What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fever Dream(s) from the 1980s [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 2 comments Hi, I read this book in 1989 or 90. A rock journalist follows a band planning a reunion tour.
During the time, he flashes back to his younger years, his car he named Daydream.
The band's lead singer is dead; manager hires a kid to replace him and the band members are mad.
Someone is nicknamed Hobbit.
The drummer is known for throwing the drumsticks higher than anyone else and never missing them.
There are so many books with this title, I can't track it down. And of course, I may be mistaken about the title. If you recall the book, the author, the title, please let me know.
Thanks!

message 2: by Andy (last edited Feb 22, 2016 01:42PM) (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments This is "Armageddon Rag" by George R. R. Martin The Armageddon Rag (oddly enough, Martin did write a book called "Fevre Dream" too). I loved this book, but apparently it didn't sell well, leading Martin to shift into epic fantasy...

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 2 comments WAIT! I've been blowing past that title because "I know it can't be THAT guy!"

Armeggedon Rag. There was the parody song at the beginning, to the tune of all in the family's Those were the Days.

You've saved my sanity.

Thanks, Andy!

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments You're very welcome.