The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Any video games?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Najma Are there any video games based on the the hunger games or anything similar which involves survival?? which is the best one? please let me know

Saskya The last of us is a really good game, it's about survival but not really like the hunger games. It's really fun to play though.

Matt try Minecraft

Saskya Minecraft isn't anything close to The Hunger Games!!!!

Matt Several people struggling for survival while scavenging for resources within a large arena. If you get some friends together and try to beat each other, it's pretty similar.

Saskya Ohhhhhhhhh...I see. But still, you have no real enemy. In the Hunger Games the real enemy is Snow, but in Minecraft, you don't really have anybody.

Matt I thought that you meant like the actual event of the Hunger Games. I didn't realize you were talking about the over-arching narrative of the franchise as a whole.

message 8: by Hai (last edited Feb 25, 2016 07:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hai It sounds like what you're after is basically a death match game, except the fact that most of those games are fast paced and everyone respawns very quickly. Not really the same feeling of hunger games.

I think I watched a twitch feed not too long ago which was DayZ (or it could have been H1Z1) in which they had a death match type of game. 24 players gets 1 life, and a safety zone becomes increasingly smaller and smaller as the time goes by (I believe it shrunk at 5 minute intervals) and the goal was to be the last man standing. If you were outside the safe zone, you die. You could pick up your fallen opponent's gear, use vehicles, create bandages from clothing, etc.

I don't know what mod they were using, but if that's the kind of thing you'd be into, you may want to look into that.

Lori Armsrong D&D?

Najma i got tomb raider, it's about survival, there is no competing but it's awesome

xx_stitched.butterfly_xx Minecraft is totally like The Hunger Games. Your real enemies are the mobs. I really like Minecraft, so yeah

xx_stitched.butterfly_xx That sounds like fun! But DEFINATELY check out minecraft. It's my fave game

Saskya Has anyone ever tried Skyrim?

message 14: by Matt (last edited Mar 16, 2016 04:12PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Saskya wrote: "Has anyone ever tried Skyrim?"

I flipping love Skyrim! (As seen by my profile picture.) It's not really like the Hunger Games though.

Saskya True...but it is amazing!!!! Did you hear about what the next elder scrolls is going to be? I am pretty sure that they are doing Argonia next.

message 16: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Saskya wrote: "True...but it is amazing!!!! Did you hear about what the next elder scrolls is going to be? I am pretty sure that they are doing Argonia next."
Argonia wouldn't be my first choice. Hammerfell would be pretty sweet, but I'd be content with any new Elder Scrolls content at this point, as long as it's not Elder Scrolls Online. I couldn't get into that as much for some reason.

Saskya I would rather have Elsewhere. (Is that how you spell it?) I have never tried Elder Scrolls Online. If it is not that good then I'll just stick with PS.

message 18: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Saskya wrote: "I would rather have Elsewhere. (Is that how you spell it?) I have never tried Elder Scrolls Online. If it is not that good then I'll just stick with PS."

ESO wasn't bad. It just wasn't what I wanted out of an Elder Scrolls. It probably goes without saying, but it was too much of an MMO for my tastes. Have you read any of the Elder Scrolls books?

Mihika I love Skyrim even if it is not similar to Hunger Games! ;)

Saskya THERE ARE BOOKS!!! Oh my goodness no I have not read any of them. How many are there? I have to read them like...RIGHT NOW!!!! Thank you for telling me!

message 21: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Saskya wrote: "THERE ARE BOOKS!!! Oh my goodness no I have not read any of them. How many are there? I have to read them like...RIGHT NOW!!!! Thank you for telling me!"

No problemo. There are only two of them and I haven't read either of them, but I heard they're pretty good.

Saskya Do you know who the author is?

message 23: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Saskya wrote: "Do you know who the author is?"

Greg Keyes, I believe.

Saskya Thank you so much! Okay, I have to ask this question...X-box or PS.
I suck at X-box. I am so much better at PS.

message 25: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Saskya wrote: "Thank you so much! Okay, I have to ask this question...X-box or PS.
I suck at X-box. I am so much better at PS."

I've always preferred the PlayStation myself, but I'm pretty proficient with both.

Saskya Thank you! I suck at X-box. What other games do you play?

message 27: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt I like Uncharted and Fallout. Metal Gear Solid and Dark Souls are my absolute favorite game series of all time.

Saskya I am TERRIBLE at Dark Souls! I tried it once and that was it for me. I love Uncharted, Fallout was okay, I didn't love it though. I have never played Metal Gear Solid. I'll have to try it out. Do you also play PC?
Portal is by far my favorite.

message 29: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Once I beat that first boss, I was in for the long haul with Dark Souls. Metal Gear Solid is awesome, just make sure you play them in order or else it will be extremely confusing. I play a little Civilization on PC while I'm at college, but that's about as far as I go on that front. I played Portal 2 on XBox and it was great. I haven't played the first one though.

Saskya Portal 2 is really good, but the first one explains a little bit more about GlaDis and why she is just barley waking up, and it expounds more on Ratman, who is super creepy.

message 31: by Matt (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matt Does the first Portal come for consoles or would I have to get that one on the ol' PC?

Saskya Um...I'm not sure on that one. I think it is only PC, but I'll have to check.