AVA Volkssport Readers discussion

Hi New Members/ Introduce Yourselves

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (new)

Diana S Please feel free to jump right in and tell us a little bit about yourself.

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy (joy-la) | 14 comments I'm from the Seattle area and I love both walking and reading, so this sounds like a fun site!

message 3: by Diana S (last edited May 05, 2014 02:49PM) (new)

Diana S Hi Joy
Welcome to our group! :)

Happy Reading! and Happy Walking!

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn King | 1 comments I'm from East Tennessee, and I'm much like Joy. I like both activities.

message 5: by Diana S (last edited May 08, 2014 05:07PM) (new)

Diana S Hi Kathryn,
Welcome to our group! :)

message 6: by Darrell (last edited May 08, 2014 03:28PM) (new)

Darrell Neily | 10 comments I read print books, Kindle books and audiobooks. I like the ability to enjoy audiobooks while driving to or from volkswalks, and on my daily fitness runs. I avoid listening to audiobooks or music on volkswalks ... volkswalks are too special.

message 7: by Diana S (last edited May 08, 2014 05:08PM) (new)

Diana S Hi Darrell,
Welcome to our group!

message 8: by Roxie (new)

Roxie Weaver | 7 comments I'm from Michigan and I enjoy walking, traveling and reading. I like all formats of books and enjoy using them all.

message 9: by Diana S (new)

Diana S Hi Roxie,
Welcome to our group!

Happy Walking! and Happy Reading!

message 10: by Rob (new)

Rob (dollar_farmer) | 1 comments I'm from Michigan and am a member of the Washtenaw Wanderers Volksport club. I am the husband of Roxie who also just joined this group. Walking and reading are two of my favorite pastimes. I like mysteries and other fiction and try to read a variety of novels and short stories. Occasionally I will read non fiction if the subject interests me. I learned about this goodreads group from the AVA newsletter.

message 11: by Diana S (new)

Diana S Hi Rob,
Welcome to the group! Hooray, so glad to hear that you found out about our group in the newsletter. :) I hope you and Roxie nominate a book for a July group read.

message 12: by Leroy (last edited Dec 07, 2021 05:33PM) (new)

Leroy Hurt | 1 comments Leroy Hurt here. I'm delighted to be part of the group! I live in Northport, Alabama, which is across the river from U of Alabama. Besides spoiling grandchildren and supporting my church and community, I teach Nordic walking. I enjoy material related to walking and how to make walking a great experience.

When walking, I enjoy listening to espionage/adventure thrillers. Generally, anything with a strong forward narrative flow rather than an analytical structure tends to hold my attention more effectively.