General > Questions/Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by dyanne (new)

dyanne | 115 comments Mod
Fire away.

message 2: by dyanne (new)

okay so i don't wanna get too into the supernatural realm of angels and demons but there could definitely spells that summon, say, dead people and souls and whanot?

message 3: by dyanne (new)

no, i'm afraid not. monsters and "demon" like creatures can be birthed through creation powers gone awry, but i think that's the closest it's gonna get

message 4: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) | 48 comments if magic is inherited through blood, it's feasible for of two children, one to be normal and one to be a magician, or for magic to skip generations, or for powers to become less strong the further away from the lineage of the magician the generations get, correct?

message 5: by dyanne (new)

oui oui

message 6: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) | 48 comments gracias

message 7: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 35 comments Is there a particular age or something that magicians tend to start showing magical abilities? Or is it sort of a from-birth kind of thing? imagine a tiny toddler resurrecting the dead

message 8: by dyanne (new)

jac; no, i'm afraid not. appearance-wise, they look normal enough (unless they dyed their hair/wear contacts/etc. or whatnot)

evan; it really is case-by-case although most show small, uncontrollable signs of it while still v young (esp telepathy/psychic powers) there are some that don't truly manifest their powers until they actually start training. that can and definitely has happened before

message 9: by dyanne (new)

jac; oh, also if they have illusion manipulation and/or transmutation or know spells/potions,etc. or just have some power which allows them to turn things into other things or make things look like other things they can also magically change their appearance even if it's not present from birth

message 10: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) So...idk if I'm blind or something lol but i was wondering what the template requirements are? I don't think I've seen a post detailing what you want in the templates anywhere?

message 11: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) *facedesk* see I knew I was blind lol XD

message 12: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) XD haha I won't, I just feel silly now lol

message 13: by Evan (new)

Evan (evanny) | 35 comments Outside of Aleister, is magic a pretty commonly known thing? Or do people try to keep it kind of secret?

message 14: by dyanne (new)

It's very hush hush-- ofc, there are those that know, usually by affiliation of some sort but the government has had a very rocky relationship with magicians since the beginning of time and so these magical hotspots are the only places where magicians don't have to hide their powers and/or use them discreetly

message 15: by corina (last edited Feb 27, 2016 06:01PM) (new)

corina (molteneyes) | 48 comments is there an official channel through which some of the magicians go in order to get to aleister? like some sort of exchange program or something? or do they all just kinda show up?

message 16: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) | 48 comments alsooooo.... approximate geographic location? I know virginia, but that's a pretty big state. I've just been assuming appalachia...

message 17: by dyanne (new)

Everyone with magic has a natural sort of... inclination to magical hotspots. While general locations are common knowledge passed on from generation to generation, as you get closer to magical hotspots, it becomes easier to instinctually track it, almost like a magnetic sort of attraction tugging your closer. It's also very easy for magicians to discern whether they've reached the hotspot. Some describe it as taking a breath of fresh air after being submerged under water, others describe it something akin to unpopping your ears after getting off of the airplane, some says its this warm feeling which spreads out from your chest.

There are also loose local networks of magicians which map out these hotspots and devote their lives to studying magic energy and all that fun stuff but nothing too organized and as they are very underground and lowkey, unless you go out explicitly looking for it or are directly connected in some way (through family, friends, etc), it's basically impossible to just stumble across these unofficial channels.

message 18: by dyanne (new)

hmmm i've always thought inland, kind of southeast near Roanoke?

message 19: by corina (new)

corina (molteneyes) | 48 comments
aight, thanks!

so right on the edge of appalachia, gotcha

message 20: by sucre'd fiend (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 39 comments okay so like
what exactly is the limit of powers for the magicians?

message 21: by dyanne (new)

magicians at this age (still training) are still relatively weak. it takes not only talent but practice to become good at anything, no matter how much raw power you have, so most can only hold their powers for a limited time span (anywhere from 2 seconds to 4 minutes) and those with mental or innate powers spend their entire lives discerning voices, visions, etc. for every magician at this stage, deliberate magical displays (save mind reading and precognition) take immense effort and concentration unless they have been born into a magical family which went out of their way to teach them to harness said power.

idk if that made any sense whatsoever so if you have any further questions feel free to ask

message 22: by dyanne (new)

oh ofc there are things that happen by accident-- necromancy and transmutation and creation are usually found out by accidents which may or may not have harmed (both mentally and/or physically) others-- and most physical displays of power kind of... leak out. so I guess the key word here is deliberate, because all sorts of odd things can happen without the magician consciously willing it to happen.

message 23: by KT (last edited Mar 13, 2016 02:03PM) (new)

KT (queenlykt) Would it be possible for a Necromancer to be immortal? Or at least impervious to old age and diseases and natural causes of death etc. since they do control the dead.
And follow up, if yes, would it be possible to have a hella old Necromancer here as a resident? by hella old I mean like thousands of years btw

message 24: by dyanne (new)

No, I'm afraid not. Because necromancers do control the dead, but have no control over the living, they are not in any way impervious to old age or disease. In fact, necromancers are notorious for dying rather early because witch hunts and prejudice against them even within the magical community leads to many violent confrontations, suicides, not to mention an overuse of power eventually does drain one's on life source. Sorry 'bout that. :/

However, there have been cases of healers (abjuration) living hundreds of years, for there are situations where a super powerful healer is able to heal themselves constantly throughout the centuries and so sustain their life far longer than that of a mortal, although they continue to age in miniscule increments.

message 25: by ash. (new)

ash. This might be a dumb question; but how do you guys do spaces in between pictures so their not touching each other?

DemiDragon ~ [semi hiatus] ~ I still dream in indigo when you're around Question, I didn't see it anywhere else but I totally could have just missed it... Are anime fc's allowed?

message 27: by dyanne (new)

❝ ashley wrote: "This might be a dumb question; but how do you guys do spaces in between pictures so their not touching each other?"

i use a white square image and reformat it so that it fits too look something like this <.img src=.http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/u.... width=4 height=1.> (remove the periods)

message 28: by dyanne (new)

DemiDragon~[semi hiatus]~ Love is brightest in the dark. wrote: "Question, I didn't see it anywhere else but I totally could have just missed it... Are anime fc's allowed?"

I'm afraid not. Please keep your fcs human!

ѠĤĪƬƐ FĿΛMƐ | 3 comments But what if human pic fc are your cryptonite?