 75 is a realistic goal for 12 months and a few more books than the 68 ave. last years reading works out at.

Started day 1 in January, now 10 books down and number 11 should be finished today:

#01 - The Confession by John Grisham
#02 - The Litigators by John Grisham
#03 - The Racketeer by John Grisham
#04 - Sycamore Row by John Grisham
#05 - Gray Mountain by John Grisham
#06 - Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham
#07 - The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
#08 - The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
#09 - Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
#10 - The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry by Jon Ronson

Finishing today:
#11 - Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

After which I'll be starting
#12 - Imhotep by Jerry Dubbs

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah H. (maron123) | 131 comments Good luck on your goal! It looks like you have already read some great books this year!

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments I read Sycamore Row in dec/jan. It was my first John Grisham book. Not really the genre I go for, but I did like it. What other Grisham books do you recommend that are like that one?

message 4: by TMCD677 (new)

TMCD677 | 3 comments Hi Alison,

I've just finished reading all of Grisham's law series. I've always found him an easy read and he's been one of my favourite authors for a long time.

Check out my favourites shelf (https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...) for reviews, however my top 5 would be:

#5 - The Partner
#4 - The Associate
#3 - Sycamore Row
#2 - The Rainmaker
#1 - A Time to Kill

Sycamore Row is the 'sequal' to A Time To Kill, A Time To Kill being both his very first novel and his very best by a very wide margin. In style and importance it's Grisham's To Kill A Mockingbird or Great Expectations.

message 5: by TMCD677 (new)

TMCD677 | 3 comments Okay, Update Time.

I'm 25/75 so far, 3 books behind schedule. Finished with John Grisham and am now working through Andy McNab's Nick Stone Cannon. Just starting Crossfire: