Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Group Read Books - archive > Group Read - The Verdict General no spoilers

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Are you planning on reading the March 2016 group read book? It is described as a courtroom thriller.

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1199 comments I have the e-book version on hold and am next in line.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I reserved it from the library.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1270 comments I am! Its ready for me at the library!

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath Truran | 1 comments I have just downloaded it to my iPad I'm really looking forward to reading it "with" you

message 6: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 6 comments Is it ok to read this one without reading the previous in this series?

message 7: by Russ (new)

Russ | 330 comments Hi Panda bear person. I don't think it's a series but if it is it's the first part. No background is needed to read The Verdict.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments I just got the audio version tonight so will start reading it tomorrow on the way to work!

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments I looked up Nick Stone's books and while he does have a series going; as Russ said, The Verdict is a standalone, or first book.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

message 10: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 6 comments Thanks! Even though I only have few days left for Febuary I'll still give a go. How's it going so far with people who just start reading it?

message 11: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 6 comments Oops! It's a March read. I still have one month. whew!

message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments I have the book out from the library and will probably start tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back to reading a book with you guys! Love legal thrillers.

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Carol: Yay! The case is setting up well!

message 14: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments Ann, I started listening on Monday and am up to chapter 16. Should be posting in a couple of days. I'm definitely drawn in!

I didn't realize the setting was England; another one of my favorite things!

message 15: by Runnermelissa (new)

Runnermelissa | 5 comments Library loan just came through yesterday on my Kindle! I am very excited to start this, my second book, with this group! Happy reading, all

message 16: by Manasa (new)

Manasa Kannan | 0 comments I'm going to read! Just got an ebook version. The blurb sounds promising though.

message 17: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments The discussions are a lot of fun, good to see more joining!

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I'm reading it now. It's good.

message 19: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3620 comments still waiting for it to come from the library.

message 20: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7898 comments I'm so excitied to see that some more people are coming down the pike! I'm about 10 chapters from the end and I promise you it is an excellent read!

message 21: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3620 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "I'm so excitied to see that some more people are coming down the pike! I'm about 10 chapters from the end and I promise you it is an excellent read!"

good to hear! i hope it gets here before i leave for florida on sunday.

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Sherry, where in Florida?

message 23: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3620 comments Amy wrote: "Sherry, where in Florida?"
going to visit my sister in boca.

message 24: by Amy (last edited Mar 11, 2016 05:32AM) (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Sherry, that's not far from me., I used to live in Boca, now in Lake Worth.