Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

She
This topic is about She
Bulletin Board > Question For Readers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Kummer | 115 comments I couldn't figure out how to add a poll here on the website (wasn't allowed, I guess), so instead I'll ask it on here. Share this with your friends so us authors can know what is more convenient for you -the readers- in the whole 'buying books' ordeal.

Q:
When is the best time for you to buy a book (taking into account paychecks, everyday life, etc.) ?

(Choose all that apply)

a) Beginning of month
b) Middle of month
c) End of month

d) Beginning of week (Sunday - Monday)
e) Middle of week (Tuesday - Thursday
f) End of week (Friday - Saturday)

g) Doesn't matter

Hopefully this will help us adapt to your schedules better :)

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic | 1043 comments Considering that commercial vendors usually sell books seven days a week in brick and mortar stores and 24/7 on-line and the relatively low price for most books, I would think the answer would be "G" - "Doesn't matter" for practically everyone.

David Kummer | 115 comments That's a good point. I was just wondering if people had a preference or a time when they have more money.

message 4: by Grace (new) - added it

Grace Crandall | 108 comments I usually go into a book-buying frenzy right after my paycheck arrives, but my paychecks don't come on any kind of schedule, so there's no definite preference there. I'd guess that most people get paid on Friday in the middle of the month, though, so there might be more buyers around that time :)

David Kummer | 115 comments Awesome :) I figured that was the case, because that's what I do. That's good to know.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy "G" works for me, David. As for money, it's more about how much the book costs as opposed to how much money I have meaning I won't necessarily spend more on a book just because I have a few extra bucks.

David Kummer | 115 comments That makes sense, and that's a good way to save money. Props to you. I'll keep that in mind when I price my books.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Best of luck to you, David!

David Kummer | 115 comments Same to you, Sandy ! May you find ever wonderful books (lol)

message 10: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) | 123 comments At Christmas I usually get gift cards and usually use them for books after the beginning of the New Year. However, I have to work my schedule around my family's so I guess my choice would be: G.

message 11: by Gina (new)

Gina (girlafraid1991) | 8 comments I would have to say G when it comes to buying just one book but if I want to buy a large amount of books at once I usually will wait till Christmas, my birthday or some special occasion when I know I will have more money.

However, I will say that most of the books I have bought have probably been on weekends because that is when I am not working and have time to browse Goodreads/Amazon for books I am interested in buying or go to a physical bookstore.

David Kummer | 115 comments P.I.- That makes a lot of sense. Christmas does normally bring a boost in book's sold. So does Valentine's Day, for the romance genre anyways, but that's a different reason. Thanks for the feedback!

Gina- That's what I expected to hear more of was that weekends are a better time. That's when I've bought most of mine, at least from a physical bookstore, like you said. On Amazon, I just buy whenever whatever.