J.D. Robb discussion

In Death Buddy Reads 2016 - 2021 > Immortal In Death Buddy Read - March 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 294 (294 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Sandra (last edited Mar 01, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10394 comments Mod
We'll begin reading Immortal in Death, In Death #3, March 1. This will become a Spoiler Zone on March 8.

Plot Summary/Synopsis:
She was one of the most sought after women in the world. A top model who would stop at nothing to get what she wanted - even another woman's man. And now she was dead, the victim of a brutal murder. Police Lieutenant Eve Dallas put her life on the line to take the case when the suspicion fell on her best friend, the other woman in the fatal love triangle. Beneath the facade of glamour, Eve found that the world of high fashion thrived on an all-consuming obsession for youth and fame. One that led from the runway to the dark underworld of New York City where the drugs could be found to fulfill any desire - for a price...

Timeline: Approximate start date of June 27 - July 11, 2058

The Many Covers of Immortal In Death

Immortal In Death Map - **NOTE: Spoiler Zone for New Readers - murder victims are identified with names & location of murder sites Immortal In Death Map

Character List:

Eve Dallas
Roarke
Ryan Feeney
Mavis Freestone
Nadine Furst
Galahad
Leonardo
Charlotte Mira
Delia Peabody
Lawrence Summerset
Jack Whitney
Dickie Berenski
Detective Carmichael
Crack
Harrison Tibble
Trina

Minor & Peripheral Characters in spoiler tag to save space:
(view spoiler)

Things we want to compare/contrast from book to book and things we are tracking:

1. Major Events occurring
2. Milestone Moments
3. Character Introduction/Growth/Relationship Development/Impact on Case/Book/Series
4. Mystery/Police Procedural/Case/Villain
5. Eve’s Metaphors
6. Futuristic Elements
7. Candy Thief Shenanigans
8. Deal Breakers

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Immortal In Death - Starting March 1! Are you ready? I know I am!

message 3: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments looking forward to this one

message 4: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Just reread it a couple weekends ago when I my head was throbbing. Can't wait to discuss!

message 5: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 202 comments Looking forward to this book. This will be my first read!!!!

message 6: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 308 comments Ready and waiting:)

message 7: by Tanvi (new)

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 70 comments Yes! This one is the last second-time read for me and then come April, I'll be reading the rest of the series for the first time! So ready for March!

message 8: by Sandra (new)

I'm so excited for all the new readers (as well as my co-"old"-readers). For me, this is a milestone book. I've read it many, many times and yet, can't wait to read it again.

If everyone continues to find themselves finished reading & ready to discuss these books earlier than the 10th, we can move open discussions up to the 8th. For myself, I have committed to making our In Death book my first read of every month so I'm usually ready within the first week. Or we can continue with the 10th - I want everyone to have time to read it...no problem either way. Let's see how March goes. :)

message 9: by Emerson (new)

Emerson Hawthorne | 175 comments Looking forward to continuing my reread of this series.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 214 comments I will be reading this for the first time. I have my library hold in!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2417 comments I'm ready to start reading this one. I have questions that I'm gathering with each book. I'll wait until next week to start so I don't have the urge to ask spoilers before it is time.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments Put in a hold at the library. One person ahead of me :0)

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Coming day after tomorrow! Are you ready?! I sure am!

Immortal In Death - March 1!!

message 14: by Penni (new)

Penni | 813 comments I am looking forward to it, but it probably won't be until the second week of March this month. My life is too crazy right now.

I will join in and soon as I can .

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments My copy came in from the library today so I'll start Tuesday.

message 16: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 202 comments I have the book on hold at the library. Hopefully will start by end of next week.

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2417 comments I'm ready. Is there a Mr. & Mrs Roarke in the future?

message 18: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 715 comments I have ordered the book from the library and am waiting for it eagerly. I hope it comes very soon! It will be my first time reading.

message 19: by Sandra (new)

Can.Not.Wait. LOL! Even after reading it several times, I get goosebumps thinking about this one. Join in as soon as you can. This will become a Spoiler Zone on the 10th. Lots to talk about with Immortal!

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2332 comments I'll start later. Like Sharon I hate waiting to ask my questions. And btw I think moving spoiler zone to the 8 might help. But no one else said something so I leave it in your hands Sandra. Either way I ready.

message 21: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 518 comments will start tonight

message 22: by Sandra (new)

Michelle wrote: "I'll start later. Like Sharon I hate waiting to ask my questions. And btw I think moving spoiler zone to the 8 might help. But no one else said something so I leave it in your hands Sandra. Either ..."

I agree - it works for me because I'm reading the In Death br book first each month. I'm not sure about others.

message 23: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 202 comments Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I'll start later. Like Sharon I hate waiting to ask my questions. And btw I think moving spoiler zone to the 8 might help. But no one else said something so I leave it in your hand..."

