CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2016 Weekly Threads > Week 8- What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (last edited Feb 22, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

Joanna | 710 comments Mod
What is everyone reading this week? I'm still working my way through Monuments Men and Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company. One day, I will finish those two books. Have you ever had a book like that? One where you enjoy it, but it just takes you forever to read it?

The Monuments Men Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves, and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M. Edsel Star Wars Battlefront Twilight Company (Star Wars) by Alexander Freed

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 452 comments Since I last posted, I've read After the War is Over by Jennifer Robson (very good), Indirect Lines by Dana Marie Bell (a friend of mine, very funny), Cater Street Hangman and Callander Square by Anne Perry, Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb, and The Dirt on Ninth Grave by Darynda Jones (awesome series, can't wait to see what she does next). I'm now reading Death at Wentwater Court by Carola Dunn. I'll probably read my Dewey challenge book next. :)
After the War Is Over by Jennifer Robson Indirect Lines (Halle Shifters, #5) by Dana Marie Bell The Cater Street Hangman (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #1) by Anne Perry Callander Square (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #2) by Anne Perry Brotherhood in Death (In Death, #42) by J.D. Robb The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9) by Darynda Jones Death at Wentwater Court (Daisy Dalrymple, #1) by Carola Dunn Rising Strong by Brené Brown

message 3: by Rekesha (new)

Rekesha | 45 comments Mod
I'm currently reading The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir and Murder in the Queen's Garden by Amanda Carmack. I am also listening to To Shield the Queen by Fiona Buckley.

The Lady in the Tower The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir Murder in the Queen's Garden (Elizabethan Mysteries, #3) by Amanda Carmack To Shield the Queen (Ursula Blanchard, #1) by Fiona Buckley

message 4: by J (last edited Feb 24, 2016 10:09AM) (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
I am currently reading Dennis Wilson: The Real Beach Boy, The Beach Quilt, Ghosts of Virginia's Tidewater, and Pretty Little Liars Heartless.

Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7) by Sara Shepard Ghosts of Virginia's Tidewater by L.B. Taylor Jr. The Beach Quilt by Holly Chamberlin Dennis Wilson The Real Beach Boy by Jon Stebbins

ETA: Just finished Heartless and Dennis Wilson: The Real Beach Boy

message 5: by Justine (last edited Feb 23, 2016 10:13AM) (new)

Justine (jaimelinus0316) I'm slowly reading The Green Mile and about to start The Circus Fire (a great stumble-upon when I was walking down the nonfiction aisle on my way to somewhere else). I need to catch up on my pick-up log - I haven't done any yet! I fell too far behind last year and had to drop out.

The Green Mile by Stephen King The Circus Fire A True Story of an American Tragedy by Stewart O'Nan

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 452 comments Let me know what you think of the Circus Fire. I might have to read it, if it's well written. I'd be interested to see what he says about it. I read a children's book about the fire years ago. And I was told that my father's half-sister was at that circus performance.