YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team H (Medium)- Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ❤ Aly ❤ (last edited Feb 25, 2016 09:41AM) (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Team H Chat

Team H Members:
Katrina ✔
Victoria ✔
Aly ✔
Jessica ✔
Rachael✔

All checked in!

message 2: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Points per letter:

(1 point)-A, E, I, O, U, L, N, S, T, R.
(2 points)-D, G.
(3 points)-B, C, M, P.
(4 points)-F, H, V, W, Y.
(5 points)-K.
(8 points)- J, X.
(10 points)-Q, Z.

Letter frequency = A×9, B ×2, C ×2, D ×4, E ×12, F ×2, G ×3, H ×2, I ×9, J ×1, K ×1, L ×4, M ×2, N ×6, O ×8, P ×2, Q ×1, R ×6, S ×4, T ×6, U ×4, V ×2, W ×2, X ×1, Y ×2, Z ×1, blank ×2

message 3: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Please check in :)

Also if anyone has any ideas on how to track the letters please let me know. I would like to be pretty organized, but I don't want to pick a way to keep track that nobody likes.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Checking in! I have an idea for tracking, but won't be able to work on it until the weekend. If someone else has an idea before then, by all means, go with it!

message 5: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "Checking in! I have an idea for tracking, but won't be able to work on it until the weekend. If someone else has an idea before then, by all means, go with it!"

Thanks Jessica. I have some thoughts as well, but I wanted to get other opinions.

message 6: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm here!

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Hey! I actually don't really understand the rules all that well. Just to see if I have a good grasp - we can use whatever letter? Like, if I'm reading through The Lunar Chronicles, as a team - we can use C twice?

message 8: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments From what I understand, you can't use any letter. It has to be the first letter of the title of the book, so if you're referring to Cinder and Cress, then yes that would work. But it can't be from the series name. Then after that we couldn't use any other books that start with the letter C.

message 9: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 10: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments I also have changed a couple things around since I posted the link. Please let me know your thoughts.

message 11: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Also let me know if it should be more detailed. I tried to go simple and easy to read\figure out.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Aly wrote: "I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/......"

I love it! This is an awesome spreadsheet.

message 13: by ❤ Aly ❤ (last edited Feb 24, 2016 08:56PM) (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "Aly wrote: "I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

Thanks Jessica! So it makes sense? I was trying to be organized and visual. Plus I didn't want it to be really hard to look at the planned sheet so that's why I made each letter different colors (with a color pattern).

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Aly wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Aly wrote: "I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

Makes sense to me! The only thing I might add is a page for the planned book titles (but that would just be so I could keep it straight in my head which books I want to read).

message 15: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "Aly wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Aly wrote: "I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

Noted. I understand where you are coming from.

message 16: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Katrina wrote: "From what I understand, you can't use any letter. It has to be the first letter of the title of the book, so if you're referring to Cinder and Cress, then yes that would work. But it can't be from ..."

Oh, okay! I definitely get it then.

@Aly: The spreadsheet looks good!

message 17: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "Aly wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Aly wrote: "I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

Can you take a look at the sheet that I added? Is that enough information? Feel free to add more.

The sheet I just added is "Planned Reads"

message 18: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Victoria wrote: "Katrina wrote: "From what I understand, you can't use any letter. It has to be the first letter of the title of the book, so if you're referring to Cinder and Cress, then yes that would work. But i..."

Thanks Victoria!

message 19: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments If anyone wants to add anything to the sheet, feel free :)

message 20: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments It looks great Aly!

message 21: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Thanks Katrina!!

message 22: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Hi guys! Sorry I'm so late.. But I'm here and I'm ready to read!

message 23: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Aly wrote: "I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

That is an AWESOME spread sheet!! I say we use it

message 24: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Rachael wrote: "Aly wrote: "I made this spreadsheet. Could you ladies look at it and see if it makes sense and if it works for you?

Thanks Rachael!!

Welcome to Team H!

message 25: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I'm going to log my planned buddy reads in there and then work on scheduling some more today

message 26: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm getting ready to make my post for buddy reads pretty soon.

@Aly - I'm so used to having a spread sheet now that I don't know what I'll do if I don't have one for the next challenge lol

message 27: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Thanks Katrina. I just thought a spreadsheet would be easier to keep track of everything this challenge. There is so much to keep track of. A lot of letters.. Lol

message 28: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Still making my list, but for now I'm just going to put them in the planned reads section, and I'll update it as I know more about which ones I'll get buddies for

message 29: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments I know I have 15 books on the planned buddy reads section. I am not going to read that many, but those are ones that are already set up that I'm interested in. About 10-12 of the buddy reads I have on the planned buddy read section are ones I actually planned. About 3 or 4 of those are possible ones that I have talked to others about reading if there is enough time left in the month.

message 30: by Victoria (last edited Feb 26, 2016 03:00AM) (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Yeah! Like Aly, I want to clarify - I'm going to try and read all the books I have under Planned Reads but if anyone really, really wants a letter I have I'm totally alright with giving it to them. (Except J if anyone didn't really mind - I've been dying to read this book my friend gifted me). I'm really a mood reader so it's hard for me to 'plan' what I'm going to read. I usually just join in on the buddy reads that I want for the month.

I've only worked once with a spreadsheet before, it's much easier to focus on what's what with it - thanks again Aly!

Also, I definitely think I'm going to start strong and try to marathon The Lunar Chronicles during the first week. I just want to let everyone know I'm probably going to be ghost for the entire second week of March because I'm getting two wisdom teeth removed and I'm a huge baby for, like, a week.

message 31: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm also going to be pretty absent for one week. My spring break is in March, and I'm going to be in Disneyland, so I'll probably only get one book completed during that time

message 32: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Katrina wrote: "I'm also going to be pretty absent for one week. My spring break is in March, and I'm going to be in Disneyland, so I'll probably only get one book completed during that time"

That's fine. Awesome! I wish I could go to Disneyland... lol. Never been there.

message 33: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Katrina wrote: "I'm also going to be pretty absent for one week. My spring break is in March, and I'm going to be in Disneyland, so I'll probably only get one book completed during that time"

Is Disneyland the one in Florida? I've never been either.

message 34: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I too will be out of town from the 3rd-7th but I'll do a good amount of reading during that time and post reviews when I get back :)

message 35: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Victoria wrote: "Katrina wrote: "I'm also going to be pretty absent for one week. My spring break is in March, and I'm going to be in Disneyland, so I'll probably only get one book completed during that time"

Is D..."

No Disneyland is in California

message 36: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments So my first two books I'd like to read for this challenge are for W and C....both of which other group members would also like to read for....
Any way we can figure this out so it's fair?

message 37: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "So my first two books I'd like to read for this challenge are for W and C....both of which other group members would also like to read for....
Any way we can figure this out so it's fair?"

I will take off my W. I wouldn't be reading it until towards the end of the month.

message 38: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments I didn't realize how many 'W' books I had until we can only read 2 in our whole group - I have close to 15 titles!

On a separate note, I'm hoping to hit up my local library tomorrow to see if I can find any of these books Violets Are Blue (Alex Cross, #7) by James Patterson , X (Kinsey Millhone, #24) by Sue Grafton , V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone, #22) by Sue Grafton

message 39: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Aly wrote: "Jessica wrote: "So my first two books I'd like to read for this challenge are for W and C....both of which other group members would also like to read for....
Any way we can figure this out so it's..."

Thanks :) I was hoping to read Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

message 40: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "Aly wrote: "Jessica wrote: "So my first two books I'd like to read for this challenge are for W and C....both of which other group members would also like to read for....
Any way we can figure this..."

Not a problem. I'm fine with waiting. I may still read the book though this month.

message 41: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "So my first two books I'd like to read for this challenge are for W and C....both of which other group members would also like to read for....
Any way we can figure this out so it's fair?"

Would you like me to move any others? I know I have a lot of planned letters.

message 42: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments Aly wrote: "Jessica wrote: "So my first two books I'd like to read for this challenge are for W and C....both of which other group members would also like to read for....
Any way we can figure this out so it's..."

No, that's alright. I just went through and listed a whole pile of planned letters so we'll see which ones I like when it comes time for reading them.

message 43: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica, I'm pretty flexible just so you know.

message 44: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (noseinabookbook) | 907 comments @Victoria - I notice we both have planned to read Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - want to BR it, say starting the 7th?

message 45: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Jessica wrote: "@Victoria - I notice we both have planned to read Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - want to BR it, say starting the 7th?"

I haven't read that yet and I want to!

message 46: by Victoria (last edited Mar 01, 2016 03:42PM) (new)

Victoria | 874 comments Jessica wrote: "@Victoria - I notice we both have planned to read Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - want to BR it, say starting the 7th?"

Sure! Could we move the date up a few days or after the week of the 14th and onward? As I have surgery the day after. -- also there's an edition that's 450+ so that's double the points.

Also! I'm totally willing to give up any of my letters that anyone wants besides F and J lol because I'm reading those books probably the 1st and 2nd of March~

edit--

The 7th is fine! I'll ask for the thread and start it in a couple days if that's okay with everyone!

message 47: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Thanks Victoria for getting our team started! Great start to March!

message 48: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm getting ready to start the heir right now

message 49: by Victoria (last edited Mar 02, 2016 10:51PM) (new)

Victoria | 874 comments lol, I go through periods of time where I don't want to read anything vs. I need to read all of the books and I am apparently in the latter.

I've finished Cinder and Scarlet. I may have Winter done by tomorrow.

I did want to ask - Katrina I was wondering if you were still planning on reading Cress?

message 50: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Yes I am

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.