1x1's ˆ.ˆ discussion

1x1's > Crushing and Baa ~

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments So! Are we doing a modern thing?

message 2: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Okie just to make sure, lol because I had a "past idea"

We can do it like a message in a bottle kind of thing?

message 3: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Yeah you know like when you put a note in a bottle and throw it into the ocean?

message 4: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments No I was thinking for that it would be modern but for the past time it could be like a going off to war thing?

message 5: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments I don't mind lol

So charries?

message 6: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments I like the idea, so should it just the appearances?

message 7: by Kit (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:01PM) (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments I like it, like the message can be written on the back of a picture of that person.

message 8: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Alright so I guess we just pick out the appearance and start off with the picture and the note?

message 9: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Id actually like to be the one sends it?

I'm assuming we're doing first point of view?

Any specific gender?

message 10: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Lol okay

Oooo sounds cool!!!!

message 11: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Real, sorry if my first post is short, I tend to have a little trouble with them.

message 12: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Out of curiosity should it be letters or emails?

message 13: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments Well I don't mind either but I just wanted to know if I should mention an email or an address?

message 14: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments description

Hi, umm I guess I should start off with saying me name? Or why I'm writing this? No, my name will be good. Sorry as you could probably already tell, I've never done this sort of thing before. Writing a letter for some unknown person, not just writing. Of course I've wrote before, it would be weird if I haven't, right? Sorry, I'm babbling again! I guess I'm not very good at this but it's worth a shot. Let's start over, hi, my names Vanessa. Right now I'm at Honaunau Beach, if you get this I'll tell you where it's at, whoever you are. You probably think I'm childish for doing this, after all who would write to a stranger? These things usually never get to anyone else and are lost at sea except for those lucky few that end up having fifteen minutes of fame on Yahoo news. So I guess I have nothing to lose since no one will be reading this. Either way I'll keep writing as if someone will read it, just to keep myself busy. So you probably think, why write this? Why not go hang out with your friends? Well to answer that question, is it's because I currently have no friends. I just moved to a new state and I'm never been very good at making friends and I guess... I'm just a little lonely. So why do I look so happy in the picture? That was taken on one of my very last day seeing my best friend. Her parents flew her out here for a couple of days, cool right? I guess it was but it only made the goodbye even that much harder. Anyways my hands are all inked up now, that happens to me a lot for some reason. Whenever I use pen I get ink all over my hand while everyone stays clean, completely unfair if you ask me. I guess this is where I shall end it then before I cover my other hand with ink. So if by any chance someone does get this and you decide for some unknown and odd reason to contact this weird chic that made a message in a bottle, you can do it through my email. I think everyone has emails these days, right? Before I start babbling again, here it is: vanessa_virgo@yahoo.com. Well I guess this is goodbye, so uh, bye!

(view spoiler)

message 15: by criticaster (new)

criticaster | 781 comments
ᴛᴏ: ᴠᴀɴᴇssᴀ_ᴠɪʀɢᴏ@ʏᴀʜᴏᴏ.ᴄᴏᴍ
ғʀ: ᴅʀ_ʙᴏᴢᴏ13@ɢᴍᴀɪʟ.ᴄᴏᴍ
You know, before I start, I'd just like to tell you that you've cost me three stitches. Yeah, a piece of glass from the bottle got in my foot on my last day visiting California. Way to go. All seriousness set aside, I don't think I would've found this had I not stepped on the bottle. But, wow! I thought for a second that it would've been some sort of SOS message you see people in movies send out when they're stranded on islands, you know? Anyway, after realizing that this wasn't some person sending help, I thought that this was a really cool idea. Unfortunately, I had to catch my flight back to Switzerland and even then, where I live has terrible Internet connections at times e-e . My name is Gabriel. I know, I don't like it either. It's nice to meet you, Vanessa. I'm sorry to hear about your best friend leaving, but that picture is really cool! The picture I've attached to the email is me back in California, haha. My sister's an aspiring photographer, she's the one who took the picture (actually, my entire family likes to think they're professional photographers when, really, they just all have expensive cameras). To be honest, I don't have a lot of friends either, but that's because I'm constantly moving to different places and I don't go to any schools, my dad teaches me at home. I actually don't know how this stuff works...so I'm just gonna go out on a limb and ask what are your interests? Anyway, I have to get going, I have to go and and bring my dogs to the field and go help my neighbour with her cattle. So, uh, bye. I guess? I don't know.

