Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Everything eBooks!! > Kindle Book Lend

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments For those of us with Kindles, here is a place where you can ask to borrow and freely lend the books you own on your Kindle. For now, it is only for Kindle, however, it may grow to include other e-readers. (No offense intended.)

You will have to get each other's email addresses. Then you go to Amazon and proceed to lend a book.

You can use this forum to request books, again Kindle versions only for now, and see if other members have the book you wish to borrow.

For instance, I want to read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Melanie says she has it and lends it to me via Amazon. I will receive an email saying, "A Loaned Book for You." Click the link and you get the book for 2 weeks. Now, while I have Melanie's book "checked out," she cannot access the book. So, make sure you aren't planning on reading the book right away prior to lending the books. We want to come across as being helpful and kind, not pushy.

The book will automatically "return" to the lender at the end of the checkout period.

For more information: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...

You can only lend one time per "eligible" book. Which is a drag but it does make sense; Amazon is a for-profit outfit!

Now, start lending and borrowing!! :D

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9751 comments Mod
I have a "Kindle to Loan" shelf. Not all my books are on there, but it's a start :)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 3: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments That's great Melanie! I didn't even think of that!! THANKS!

message 4: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments I'm looking to borrow Becoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer Moore Becoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer Moore .

If anyone has it and wouldn't mind me borrowing it, please let me know...thanks in advance!! : )

message 5: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

I don't have it... :(

message 6: by Maria Clara (new)

Maria Clara (mclara) Bess wrote: "I'm looking to borrow Becoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer MooreBecoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer Moore.

If anyone has it and wouldn't mind me borrowing it, please let me know...thanks in advanc..."

I do! And it is one of my favorites :)
I'll be happy to lend it to you

message 7: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Okay, my email address is : TUR8LS@GMAIL.COM; if I could borrow it, I'd be so happy!! It's been on my wish list for almost 2 years. I just can't see paying $10+ for it! lol

message 8: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Melanie wrote: "I don't have it... :("

thank you Melanie. Do you go by Mel or Melanie?

message 9: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Either is fine. :)

message 10: by Maria Clara (new)

Maria Clara (mclara) Bess wrote: "Okay, my email address is : TUR8LS@GMAIL.COM; if I could borrow it, I'd be so happy!! It's been on my wish list for almost 2 years. I just can't see paying $10+ for it! lol"

Oh I'm sorry Bess! But it isn't available to loan :(

message 11: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Oh, that's the worst! Oh, well...thanks anyway!! :D

message 12: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1302 comments Does anyone have Under a Blackberry Moon (Michigan Northwoods, #3) by Serena B. Miller that I could borrow?

message 13: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Sarita, I don't own that one! :D

message 14: by Sarita (new)

Sarita | 1302 comments Bess wrote: "Sarita, I don't own that one! :D"

Thanks for checking ☺

message 15: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments You are most welcome!! : )

message 16: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Does anyone have any of these books?? :)

Blade Silver Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) by Melody Carlson Faded Denim Color Me Trapped (TrueColors, #9) by Melody Carlson Burnt Orange Color Me Wasted (TrueColors, #5) by Melody Carlson Pitch Black Color Me Lost (True Colors, #4) by Melody Carlson Harsh Pink Color Me Burned (TrueColors, #12) by Melody Carlson Fool's Gold Color Me Consumed (TrueColors, #6) by Melody Carlson Bitter Rose Color Me Crushed (TrueColors, #8) by Melody Carlson Moon White Color Me Enchanted (TrueColors, #11) by Melody Carlson

message 17: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Just saw this...I don't Mel!!

message 18: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments They are expensive too! :D

message 19: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Thanks, Bess! I ended up ordering them from the library. :)

message 20: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments Great option! I find that my local libraries have more than I gave them credit for initially!

message 21: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments and a lot of libraries have more and more ebooks now.

message 22: by Bess (new)

Bess | 2583 comments You are correct Dawn! I'm so surprised by the selections at my local branches.

message 23: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Smith (countrysunset) | 49 comments Hello everyone, I would like to ask if anyone might have a copy of Winter Street by Elin Hildebrand that I could borrow. Thank you in advance to anyone who might be able to help me out.

message 24: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (bethanycathrynrose) Bess wrote: "For those of us with Kindles, here is a place where you can ask to borrow and freely lend the books you own on your Kindle. For now, it is only for Kindle, however, it may grow to include other e-r..."

If you have the Amazon Kindle App on your PC does that count?

message 25: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 1180 comments yes. according to Amazon all you need is an Amazon account.

message 26: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (bethanycathrynrose) Dawn wrote: "yes. according to Amazon all you need is an Amazon account."

Ok, great! Thanks :)

message 27: by Bethany (new)

Bethany (bethanycathrynrose) Does anybody have these books to lend me: Rye Royal by Malcolm Saville , Grace Triumphant A Tale of the Slave Trade by Alicia A. Willis , The Silver Shawl (Mrs. Meade Mysteries #1) by Elisabeth Grace Foley or The Old River Road (Long Lake Legacy, #1) by Ivy Rose ?

message 28: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Wilson (C_E_Wilson) | 8 comments I can lend out my copy of Baqash to anyone who will write a review on Amazon and copy it over to Goodreads. Please message me if interested.

>
Sarah sat at the feet of her friend Joseph. He was an old wizened man with wispy tufts of gray hair. He leaned forward in the rocking chair and whispered to her, "be prepared".

"Be prepared for what", she wondered. Sarah took off her ball-cap and ran her fingers through her chopped at red hair. Her parents were taken away from her, she and many of the faithful absconded
into this 1890’s house, and the future looked bleaker than the past.

As for the past? The world-wide earthquake took that away first. And then hail and fire destroyed hope. A burning star fell from the sky, broke upon impact, and poisoned a third of all drinkable water. What grieved her heart most was that the stars in the sky were taken away. At night you could go out and never see a single one because of the dust and ash that was cast into the heavens. When was the last
time she’d seen a clear sky?

Amidst all of this she had a dream, a dream of the man she would marry. One simple question plagued her: "How am I supposed to find him?"
<

Baqash https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZM6CUH/...

message 29: by English (new)

English  (english_lady) | 31 comments Just posting on here as I have a copy of 'She Walks in Power' the new Medieval fantasy Romance by Marylu Tyndall available for lending.

She Walks in Power (Protectors of the Spear #1) by MaryLu Tyndall

Books can only be loaned out once, so its first come first served.

message 30: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

anna wrote: "Just posting on here as I have a copy of 'She Walks in Power' the new Medieval fantasy Romance by Marylu Tyndall available for lending.

She Walks in Power (Protectors of the Spear #1) by MaryLu Tyndall

Books can only be ..."

How awesome! I love her books. :))