Romeo & Juliet Discussion Board discussion

Romeo and Juliet
This topic is about Romeo and Juliet
Romeo and Juliet's love, Real or Not Real? Why?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan V | 5 comments Please explain.

message 2: by Nick (new)

Nick Giddings | 8 comments I wonder how they would have gotten the message to romeo if they knew about the plague

message 3: by Tyler (new)

Tyler V | 3 comments why do you think romeo so quick to love?

message 4: by Keara (new)

Keara Fritsche | 2 comments Who do you blame for the deaths of both Romeo and Juliet?

message 5: by Analia (new)

Analia Turner | 4 comments Why do you think Romeo and Juliet fell in love so fast?

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire Peterson | 4 comments Why do you think that society loves the story of Romeo and Juliet so much?

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Harvey | 4 comments Claire wrote: "Why do you think that society loves the story of Romeo and Juliet so much?"

Because the story of Romeo and Juliet is like any other teenage romance story, it's like what people call today, a "chick-flick". Its what every teenage girl loves to watch - a fairy tale romance story between two teenagers and the idea of "Happily ever after"

message 8: by Addy (new)

Addy Sherman | 6 comments I do not think that Romeo and Juliet's love is real. When the two meet each other at the Capulet party, Romeo and Juliet instantly fall in love. Many would say it's love at first sight. This is not true love because people need time to fall in love. In less than 12 hours after they meet, Romeo and Juliet marry. They claim that they are truly in love, but if you marry that close to when you meet, it is not real love.

message 9: by Alessia (new)

Alessia Perry | 2 comments I don't think it was real because they apparently fell in love in the first time they even saw eachother. And I personally don't believe in love at first sight. And I honestly just think they wee young and naive I mean they got married after like 2 days of meeting eachother a total of twice. Their is no way that they were actually in love.

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily Harvey | 4 comments Addy wrote: "I do not think that Romeo and Juliet's love is real. When the two meet each other at the Capulet party, Romeo and Juliet instantly fall in love. Many would say it's love at first sight. This is not..."

I agree in some ways, but the people of today has twisted the idea of love and how you know you're really in love, and when you're supposed to be in love. If Romeo and Juliet really believed they were in love and would die for each other, that could be true love.

message 11: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 3 comments No, because they knew each other for only like a week.

Aeryn | 3 comments I do not think Romeo and Juliet's love is real. I think they "love" eachother because of their appearence/physical characteristics. They married after not even a complete day of knowing each other. I think that if they knew each other more then they would realize if they truly love eachother or not.

message 13: by Ben (new)

Ben Hylen | 3 comments Since Romeo and Juliet fell for each other on sight and then quickly moved to marriage, I do think there love was as real as they knew it could be at their young ages. But looking at it from an outside perspective I would beg to differ that their love was in no form a real love but that of love for looks and talk without much thought for their future or even compatibility.

message 14: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 3 comments No, they met and they were instantly "in love" and when they found out they were from rival houses it just seemed like they got married because of that reason.

message 15: by Erika (new)

Erika | 2 comments Romeo and Juliet's love is not real because they only knew each other for one or two days. They could grow to love each other, but Romeo was just desperate after Rosaline's rejection, and Juliet is 14 years old, making her a freshman, and we all know how "freshamn love" never lasts and isn't really real.

message 16: by Cam (new)

Cam Peel | 1 comments No it is not true because they said that they fell in love with each other the very first time that they saw each other. This, in my opnion is not possible because you still have not talked to them. You never know, they could sound incredibly different than you expected!

message 17: by Dana (new)

Dana VandenBosch | 2 comments They are definitely not in love, Romeo is heartbroken the same day by Rosaline the day he meets Juliet. Because of this, he is filled with despair and feeling the need for someone to love. He sees Juliet and is physically attracted to her, and uses her to fill this role of loneliness. Whereas Juliet is too sheltered by her family to know any better. Throughout the play, Juliet talks about how 'handsome' Romeo is. This is because when she first meets him, she is physically attracted to him and jumps to the conclusion that she is in love. Therefore, the two characters Romeo and Juliet and not in love, but it is only an illusion to fill the role of loneliness that is in both of their lives.

message 18: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily S | 1 comments I believe that there love is not real because it all happened to fast and they didn't even know that much about each other yes there could be the fact of love at first sight but not everyone believes in that. there love isn't real because they could only love each other because they know their parents won't like it. So no i don't believe that there love is real.

message 19: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Sanderson | 2 comments Maybe it was only a plan to make the families get along once and for all.

message 20: by Addy (new)

Addy Sherman | 6 comments Claire wrote: "Why do you think that society loves the story of Romeo and Juliet so much?"

I think that people like Romeo and Juliet so much because it is something they can sort of relate to. Many relationships have something that will keep them apart. Romeo and Juliet is a tragic love story that most relationships follow. The people like it because it is a timeless story that many people believe in.

message 21: by Carter (new)

Carter P. | 1 comments I do not believe that romeo and juliet are are in love because they fell in love without even knowing eachother, they only like the physical attraction towards eachother...

message 22: by Gavin (new)

Gavin Smith | 3 comments No, they meet and were only together for a week and that would not be true love.

message 23: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 3 comments Tyler wrote: "why do you think romeo so quick to love?"

because of his personality. His personality being to act quickly and not think his plans of feelings through...

...also plot convienience.

message 24: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Van | 3 comments I do not believe that their love was real. When they met. Romeo and Juliet were in bad places in their lives and were eager to change the negative aspects of their lives.