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Kit (last edited May 04, 2014 02:04PM) (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments ᴛᴏ: ᴅʀ_ʙᴏᴢᴏ13@ɢᴍᴀɪʟ.ᴄᴏᴍ
ғʀ: ᴠᴀɴᴇssᴀ_ᴠɪʀɢᴏ@ʏᴀʜᴏᴏ.ᴄᴏᴍ

description

Oh wow, I have to say I'm surprised someone did get the letter and actually responded. As you could probably tell in the note, I wasn't expecting much of a response. However, it's nice to meet you Gabriel, by the way it is a nice name. One of my favorite guy names to be honest. Anyways I guess I have to apologize for the bottle breaking and the stitches, the thought never really crossed my mind. I guess most people don't really think about that when they do that whole thing, right? Oh, sorry for the disappointment, as you can see I'm not stranded in any island, fortunately for me. No, I'm currently living in Hawaii, I've never lived outside of the U.S. or gone much places so it's cool that you live in Switzerland. What kind of places have you been too before? Homeschooling, then? Wow, I wish, no I'm subjected to eight hours of hell at school and expected to do homework when I go home, unfair, right? Thanks about my picture but yours is so much better. Your sisters an amazing photographer but it looks like California is still as sunny as I left it. I lived in California my entire life but after a divorce my mom decided she needed a clean start and so here I am, on an island with no way of swimming back to Cali. It sucks but my mom doesn't seem to understand that, unlike me she's a social butterfly. I guess it's a sad when your mom has no trouble making friends and you do. Okay onto your question before I make this email way too long and you got bored of me. I like to read but I'm really into sports and atheltic things. Back in Cali, I participated in this race called Roc Race which is like Wipeout.(view spoiler) One of my favorite things is hiking, the picture above was one of my favorite places to go hiking back in California. I took it myself, I like putting the pictures in scrapbooks but I'm no where near as good as your sister, kudos to her. So what are you interests? I guess, I'll read your reply later?

(view spoiler)

message 17: by criticaster (last edited May 04, 2014 04:40PM) (new)

Well, it's good to know that at least somebody in this world thinks Gabriel makes a decent guy name. I always associate the name with a girl. It doesn't help that Lauren (my youngest sister) calls me Gabby all the freaking time. Haha, honestly, I'm kind of glad that I found the bottle, even if I did have to go to the hospital for it. Oh, man, I've visited every continent at least once (except for Antartica, of course). I've been everywhere in Europe, some states, some provinces -- you name it. It's great. I wouldn't know what sitting through eight hours of classes was like, but I think it sounds great. Being homeschooled isn't all that fun. I mean, you have the same teacher for every class, you never see any new faces, you don't make friends unless you actively go out and look for them (something I never have the time to do because I'm always travelling). Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to go to highschool, haha. I like it too, she's pretty good, but seriously, that waterfall picture is fantastic! It's really well angled and it's good quality. And obviously it's really nice. I'm sorry about your parents separating. California seemed like a really cool place to live in. Where in California did you live? I've never heard of the Roc Race, but it looks really cool. Did you win? Oh, the picture I attached is of the skateboard park, once again, in California taken by my sister, haha. I'm not in it but I think it's a really cool picture anyway. My interests? Well, anything with 'board' in it, really. Surfboard, skateboard, longboard, board games, you name it. I really like Math too. Eh, maybe I shouldn't have told you that, haha. I can't really think of any specific interestes, but I really love the outdoors. Supper time, see ya!

message 18: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments ᴛᴏ: ᴅʀ_ʙᴏᴢᴏ13@ɢᴍᴀɪʟ.ᴄᴏᴍ
ғʀ: ᴠᴀɴᴇssᴀ_ᴠɪʀɢᴏ@ʏᴀʜᴏᴏ.ᴄᴏᴍ

