Support for Indie Authors discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Marketing No New Posts > twitter (again!)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colin (new)

Colin Lever | 51 comments So now I have mastered Twitter (LOL) I decided that, seeing as few people are interested in having a twitter exchange I thought I would use the medium to explore my own creativity & perhaps engage a few folk into the bargain. I do promote my material but as a link to the other items. To attract folk I have odd words with an for people to guess their meaning (e.g acephalous). I had a go at twitterfiction (with an image) but this is hard to sustain on a daily basis. It starts to take over your life! I use quotes from writers (with the requisite image). Is anybody willing to share what they do to engage followers? I wondered whether a couple of these would be fun for us Indie authors to do?

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon Nikrich (jon_nikrich) | 9 comments I originally joined Twitter as way to promote my work. That didn't work out, or maybe I was doing it wrong. Instead I ended up connected to a wonderful collection of indie writers. I enjoy following their struggles and successes and stories. Whenever I access it now, I routinely forget to promote my own work, but maybe that's OK. I still find value in using Twitter, just not as I originally intended.

message 3: by Riley, Viking Extraordinaire (new)

Riley Amos Westbrook (sonshinegreene) | 1510 comments Mod
Colin wrote: "So now I have mastered Twitter (LOL) I decided that, seeing as few people are interested in having a twitter exchange I thought I would use the medium to explore my own creativity & perhaps engage ..."

Already a topic for this. Lots of info here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.