The Sundered Book Club discussion

Ashes of the Tyrant > Ashes of the Tyrant - Chapters 22-24

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chad (new)

Chad Peek (mordrim) | 255 comments Mod
So I believe this is the penultimate section for Ashes of the Tyrant. Lorcan finds himself in quite a pickle, but that really is nothing new for him, and the hunt continues for the maurezhi.

This should prove to be a very exciting section of the book and I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts.

Happy Reading

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Evans (erinmevans) | 184 comments Mod
Okay, almost caught up!

Who cheered when Dahl punched Lorcan?

At some point in 4E (I forget where), it was established that Graz'zt had been a devil before he switched sides and became a demon lord. There are hints of that in here: he knows the rpradixikai, and he knows Zela and Invadiah specifically

This is also where I discovered that other people pronounce Zela "Zella" not "Zeal-ah" in which case Graz'zt's taunt doesn't remotely rhyme.

Orcus originally made an appearance to lead into Throne of the Dead wherein he would be warring in the Underdark with Graz'zt. But unfortunately that book was cancelled, so at the last minute I thought up a different connection which will be explained further in the next book.

And here is where you see Havilar is maturing: She could ride the bat, but it's wiser if she's in control of Zoonie.