it's personal discussion

Journals Archived > ƇαтнєɗяαƖѕ ιη Mу Hєαят: A ʙʟᴏɢ ᴏғ sᴏʀᴛs ʙʏ Nᴀᴛᴀʟʏᴀ/Cᴀᴛᴀsʜᴀ

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Apr 21, 2016 07:26PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Here I talk about my favorite musicals and anime, which are my only fandoms. I love books but I feel more connection to anime and theater characters (anyone with me?).
Sonya Schuyler ~ Catasha Pawstova
Female - Christian - an even number
Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 - Hetalia - ARIA - Hamilton
Chinese - Japanese

Vegetable Tempura - Pizza Margherita - Fried noodles
Ships: HAMILSONYA, PHILITASHA, ANGELIBURR, ALAIKA

~*Proud Dave Malloy fangirl*~

message 2: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 03, 2016 05:58PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Tʜᴇʀᴇ·s ᴀ Wᴀʀ Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ....

(view spoiler)

The Hamilton Tag (from jonasalmostfamous on youtube)

1) How did you find out about Hamilton? The New York Times, the youtube suggestion bar. Oh, and it helped that Phillipa Soo is in it. Note the profile pic.
2) Favorite Character? HOW IS THAT A QUESTION?!
3) Character you would want to play? If I were a guy, King George or maybe Lafayette. I'dkind of like to play Eliza but I think I'm better suited to Angelica
4) Favorite song to listen to? Wait for it, Satisfied, Burn
5) Favorite song to sing along with? The Schuyler sisters
6) Part you always mess up when you're singing along? "I asked about his family, did you see his answer? His hands started fidgeting, he looked askance. He's penniless and flying by the seat of his pants!"
7) Can you rap guns and ships? never tried
8) Which cast member would you most want to meet? HOW IS THAT A QUESTION?!
9) Have you seen the show? No.
10) Have you read the book? Someday I will
11) Favorite line in the show? Let me think
12)Five words to describe the show? Same as twelve

message 4: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Mar 07, 2016 10:27AM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Today.
Oddly enough, I haven't written in a journal for like five years because it's really pointless for me to write something no one will read. But now I have someone to read it.

I've been listening to sound samples of the album Visitors by Shaina Taub, a singer-songwriter from Brooklyn who played a small part in the original cast of Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 alongside Phillipa Soo, then 23 and just out of Julliard, as Natasha. Shaina's voice isn't the greatest but the music is good. I've heard she's also in the off-broadway show Old Hats.

message 5: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 03, 2016 05:15PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments All the Fandoms I will ever need (view spoiler)

Now, let me talk about the fandom you most likely don't understand....
Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 (Link goes to video).

The reason I talk about it so much is because Phillipa Soo was in it after she got out of Julliard and then it became an off-broadway hit with the theater community so Lin-Manuel Miranda saw it (I'm pretty sure he's a fan) and then the rest is history. It's also in my opinion just as good as Hamilton, but it'd a different kind of show. Hamilton is big and grand and all about here and now, but the Great Comet of 1812 is a smaller show (cast of 20, 24 musical numbers, off-broadway, smaller audience to make room for the tables on which audience members eat while watching the show, etc.) with a more intimate and timeless feel. I honestly like it more because I love Russian history and also it's more obsucure and I like obscure things.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments I also really love the anime series ARIA which I just started watching. It's about gondoliers on a terraformed mars and their cats.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments groups I mod

Nαтнαℓιε Nαŗγѕнĸιɴα Kεℓαм Sƈнσσℓ σғ Bαℓℓεт
Welcome.
If you are here, either you were so good that you received a scholarship or your parents love you enough to pay a a boatload of money to go here. (Your character's parents that is). This is an exclusive dance school founded by former Ballets Russes de Monte Carlo dancer Nathalie Naryshkina Kelam. Dancers who have successfully finished studies here have moved on to companies all over the world. And your character will too. We hope.

