The Royal Readers discussion

104 views

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Brown (sprinkledwithwords) | 2 comments I'm so looking forward to reading this! I loved 'Between Shades of Gray'. I expect it'll be full of great characters and will make me cry.


message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (berry_bookish) | 6 comments Do you think I should read Between Shades of Gray before I read Salt to the Sea?


message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Alycia | 2 comments I would recommend reading Between Shades of Gray first. It gives background information about what people were fleeing from. I won't be participating in the BOTM this month because I read it the day it came out lol


message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (berry_bookish) | 6 comments Nicole wrote: "I would recommend reading Between Shades of Gray first. It gives background information about what people were fleeing from. I won't be participating in the BOTM this month because I read it the da..."

Thank you! I'll try and squeeze both in next month :)


message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "I would recommend reading Between Shades of Gray first. It gives background information about what people were fleeing from. I won't be participating in the BOTM this month because I read it the da..."

It's not required to read it first right? I mean, it's not the same characters is it? It's just for background information? Which would be the same as the actual historical events.


message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Alycia | 2 comments No it's not the same characters! You don't have to read it before I would just recommend it. There's lots of talk about the Soviet Army in Salt to the Sea and Between Shades of Gray is about what the Soviets were doing that was causing people to flee.


message 7: by Ana (new)

Ana | 6 comments I'm very excited to start this book. It has such great reviews!!


message 8: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy Expressions (chrissyexpressions) I owned between shades of gray for over a year before I read. I had heard nothing about it and my bf found it at a used book store and got it for me saying I'd like it. And I loved it and months later it was all over Instagram. I am very excited to read another book by this author and to see if it will have the same side effects on me. Unfortunately I'm the 9th person waiting on it from my library


message 9: by Ana (new)

Ana | 6 comments Hi everyone! I'm about 100 pages into this book and love it so far. What are some of your thoughts on it?


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Ana wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm about 100 pages into this book and love it so far. What are some of your thoughts on it?"

I'm about 100 pages in too! I was flying through it. I'm not really sure how I feel yet - it's kind of all of the place for me and I'm not finding a good "groove". If that makes sense.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "No it's not the same characters! You don't have to read it before I would just recommend it. There's lots of talk about the Soviet Army in Salt to the Sea and Between Shades of Gray is about what t..."

Oh ok, cool lol I'm about 100 pages in. I mean, I know a bit about the history, so I think I'm good without reading the other book first. Let's hope at least!


back to top