I'm waiting for the book from my library. So I can't read it just yet. Waiting until the 10th or the 8th would be good before this thread becomes a spoiler zone.
This is my first time reading it and I would definitely love to participate in the discussions.

message 24: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 308 comments Starting now! It's ten o clock Tuesday morning here in Aussie:)

message 25: by Bella (new)

Bella Irmenna (goodreadscombellairmenna) | 1 comments just finished reread this for the second time, cannot wait for the discussion!!!!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments I've started and am already 1/3 in. These are such quick reads.

When I saw (view spoiler)

Anyone else think that (view spoiler)

message 27: by Sandra (new)

Yes and Yes Lauren! lol

Let's go with the 8th as our open discussion date. These are fast reads and like everyone else, I hate holding my questions/discussions until later. So -

on the 8th of March - this is a Spoiler Zone!

message 28: by Emerson (new)

Emerson Hawthorne | 175 comments Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "Yes and Yes Lauren! lol

Let's go with the 8th as our open discussion date. These are fast reads and like everyone else, I hate holding my questions/discussions until later. So -

on the 8th of Ma..."

Sounds great! I just started last night. The initial meeting with Leonardo is hilarious.

message 29: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13391 comments Mod
Emerson wrote: "Sounds great! I just started last night. The initial meeting with Leonardo is hilarious...."

I laughed out loud at that scene!

message 30: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne | 308 comments I finished it too. I had forgotten how dramatic this one is for Eve personally. It can be very hard to read when you have tears in your eyes! The words go all blurry:)

message 31: by Lauren (last edited Mar 02, 2016 09:39AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments Up to chapter 10 (not including):

(view spoiler) is getting on my nerves. There is something smarmy about him!

Summerset - (view spoiler)
Eve's memory - (view spoiler)

message 32: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "Up to chapter 10 (not including):

[spoilers removed] is getting on my nerves. There is something smarmy about him!

Summerset - [spoilers removed]It's heartbreaking reading about the awful abuse s..."

Completely agree!

message 33: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Lauren wrote: "Up to chapter 10 (not including):

[spoilers removed] is getting on my nerves. There is something smarmy about him!

Summerset - [spoilers removed]It's heartbreaking reading about the awful abuse s..."

I miss reading In Death for the first time. But at the same time, I love seeing others people's response to the characters and the story in their first reading!

I wasn't a fan of Casto either. Especially when (view spoiler).

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments Up to chapter 14 (not including):

Eve's nightmare - (view spoiler)

message 35: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "Up to chapter 14 (not including):

Eve's nightmare - I am SO glad that Eve killed her father. Yes, I'm a bloodthirsty vigilante when it comes to child molesters! I hope he suffered greatly! I love..."

Yes, this is when I started falling for Roarke. And, yes, (view spoiler)

message 36: by Susan (new)

Susan (cruelshoes) | 518 comments will start tonight and then come back

message 37: by Sandra (new)

Just a reminder that we can start discussing without spoiler tags on March 8. Looking forward to the discussion. Less than a week away! :)

message 38: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 202 comments I still don't have this book :((

message 39: by Sandra (new)

Aw sorry Namz! Are you on the waiting list at your library? How many are in front of you?

message 40: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 202 comments Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "Aw sorry Namz! Are you on the waiting list at your library? How many are in front of you?"

I'm next in line but it's not fast enough for me...lol

message 41: by Sandra (new)

I hear ya! I always feel the same way. Hopefully soon, Namz. You're going to love this one!

message 42: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 202 comments Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥ wrote: "I hear ya! I always feel the same way. Hopefully soon, Namz. You're going to love this one!"

*sobbing* I'm #2 in line......uuughhh

message 43: by Laura (new)

Laura | 214 comments I'm next in line too

message 44: by Vera (new)

Vera M. | 446 comments Quynh wrote:I miss reading In Death for the first time. But at the same time, I love seeing others people's response to the characters and the story in their first reading!

Oh me too!! It's so great to reread, but I do miss the first time and seeing the development with fresh eyes. It's so nice to be able to discuss in this group and see others with their fresh perspective with no knowledge of where everything goes already, as well as reread and catching more things in the 2nd or more times through! And I will get to this for a reread and join in, probably middle of the month.

message 45: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 944 comments I'm done.

(view spoiler)

The killer - (view spoiler)

message 46: by Jonetta (new)

You're really good, Lauren. (view spoiler)

message 47: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments (view spoiler)

message 48: by Sara Kate (new)

Sara Kate (sarakate1509) I'll be starting this as soon as I finish my current audio, so I'll probably get to it by tomorrow.

message 49: by Sandra (new)

That's cool, SK! Open discussions start on the 8th. I'm holding my thoughts/questions/discussion until then.

message 50: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Quynh wrote: "Lauren wrote: "Up to chapter 10 (not including):

Summerset - [spoilers removed]It's heartbreaking reading about th..."

Love Roarke's reaction to that though!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6