Feel free to create a character based off any fandom or your imagination!

Hamilton Fans Unite
A gathering of Hamilton fans of varying degrees of fandom-ness.
I know this is not an original name.
Here is a group for people who like/love/worship the musical Hamilton where we can play games, chat randomly about the musical, related stuff, crossovers with other fandoms, and their other interests, and maybe meet new people. Basically all we do is talk and procrastinate and maybe spam each other
Please join!
Have fun :)

Interdimensional (A Roleplay)

In 2010, a pair of scientists created the Firebird, a device that could take you to a world where alternate choices were made to create a different present. Now, a different team has made the Firebird 2.0, which not only can transcend the different versions of the present but can see the past as well. Little do they know, another device exists in an alternate world where you can not only transcend space, time, and different versions of the present, but you can send yourself to whole other universes. Feel free to request any dimension you want, including a favorite fandom.

Drαmα Cαmp!
Welcome to Redwood Conservatory Theater Musical Theater Intensive Summer camp. Whoever you are, wherever you're from, you're safe here in the redwoods just east of Santa Cruz. You may be anyone from anywhere, no matter what skin color or language. Any character and any number of characters is acceptable. All that matters is, well, Drαmα Cαmp!

Mad About Royal History
A loosely-knit book group that discusses any and all historical books about Royalty. Ironically, it is a democracy and anyone can make a thread if they want to discuss a book.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments from an awesome tumblr (explicit)
purplespacecats:

omg so y’all wanna know what pippa soo did before hamilton? a fucking electropop opera dinner theater adaptation of war & peace

so of course when lin saw it and approached her like “do you wanna be a part of this thing i’m doing? it’s a hip hop musical on the life of alexander hamilton” she was like “yes that sounds reasonable”

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Here's a really pretty cut song from Hamilton. I think it's interesting, especially since we don't see a lot of Angelica in act two https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buDSH...

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments I was just watching this pretty video of Phillipa Soo singing Copland and someone said that she should be Christine (in Phantom of the Opera) and the funny thing is back in the days when she was a 23-year old in the off-Broadway show Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812, someone commented on the video of her singing at the show's CD launch at Barnes and Noble in New York (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXei...) that she should be an Eponine alternate, but then - guess what - she ended up in Hamilton and the rest is history.

I'm listening to this other cut song and I think it's the original version of the duel and I'm realizing that the sound you hear when he aims his pistol at the sky is similar to the noise that happens when Dolokhov's shot misses Pierre in the first act of the Great Comet of 1812.

message 11: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Mar 10, 2016 05:13PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Dave Malloy and Lin Manuel Miranda are proof that God exists. No further elaboration needed.

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status...
Check this out! (strange fangirl screech)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Dave Malloy at Hamilton
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBBscUXJavY/
His wife's name is Eliza and he's a genius who's already written two and a half-some other shows since Great Comet premiered off-broadway in 2012
Why to do you write like you're running out of time?

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Dave Malloy, his wife Eliza and a few others played settlers of Catan!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBwInWjpaq6/

message 15: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited May 25, 2016 06:57PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Phillipa Soo ~ David Abeles
(view spoiler)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments
This winter sky....
How can anyone sleep?
There was never such a night before!

(me at 11 pm last night)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments 6films:

do you ever listen to a song and remember exactly what life was like when you first heard it?

Yes.
Wicked=Yosemite
Lorde=Oregon/may bedroom
The Great Comet of 1812=The Persian restaurant I ate dinner at after listening to the first few songs

message 20: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Mar 27, 2016 12:31PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments ships!
Philitasha (Philip Hamilton +Natasha Rostova
Alexonya (Alexander Hamilton + Sonya Rostova
Angeliburr (Angelica Schuyler + Aaron Burr)

message 21: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Mar 14, 2016 05:17PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments https://youtu.be/uhsTe-hI7G0?t=29s
"I thought you were Asian, aren't you supposed to be smart?"
LOL

message 22: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 03, 2016 05:13PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Today's entry is dedicated to three of the most awesome people I haven't but would like to meet....
Shaina Taub (Old Hats), Dave Malloy (Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812), and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Hamilton)!

