Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Arabic Book Publisher

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Makhtoota5229 (new)

Makhtoota5229 | 3 comments Hello everyone,

I added an Ebook to Goodreads some time back but forgot to add the two links which give the readers access to the websites where the Ebook is available for purchase. I don't know if they is against Goodreads policy, but people have asked me why the links to the book aren't in the synopsis at least.

Can I get help editing the synopsis to include the links to the two websites, please.

I am a tiny Arabic books publisher and I need all the help I can get so people get quick access to the book.

Many thanks for your response.

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments I'm sorry, links to external sites are not allowed in the synopsis. See https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/404

message 3: by Makhtoota5229 (new)

Makhtoota5229 | 3 comments That is good to know.

Are there any other ways to help readers find the book?

Thanks.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments Publishers' sites are allowed in the url field. If you have one, we could add a link to your page for this book. You could add the links to the purchase sites on that page. It's a bit roundabout, but it's the best we can do, I'm afraid.

message 5: by Makhtoota5229 (new)

Makhtoota5229 | 3 comments That's perfect.

Shall I post the url here for you to edit the book data?

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments Yes, that's fine.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42006 comments Mod
lethe wrote: "Publishers' sites are allowed in the url field."

Only if the publisher page has additional content not included on Goodreads, such as an excerpt. Sales links would not qualify as additional content.

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments I said "add the sales links to your page for this book". I would expect the page to have more than just the sales links.

Plus I think it's a good way to help a small publisher who can't benefit from the standard links GR offers, even if the page doesn't offer more content than GR has.