2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2016 > Kristie's Challenge

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie (last edited May 16, 2016 11:08AM) (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments I seem to be ahead of the schedule I set to read 60 books this year. I barely made 50 last year, so I thought 60 would be a reasonable step up. I may revise my goal up a little later in the year, but I want to see how it goes for another month or two first. :)

ETA: I have updated my Goodreads goal to 72 books, though my reading has slowed down a bit, so I'm no longer ahead of schedule, but am on track for the new goal.

1. First Frost
2. That Silent Night: A Lady Emily Christmas Story
3. Brave Enough
4. Lives in Ruins: Archeologists and the Seductive Lure of Human Rubble
5. Mr. Monk and the New Lieutenant
6. Playing With Fire
7. A Winter Kill
8. Ella Minnow Pea
9. Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen
10. Loving Day
11. Arrows of the Queen
12. Tuesdays at the Castle
13. The Girl on the Train

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (karalena) | 241 comments I set the exact same goal and I'm also ahead on mine, good luck with your goal I hope you manage to get really far in your reading. Happy Reading.

message 3: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments Alicia wrote: "I set the exact same goal and I'm also ahead on mine, good luck with your goal I hope you manage to get really far in your reading. Happy Reading."

Thanks, Alicia! Good luck to you too.

I'm realizing the real challenge might be getting to any of my owned books. All but one of the books I've finished so far was from the library, and I have a bunch of library books checked out or about to be delivered through hold requests. Ah, well, they'll always be there waiting for me.

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (karalena) | 241 comments yeah, thankfully most of the books I have planned to read I already own, or will own as soon as they come out.

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah H. (maron123) | 131 comments Good luck on your reading challenge!

message 8: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments Hannah wrote: "Good luck on your reading challenge!"

Thank you, Hannah!

message 9: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments 16. Silently and Very Fast by Catherynne M. Valente
17. Station Eleven by Emily St. John

message 10: by Cassandra (last edited Mar 16, 2016 02:44PM) (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Great job, Kristie! What did you think of Arrows of the Queen? That's one of the books I'll be reading for my randomizer challenge.

message 11: by Kristie (last edited Mar 17, 2016 02:49PM) (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments Cassandra wrote: "Great job, Kristie! What did you think of Arrows of the Queen? That's one of the books I'll be reading for my randomizer challenge."

I liked it a lot. I gave it four stars, which is high praise for me. I save five stars for books that were really exceptional to me in some way, and have only given 14 (16 if you count rereads) in 645 ratings to date. :)

I'm not sure if I will, but I'd really like to get to the other two books in the trilogy this year. I definitely want to know what happens next!

message 12: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments That's great! It makes me way more excited to read it. I try to be fairly strict with my 5 stars as well, but you definitely beat me on that one.

message 13: by Kristie (last edited Mar 25, 2016 07:56PM) (new)

message 14: by Kristie (last edited Apr 20, 2016 10:25AM) (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments 19. All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders
20. Doctor Who: The Twelfth Doctor, Vol. 1: Terrorformer by Robbie Morrision
21. My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
22. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
23. The Fine Art of Murder by Emily Barnes

message 15: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments 24. The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare
25. Girl at War by Sara Nović
26. Life Interrupted by Yessi Smith

message 16: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (karalena) | 241 comments we are sitting at the exact same number of books read though I changed my strategy because I found I had trouble sticking to my list so now I'm just reading whatever pops out at me when I finish a book.

message 17: by Kristie (last edited May 16, 2016 01:08PM) (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments My list of books I want to read is ever-changing. I'm using shelves to try to capture what I want to read throughout the year, but the beauty of shelves is that they're super easy to change. :)

message 18: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (kristie621) | 23 comments I'm a bit behind schedule (3 books), but not too worried about it.

27. Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
28. Wink Poppy Midnight by April G. Tucholke
29. Warcraft: Durotan by Christie Golden
30. The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood
31. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
32. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
33. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
34. The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney