2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Weekly Updates > Week 8- Feb 22

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
This week I read Troublemaker by Leah Remini for my book written by a celebrity. I really enjoyed it, thought it was funny and thought provoking with a few surprises. This puts me at 6 for my challenge, not bad. Still slow going and under the weather but it's turning a bit.
How's everyone else doing overall? For this past week? Anything highly recommended?

message 2: by Katherine (last edited Feb 22, 2016 02:00PM) (new)

Katherine (kiik) Last week, I completed Paper Towns (set in home state), which I enjoyed more than I thought I would. The dialogue and plot were fun, and the bittersweet ending that John Green does so often was satisying, although slightly anti-climactic.

I also finished The Elite (YA bestseller) last night, which I loved. The series is kind of predictable, but the quick pace keeps me more than interested, and I can't wait to get to the third book.

message 3: by Clare (new)

Clare (-clare-) Hi all :)
I'm still slowly but surely getting through The Rosie Effect. I'm enjoy it immensely but reading Shakepeares sonnet for a challenge in another group has been requiring more brain power than i'd anticipated.
I have no idea what book i'm reading next either i'm so disorganized.

message 4: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments Hi everyone. This week I'm reading May We Be Forgiven for the prompt a book you meant to read in 2015 but didn't. I really like the book This Book Will Save Your Life by the same author, so wanted to read more of what they had written. I have to say I'm not enjoying it so far. I've still got about 380 pages to go, so hopefully it'll improve.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I can't believe I keep forgetting to do this.

message 6: by Mandy (last edited Feb 27, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Mandy | 89 comments Good morning everyone,

I'm still reading Freedom for the prompt an Oprah Winfrey book club pick. I think this is my third week on it. I'm about 120 pages to go from finishing it so hopefully have it done by tomorrow. I'm going to pick something recommended by you guys in the forums for my next book to read.

Happy Reading!

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments Tara wrote: "This week I read Troublemaker by Leah Remini for my book written by a celebrity. I really enjoyed it, thought it was funny and thought provoking with a few surprises. This puts me at 6 for my chall..."

Is this the book about her experience with scientology?

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
Yea it is, I mean she talks about her mom and stepdad getting all of them in when she was around 11 and then growing up in the church. Then later how she started to think things were changing and was uneasy about things then her eventual break from the church. It was really neat and an easy read imo.