Here are three amazing songs they wrote, all performed by Phillipa Soo
Room (Shaina) ~ No One Else (Dave) ~ Burn (Lin-Manuel)

Some of their great quotes/tweets:

"Someone told me today that potato chips are good for your voice and I'm now going to hold this as an absolute truth for as long as I live."
-Shaina

-Dave

"*Lady rolls down her car window at 181st street*
"congrats on HAMLET!"
Me: "I WISH I wrote Hamlet!" Lady:
"Yay HAMLET!" *drives away*"
- Lin

Here are some songs they wrote and performed
"O Luck Outrageous" (Shaina) ~ "Prologue" (Dave) ~ "In the Heights" (Lin-Manuel)

message 23: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 03, 2016 05:12PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments So now there is a clip of rehearsals for Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812's broadway debut, featuring Josh Groban and Denee Benton in the title roles.
http://a-good-friday.tumblr.com/post/...
Since the show itself will not start until November, I can predict there will be a cast album by perhaps next spring or summer.

So since I'm not in the Room where it Happens, I'll have to be satisfied with this thirty-second clip and a video of the man will play Pierre singing Donald Trump tweets.

Fandom aesthetic!

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments https://youtu.be/TH4NIt1OPtQ
an actually good cover, if lacking Pippa's dramatic intensity

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments The Hamilton Tag (from jonasalmostfamous on youtube)

1) How did you find out about Hamilton? The New York Times, the youtube suggestion bar. Oh, and it helped that Phillipa Soo is in it. Note the profile pic.
2) Favorite Character? HOW IS THAT A QUESTION?!
3) Character you would want to play? If I were a guy, King George or maybe Lafayette. I'dkind of like to play Eliza but I think I'm better suited to Angelica
4) Favorite song to listen to? Wait for it, Satisfied, Burn
5) Favorite song to sing along with? The Schuyler sisters
6) Part you always mess up when you're singing along? "I asked about his family, did you see his answer? His hands started fidgeting, he looked askance. He's penniless and flying by the seat of his pants!"
7) Can you rap guns and ships? never tried
8) Which cast member would you most want to meet? HOW IS THAT A QUESTION?!
9) Have you seen the show? No.
10) Have you read the book? Someday I will
11) Favorite line in the show? Let me think
12)Five words to describe the show? Same as eight

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments So I haven't been here in a while because my other journal is in monthly journal spotlight (the formerly emo one)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments I'm finishing the OST of In The Heights and I have way too many feels

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments http://gifmaker.me/files/download/hom...
Natasha fading into the distance. It's a bit jerky

It was destiny.

message 33: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 03, 2016 04:44PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments "We put down in writing what is happening in our minds"
- the ensemble, Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812
Or Hamilton and/or Burr

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 03, 2016 04:39PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments dailyhamiltonasethetic: Today’s Hamilton aesthetic: Oak in awe of the poster for Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812
Image:
(view spoiler)

message 36: by Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (last edited Jun 28, 2016 03:48PM) (new)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments (view spoiler)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments Have any of y'alls heard of Hadestown? A bunch of the Great Comet cast members are in it, so I'm quite intrigued by it. I was image-searching this morning when I found this https://vimeo.com/171723124 and now I'm really interested in Shaina Taub (as if being in a picture with Dave Malloy and Lin-Manuel Miranda wasn't enough to make me interested)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments (view spoiler)

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments http://helene-kuragina.tumblr.com/
where you don't have to search for the great comet posts

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 282 comments http://sonyaoom.tumblr.com/
we all love Sonya. She is Eliza

But Andrey isn't here...
Oh wait, he still isn't,
Andre is here