description

Well if it makes you feel better about your name, in middle school a lot of kids liked to call me 'Vain Vanessa.' I'm not to sure why, I never thought I was vain or too self conscious about my appearance but I guess that's preteens and the beginning of puberty for you. So another sister, huh? I wish I had siblings, sure they might be crazy and annoying at times, but I feel like it'll be fun, the noise anyways. As an only child it's always been quiet, more now than ever with it just being my mom and me. You're glad? You know most guys would have just messaged me to tell me 'fuck you' for the stitches. I'm glad you liked it though. Anyways it really does seem like you've been all over the world. That seems like so much fun, going to all different kinds of places. I've really wanted to go to Rome but I doubt it'll happen. Though I guess it would get kind of lonely without having somewhere permanent to go back too. Anyways, you say that now about school, but it's because you've never been to high school. It's like hell, almost all the kids hate it but what can you do? I do understand you though, I couldn't imagine what it would be like without all my friends back home, actually I can with the whole moving thing and still not having any friends :/. Moving on though lol, you're sister really does have an amazing talent with her camera. I guess I never really thought about my pictures, I just take them to remember the place, not for anything else but thank you. You shouldn't be sorry, I had known for a long time that the divorce was coming and I honestly couldn't be more relieved. California was great though, I lived up in the home of one of the notorious party universities, Santa Barbara. It's great but there's not much to do up there so I usually drove down to L.A. with my friends. It was awesome though, the race, I didn't win though it was mostly just for fun and to release stress. If I had been competitive than I wouldn't have relaxed at all! Then I guess we have that in common, loving the outdoors. Though I can't say I'm as good as you with any boarding but maybe I'll be able to challenge you to surfboarding soon, I mean I am in Hawaii! Math's cool but I love English ^.^. Oh! The picture above is this really cool tradition the natives do here during the full moon nights, they start around fiveish and end at midnight, it's beautiful. We all light some lanterns, write a wish on the shade, and send it off to see! Well it was nice writing you but I have to go finish homework, see you later!

(view spoiler)

message 19: by criticaster (new)

First of all, I'm sorry for the extremely late reply; I just haven't been able to get on any piece of technology until now. So, sorry about that. Vain Vanessa? Well, you don't sound vain to me, those kids sound like they're lacking some serious brain cells. Oh yeah, I have two sisters and a brother, but he's more or less not around; depends how you look at it, I guess. How is it, by the way? Living with just your mom? Well I think that's what cameras are for, you know? Freezing moments so you can one day look at them and relive the memory <-- Wow that sounded corny. With this many sisters around, it seems my masculinity has run away, apologies. Haha I'm sure you'd do way better than me in English, aha. But once we get to chemistry, I'll whoop your ass if you dare challenge me. Seriously, math and science are my most favourite subjects, so my dad takes more time teaching me those things than the other subjects. Oh, wow! That picture is really cool! What's the tradition called? Have any of your wishes come true so far? We don't have anything like that in Switzerland (well, I'm actually in Australia right now, but yeah). I'd love to see the festival one day, though. In my picture, it's my mom and dad and me in the middle. I was adopted so that's why I've got blonde hair while they both have different hair colours. =] I just really like the picture, I don't know why. Well, sorry once again for leaving you hanging for so long, hope to hear from you soon!

message 20: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments ᴛᴏ: ᴠᴀɴᴇssᴀ_ᴠɪʀɢᴏ@ʏᴀʜᴏᴏ.ᴄᴏᴍ

description

Don't be sorry about taking long, if anything I should be sorry. So many things have been going on and one of them included our moving to Hawaii. It turns out my mom hadn't thought to tell my dad about our moving of states and he completely freaked out. Which is understandable but when he informed the court, we had to fly back to California and clear it up with a judge so I haven't had time to do anything but sit in court and listen to my parents tell their side and emotions about everything. In the end we had to attend family therapy sessions for a few weeks. What I don't understand is why I have to go. I'm not really the one with the issues. My parents just need to sit down and talk it out, like really lay it out there. Anyways I think the nickname had to do with my hair. I used to have really long hair and I took good care of it. Probably a little self conscious about it but either way the whole nickname quickly blew out. Anyways, living with just my mom is interesting to say the least. See, she's never had a job before and before the divorce was pretty much a stay at home mom. My dad on the other hand is some kind of big shot lawyer. Both my parents come from wealthy families so my mother never had a need to work. Yet when the court decided on her to keep me it was because while my dad does bring home money, he's working a lot so he won't be able to take care of me even though I'm almost an adult. So my mom found a job as a waitress at a popular shack near the beach and with the child support money, we live more than comfortable. Still, she's a bit like a teenager at times, not used to working much but I like living with her, it's never boring but I do miss my dad. The tradition? I'm not sure exactly, and I haven't really had time to ask around. One of my wishes did come true, to be able to visit California. Though I did think of it as more of a vacation rather than a court ordered thing, guess I need to be more specific next time. You're adopted? How long have you known? I really like the picture though, you're an adorably cute baby. It seems like even back then you were photogenic by the way you just smile at the camera. I'll show you one of my own when I manage to find one of my old photo albums my mom put together. For now though, I did get a henna. It's really popular down here so I figured I should at least try to get comfortable down here. Anyways, I got a job at the same place my mom works at and I'm about to be late for my shift! Hope you reply soon!

(view spoiler)

message 21: by criticaster (new)

Look who's back from the dead!

