UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Book Recommendations > Merzougaville, Baby

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (new)

Ian Ayris | 473 comments Blimey, it's been a while since I've been back here. Great to see so many familiar names :)

Hope everyone is keeping well.

As a first drop in for ages, just wondered if anyone had read Stu's Merzougaville, Baby. I had the pleasure of editing the book, and it is something very special.

Will promise to drop in more frequently. Been through a bit of a time these last couple of years, but things have settled down now.

Don't know what else to say.

Just great to be back :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hi Ian! Lovely to see you!

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments And I proofed it! Yep, it was totally, terrifically Stu! I'm glad to hear he's on the mend now.

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Ayris | 473 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Hi Ian! Lovely to see you!"

Thank you, Patti :) [blushes]

Back from a horrendous divorce, having two weeks notice of moving out of my own home, living in two rooms at my mum and dad's with my three lovely kids, my wages cut in half at work . . . but have ended up happier than ever - a lovely house, a lovely girlfriend, the kids all happy, and finally finished the sequel to Abide With Me :)

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian Ayris | 473 comments Kath wrote: "And I proofed it! Yep, it was totally, terrifically Stu! I'm glad to hear he's on the mend now."

He was a bit rough a couple of weeks back when we popped round, Kath. But he's proper on the mend now :) Will soon be back writing again, I suspect :)

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hey Ian, lovely to see you back and glad all is good with you now xx

message 7: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25063 comments You've had a rough patch of your own, then. Glad you can see the light again. x

message 8: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments Yeesh, good to hear things are looking up again for you :o)

Glad to hear Stu is doing better too, poor guy.

message 9: by B J (new)

B J Burton (bjburton) | 2914 comments Hi, Ian. Sorry, only just spotted this thread, but my belated answer to your question is yes, I've read Merzougaville, Baby. As is usually the case with Stu's books, it left me with a collection of vivid images. In particular, I still smile when I think of the macaque, in his Napoleon uniform, leading his macaque army.

message 10: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2668 comments And I'm back in the game! Come on!