Haha, just kidding, but I was seriously starting to wonder if something had happened to you. I'm glad to hear you're alright! Well, physically, anyway. Well, shit, it sounds like hell for you. Sorry to hear that. You know what's funny? My mom and dad recently had to go to court, not for the same reasons as you, but because my biological mum wants to take me back. Seventeen years of never knowing her and she thinks it's just okay to just waltz back in expecting things to be gun-ho. I won't go into details, but it sucks that you're stuck in the middle of it. I guess I kind of know how that feels, so I'm sorry, I guess. I really hope that everything works out in your favour after it's all over. Used to have really long hair? Did you cut it? I don't think that's a valid reason for people to call you Vain Vanessa, to be honest. Wow, that sounds really confusing. Both of my parents are workaholics so I can't imagine what it's like having to deal with a teenage mom. So long as you're happy, I guess it doesn't really matter what happens, haha. Aah, well do let me know when you find out, I'd love to hear more about this Hawaiian tradition! Oh, I've known I was adopted ever since I was old enough to understand that my entire family has almost black hair except for my mum who's got brown hair and I'm blonde. I mean, I didn't know the meaning of being adopted, but I knew I didn't exactly fit in, you know? Ahaha, maybe I was photogenic then, but I'm not so sure about now. Trust me on that one. But I bet you were a cute baby too! Vain Vanessa sounds like a girl who was cute as a baby. :p The henna tattoo looks really cool, how long did it take for the person to do it? You've got really long fingers, by the way; do you play the piano? I play a little bit, but I'm more of percussion guy. And the guitar. I love my guitar. The picture up there is of my breakfast. I . . . I really didn't know what to send you as a picture so I figured I'd send you a picture of my breakfast. Little known factoid, I'm obsessed with berries, so this is usually what I eat every morning haha. Berries and cream. If you haven't tried it, you really should, you really should! But don't get a really thin cream, otherwise it won't be good. Get a thicker one. Lol, that feels as if it would just be downright awkward working with your mum, so I hope you survive! See ya!

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) | 1545 comments ᴛᴏ: ᴠᴀɴᴇssᴀ_ᴠɪʀɢᴏ@ʏᴀʜᴏᴏ.ᴄᴏᴍ

description

I know, I know, sorry about my disappearance >.<

Well at least you didn't forget about me :D. Anyways yeah I'm fine just really glad to be home. Those therapy session were a waste for me. Yeah I was sad to leave California but what teenager would be happy about leaving their friends behind and their school? You know I lived their for most of my life but nothing to go to a therapist for. To be honest I think it is more for my parents needing closure and whatnot but if I didn't go they would both protest saying it would be 'couples counseling' and they weren't a couple anymore. It really does seem like I keep getting dragged in the middle with them. I really just want to lock them in a closet and tell them to settle it already. On the bright side I did enjoy seeing my dad again and he looked me over as if someone had kidnapped me. The thing is both my parents get along fine but when they go to court, they both always act weird as if anything could happen to change their lives. Which I mean it can but really, you two are already divorced, what else can happen? Anyways, so she wanted you back? Did you see her? Or talk to her? I know if I was you that I would at least have some questions for her. Like why did she give you up or what happened to her after or who your dad was. But for her to come back after seventeen is really stupid. It's not like the court would let her get custody when your parents have taken care of you your entire life. Yeah I cut it, remember the picture in the bottle had a picture of me? My hair is up to my shoulders there, it's a little longer now. It used to go down to my mid back, the tips almost reaching my waist since I had long layers. It wast oo much work though and I decided that for a new place, why not a new look? So I chopped it off and donated it too cancer. It was really weird at first but I like it. It's good that you knew you were adopted so it didn't come to a shock for you? I think when parents tell you when you're older, you think their your parents for so long that you react worse especially when you're a teen and you know this is the time that we find out who we really are so it's confusing. Please, I'm sure you're just as photogenic now. By the way I've almost uncovered my baby pictures, just give me a little more time. Hahaha hilarious, I'm sure I was just like every other baby, drooling with snot bubbles in my pictures. That looks really good by the way, but I did go buy some yogurt and berries and it tasted delicious! Thanks for that, it's going to be a regular for me now. And a little bit but I've gotten used to it. So I sometimes flirt with the customers because they tip better but it's weird knowing my moms there when a guys hitting on me. Anyways that is my new kitten. Late at night I heard some mewls and I went to go check outside I found her! She's adorable! My mom wanted to call her Snowball but that's too common so I decided on Snow Queen because of her fur and the color of her eyes. The vets said she was healthy and now she likes to cuddle with me at night. Anyways, talk to you late :D

(view spoiler)